[GAPPS] *09/02* AROMA Installer for JB Google Apps (Evervolv/CM10) - Incl. Google Now

Search This thread

sergio_7rc

Jul 31, 2012
Seville
Calendar doesn't show me event in widget. And doesn't syncronized on app. Calendar doesn't found.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
Yes, i have. I have to delete it?, in that case I have to reinstall the rom, no?

No need to re-install the ROM. However, I installed this on top of a fresh nightly installation. So there is probably an issue with app data / caches / whatever.. Anyway, I'll check on that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, you could try if it helps to 1.) recursively delete /data/data/com.google.android.calendar, then reboot into recovery to clear dalvik-cache and reboot into system again.

sergio_7rc

Jul 31, 2012
Seville
No need to re-install the ROM. However, I installed this on top of a fresh nightly installation. So there is probably an issue with app data / caches / whatever.. Anyway, I'll check on that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, you could try if it helps to 1.) recursively delete /data/data/com.google.android.calendar, then reboot into recovery to clear dalvik-cache and reboot into system again.

I do not understand what to delete recursively. I have deleted the application data, cleared dalvik-cache and rebooted. Still not working. Tomorrow I will continue testing or reinstall the ROM. Thanks.

sergio_7rc

Jul 31, 2012
Seville
thanks, but i think that only for folder/directory...

Sent from my Nexus One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Code:
su
rm -rf /data/data/com.google.android.calendar

I did. It does not work. During all is OK. Synchronization error in settings> google accounts. =(

ctfrommn

May 25, 2011
Minnesota
Hey Bexton....another interesting feature to have would be the ability to choose where each item is installed....even if it was all data or all system....food for thought. Keep up the great work!

scotte9999

Feb 22, 2008
San Diego
intrepid.warped.com
Evervolv JB preview with latest nightly and i install it in system partition.

Bexton said me "Confirmed, my fault. Uploading fix asap." for a issues when i speak in google now i get force close application.

FWIW, using the Google Now from the older (08/15?) Gapps, and offline dictation from the 09/02 seems to work fine. Granted, it's an older version of Now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ng21zq.jpg

WHAT?
    This updater package contains Google Apps for Android 4.1.x, successfully tested with Evervolv and CM10 ROMs.

Download Zip to SD, boot into recovery, install Zip from SD. Now here comes the magic. In recovery mode, a Touchinterface-Installer starts, which lets you choose which Google Apps you want to install (Screen caps of installation process are attached to this post).

NOTE: You do NOT need a touch recovery to use the touch installer!

SELECTABLE APPS

• Gmail
      App Version: 4.1.2
      Version Code: 403
    • Google Calendar
      App Version: 4.1-403059
      Version Code: 201206270
    • Google Gallery3D
      App Version: 1.1.40000
      Version Code: 40000
    • Google Maps + Streetview
      App Version: 6.11.1 / App Version: 1.8.1.0
      Version Code: 610002002 / Version Code: 18100
    • Google Now (optional install /w or /wo offline voice recognition)
      App Version: 2.0.5.443668
      Version Code: 210020005
    • Google Play Books
      App Version: 2.5.83
      Version Code: 20583
    • Google Play Magazines
      App Version: 1.0
      Version Code: 121741136
    • Google Play Movies
      App Version: 2.0.21
      Version Code: 20210
    • Google Play Music
      App Version: 4.3.606.400900
      Version Code: 606
    • Google Play Store
      App Version: 3.7.15
      Version Code: 8013015
    • Google Talk (optional installable video chat plugin)
      App Version: 4.1-392829
      Version Code: 330
    • Google TTS Engine
      App Version: 4.1-392829
      Version Code: 16
    • TalkBack (Accessibility Service)
      App Version: 3.1.1
      Version Code: 68

SELECTABLE WIDGETS

• Genie Widget (News & Weather)
      App Version: 1.3.11
      Version Code: 1311
    • Google Ears Widget
      App Version: 1.0.1
      Version Code: 2

CHANGELOG
    2012/09/02

- Changed Google Calendar to 4.1.1-403059 version
    - Updated Google Maps
    - Updated Google Now​

2012/08/16

- Updated all core adapter and service apps
    - Updated framework files
    - Added libpatts_engine_jni_api.so to fix speech services
    - Certain Apps are being installed to /data, instead of /system partition
    - Added Google Genie Widget
    - Added Google Latin Ime Dictionary Pack
    - Updated Google Maps
    - Updated Google Now
    - Added option to install Google Now /w or /wo offline dictation
    - Added Google Play Books
    - Added Google Play Magazines
    - Added Google Play Movies
    - Updated Google Play Music
    - Updated Google Talk
    - Added optional video chat pugin for Google Talk
    - Added Google Talkback
    - Added Google TTS

2012/08/02
    - Initial release​

NOTE
    Some Apps, like SetupWizard, ServicesFramework or LoginService, are NOT in the custom selection list. These Apks are being installed no matter what apps you select (because you need them anyway).​

LEGAL
    The publisher is not involved with the creation of the Google Apps packages. The packages are found on the Internet, tested by a variety of community members, and if they pass testing and fill a need, they are marked as recommended by the Android community, and provided for download via trusted mirrors such as code.google.com. The Google Apps are the intellectual property of Google Inc., and are provided to restore the applications which come on devices which are licensed to have Google's proprietary code.​

Credits to amarullz for AROMA!
    It is actually because of the new libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so library.
    Extract it from the new Velvet.apk and adb push to /data/data/com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox/lib/ and change owner/permission to system.system 755.

Or push to /system/lib/ if you have 7MB+ space in the system partition. I am not sure if we can safely delete the old libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so to save some space, Their sizes are similiar.

Thanks for your help! Due to my new job and moving to a new city, I just not had the time to check what's wrong. Now I can update the installer tomorrow.
    Yay.. Finally, here is the updated version.

Download: gapps-jb-aromainstaller-20120816-signed.zip

Changelog:

- Updated all core adapter and service apps
    - Updated framework files
    - Added libpatts_engine_jni_api.so to fix speech services
    - Certain Apps are being installed to /data, instead of /system partition
    - Added Google Genie Widget
    - Added Google Latin Ime Dictionary Pack
    - Updated Google Maps
    - Updated Google Now
    - Added option to install Google Now /w or /wo offline dictation
    - Added Google Play Books
    - Added Google Play Magazines
    - Added Google Play Movies
    - Updated Google Play Music
    - Updated Google Talk
    - Added optional video chat pugin for Google Talk
    - Added Google Talkback
    - Added Google TTS
    Because the upcoming version is quite big (~85 mb), I created a minimized version, which includes: Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Gallery, Google Now (/wo offline dictation), Play Store, Talk, TalkBack, Genie Widget and Ears Widget. In turn, it does not include: Google Maps (+Streetview), Play Books, Play Magazines, Play Movies, Play Music and offline dictation for Google Now. The size of the minimized version Zip is only 43 mb.

Since my current upload speed is avg. 3 k/s and I still struggle with uploading the full version, I will only upload the alternative, tiny version at request. So if somebody wants it, leave a note.
    hello thanks for all the work you put in,
    just wondering if its possible to add the Genie widget as a selectable option?

Atm I'm trying to get voice control for Google Now working in German. Let me finish this first before pushing an updated installer version. And since Genie widget is just a tiny one, I can include that in the updated version, too.