Stock TW based ROMs vs AOSP - battery comparison

Search This thread

dirrtyswan

Jul 5, 2012
For those that have tried AOSP based ROMs and kernels for Note 3, how has the battery life compared to TW ROMs? I know "Android System" probably doesn't use 25% of battery as is the case for TW Roms usually. Whether the battery usage % lines up for not, it doesn't really matter as I don't really have an issue with battery life on TW ROMs, I'm just curious.

SeerePetrova

Apr 27, 2014
Ixtapa
For those that have tried AOSP based ROMs and kernels for Note 3, how has the battery life compared to TW ROMs? I know "Android System" probably doesn't use 25% of battery as is the case for TW Roms usually. Whether the battery usage % lines up for not, it doesn't really matter as I don't really have an issue with battery life on TW ROMs, I'm just curious.

I believe that a stock AOSP kernel help to improve the battery a lot more... or compulsion 12 for the note 3 touchwiz

messiahfreedom

Oct 30, 2013
Brooklyn

I have used both AOSP and touchwiz and for the most part, the touchwiz roms have SLIGHTLY better battery life. Starting out, AOSP was dreadful in battery drain but the latest builds in various roms in combination with the latest versions of certain kernels (temesek,lean,etc) have brought the battery lives much closer. They both have the potential to sleep like babies, and you can get great varying battery lives.