FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2013, 04:54 PM |#101  
Joe0Bloggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitschki

Could you always have the To-Do List in your OP? I always want to ask when you will be working on mine (knowing that it's bad manner, which is why I haven't asked yet).

Sent from my SHW-M250K using Tapatalk 2

I don't think a simple FIFO queue would work There are many things to consider, such as the suitability of the reference model to the listener's sonic preference and the suitability of the phones themselves for reference correction. If you've been following this thread you can see that for the most part it's been an interactive process where I inquire about the listener's opinion of the unaltered sound of the phones and compare them to the available measurements and finally make the adjustments

I was hoping to receive further feedback from you on this post
Quote:

These may be difficult because they already measure quite well... The bass on the Sony is a bit overdone according to the chart and the high mids around 2kHz could use a lift for more pleasing vocals but it's not a given that your ears will agree with this assessment;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 05:21 PM |#102  
Kitschki's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seoul
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs


I was hoping to receive further feedback from you on this post


Oh I see.. Haha k I'll try to get something for you.. I need to listen without any effects, right?

Sent from my SHW-M250K using Tapatalk 2
25th July 2013, 06:01 PM |#103  
Joe0Bloggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoboxingfiend

when possible, can you create one for the VSonic GR07 MK II please.

Added... I have some qualms about whether I'm reading Rin Choi's graphs correctly though

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbnj47jcn...GoCSHIuTWm?lst
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 06:02 PM |#104  
Joe0Bloggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitschki

Oh I see.. Haha k I'll try to get something for you.. I need to listen without any effects, right?

Sent from my SHW-M250K using Tapatalk 2

Yup thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 06:21 PM |#105  
Junior Member
Denver
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I'll report back after some testing. The IEM performs well, but the bass is weak at time. I run my SG4 through the FIIO E17 to get some bass boost.

Thank you again.
25th July 2013, 07:03 PM |#106  
bobdoblo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21,162
 
More
Joe i just tried to donate mate but this message came up

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374771829594.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2142698  
25th July 2013, 07:31 PM |#107  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 38
 
Donate to Me
More
No Beats by DR. Dre
I have solo HD can you add support of it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
25th July 2013, 08:20 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Hi Joe, still using the IRS and it sounds awesome. Sorry to be a bother,but can you upload the BA200 Electric-q preset, I wish to use it with Foobar on my desktop.
26th July 2013, 12:13 AM |#109  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'd love to see support for Shure SRH840, Pioneer SE-A1000, Audio Technica T300, Monster N-Credible N-Ergy, and Hisoundaudio Golden Crystal. In that order. I have an ever-increasing collection of $200 or less cans accumulating. ;3

With most of these, I'm mostly trying to come up with correctional IR/EQ. Either to remove peaks, or to "tune" them to specific genres. The majority of my library calls for bass light, or bass neutral, but for my electronic music, I could really use a bit more dynamic boost to the lower end.

- CrystalT from Head-Fi~
26th July 2013, 01:39 AM |#110  
Joe0Bloggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,379
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdoblo

Joe i just tried to donate mate but this message came up

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips

Aww bummer Thanks for the thought though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucinch

Hi Joe, still using the IRS and it sounds awesome. Sorry to be a bother,but can you upload the BA200 Electric-q preset, I wish to use it with Foobar on my desktop.

Added the .e-q file

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyiris

I'd love to see support for Shure SRH840, Pioneer SE-A1000, Audio Technica T300, Monster N-Credible N-Ergy, and Hisoundaudio Golden Crystal. In that order. I have an ever-increasing collection of $200 or less cans accumulating. ;3

With most of these, I'm mostly trying to come up with correctional IR/EQ. Either to remove peaks, or to "tune" them to specific genres. The majority of my library calls for bass light, or bass neutral, but for my electronic music, I could really use a bit more dynamic boost to the lower end.

- CrystalT from Head-Fi~

So you got V4A to work? That's quite a request list you have there Probably only the SRH840 has been measured though
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
26th July 2013, 05:26 AM |#111  
Member
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
westone 3 request
wow this thread is amazinglg. this is just what I was waiting for with viper. I would gladly donate since I think I have somewhat uncommon headphones. they're westone3 triple driver in ear buds.I found the frequency response graph http://goldenears.net/board/69859.
The Following User Says Thank You to killablack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killablack Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes