FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

COMPILE From Source For Any Phone On Linux Distros [BUILD ENVIRONMENT TO COMPILE]

1,275 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,836

Post Reply Email Thread
26th December 2012, 05:56 PM |#31  
Flag The Shire, Middle Earth
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. meow

@OP
You might wanna change "CopyPasta" to "Copy-Paste".

Heheh I believe copypasta is a joke term used on the net.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Also, @OP I find it easier to use shift Ctrl c/v instead of mouse :P

Nice guide though

26th December 2012, 06:39 PM |#32  
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,732

More
@OP,

Very nice guide! I just got a new machine (i7 3630QM, 6GB RAM, 640GB HDD), and I've been eyeing a bunch of "how to compile" threads for a while. Now that I have a fully functional machine, with 100GB allocated to Nadia, I should be able to get up and running. One quick question though...Is it safe for me to assume that the majority of the command line stuff will remain the same, between Quantal and Nadia? This is going to be my first attempt at compiling, and I plan to compile from AOSP, so I figured I'd ask before I take the plunge.

Thank you for the guide...I'm really looking forward to putting this information to work, and getting my own build made for Toro. As an aside, what kind of compile time do you think I'm looking at with my setup? If an i3 compiles in 80-90 minutes, would it be fair to assume that my i7 should do the job in 55-60 minutes or so? Thank you again for an excellent guide! Much appreciated!
27th December 2012, 12:09 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hey great tut thanks!

so complete noob at all of this. If my device is not supported by the team hacksung code I would edit my manifest to...
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<project name="madmack/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_i317" path="device/samsung/i317" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

</manifest>
sync that, then I would need to do a lunch/breakfast (don't know which one or how to use it and google is being a pain showing me bed and breakfast places lol) followed by make.... is this correct or am I missing something

Thanks in advance!

Second question!
You say to add the manifest to the .repo folder inside ~/android/system I do cnt+H to show hidden files but there is not a .repo folder. The only one I can find is the one that already existed.
27th December 2012, 01:11 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Just wondering, how do I install and use third party toolchains like Linaro? I assume your guide uses the default Google GCC 4.7 by default? Thanks!
27th December 2012, 02:03 AM |#35  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,289

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankanidhi

what should i search for. i tired all the things but unable t find the package manager.

Please give screen shots for me. I am a noob.

well hit ctrl+atl+t on your keyboard a nice looking rectangle will open copy paste it there..

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8fxis

When i build it how to edit it's look like boot anim or theme,wallpaper ?

well swap the prebuilt anime with the one which you want..... to theme swap png's in frameworks and apps.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloversmoke

Hey great tut thanks!

so complete noob at all of this. If my device is not supported by the team hacksung code I would edit my manifest to...

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<project name="madmack/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_i317" path="device/samsung/i317" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="madmack/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

<project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="jellybean" />

</manifest>
sync that, then I would need to do a lunch/breakfast (don't know which one or how to use it and google is being a pain showing me bed and breakfast places lol) followed by make.... is this correct or am I missing something

Thanks in advance!

Second question!
You say to add the manifest to the .repo folder inside ~/android/system I do cnt+H to show hidden files but there is not a .repo folder. The only one I can find is the one that already existed.

forget about adding it to manifest... find the device tree for your device on github... download it as a zip copy paste that zip to device/manufactureer/here. its easy as that ..
The Following User Says Thank You to speed_bot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speed_bot Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 03:39 AM |#36  
Flag New york
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
what is the manifest file for ATT galaxy s3 and cm10.1
Please paste it as a reply or PM me the file. Thanks. everything ok untill reso sync. Great guide. But need a little more clarification for noobs line me.

Thanks
27th December 2012, 03:42 AM |#37  
R.I.P.
Flag East/Middle TN
Thanks Meter: 1,198

Donate to Me
More
I just wanna say thanks for this guide. I put wubi on windows 8 on my new asus and now i cant dual boot ubuntu:/ anyone care to help me partition my hdd so i can dualboot that way? Scared of screwing up new laptop...

Sent from an Apple killing JellyBean
27th December 2012, 04:02 AM |#38  
Flag Bangalore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfreak426

I just wanna say thanks for this guide. I put wubi on windows 8 on my new asus and now i cant dual boot ubuntu:/ anyone care to help me partition my hdd so i can dualboot that way? Scared of screwing up new laptop...

find an empty partition assume you found c to be your empty partition

download gparted format that partition to ext4...(you need to boot from cd)

then boot from cd install it on that partition ...
The Following User Says Thank You to speed_bot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speed_bot Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 05:20 AM |#39  
Flag Tillsonburg
Thanks Meter: 892

More
this... libwxgtk2.6-dev should be.... libwxgtk2.8-dev just thought i would let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to psycho693 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psycho693 Ad-Free
27th December 2012, 07:57 AM |#40  
R.I.P.
Flag East/Middle TN
Thanks Meter: 1,198

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_bot

find an empty partition assume you found c to be your empty partition

download gparted format that partition to ext4...(you need to boot from cd)

then boot from cd install it on that partition ...

What format does partition have to be in? And where can i get an ubuntu cd?

27th December 2012, 08:09 AM |#41  
Flag Bangalore

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfreak426

What format does partition have to be in? And where can i get an ubuntu cd?

Well it's got to be ext4, no other file system.... Well download the iso from their website its free burn it to a cd or if your bios supports it then you could always use a pendrive...

A word of caution

You won't find drives listed as c d, etc when booted from gparted it will be something like /dev/sda3 but you can see the space used and space free in each partition so that will help you determine your empty drive... Gparted too is free..

Edit

The method I'm saying is for normal dual boot not wubi,.If you plan to build for multiple devices pick a partition with atleast 100 gigs..
sent from cyanmobile powered Beni
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speed_bot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift speed_bot Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
*abhi boomed here*, compile android from source, easy, ubuntu 12.10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)