Now $229 on Amazon....

Search This thread

bigmout

Oct 8, 2007
The price on Amazon has dropped to $229. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger now or wait until it drops to $200.

brianlp

May 10, 2006
St Louis
I called 611 on my phone to talk to Customer Service this past Saturday to tell them that Frys was selling the Note for $199 and they credited my account $100. I was just three days shy of my 30 day purchase date. All they asked me was when did i buy my phone. I didn't have to prove that the price had dropped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
I called 611 on my phone to talk to Customer Service this past Saturday to tell them that Frys was selling the Note for $199 and they credited my account $100. I was just three days shy of my 30 day purchase date. All they asked me was when did i buy my phone. I didn't have to prove that the price had dropped.

I have called multiple times and they keep telling me they can't do it.

Ltilt2

Sep 1, 2010
Los Angeles
I got mine at BB for 199.99 and this was with an upgrade. They price match to how much Fry's is selling them. But it wasn't that easy.

The first BB I went to didn't do it so I went to another BB and they tried checking Fry's website to see if they could find the ad. But finally after 2 hrs. I got my Note.
Funny story is that the BB that did price match had to send someone to pick up from the store that did not do the price match.

schtuka

Aug 18, 2009
Chicago
Thankgod Fry's had one store in Illinois. During their promotion I used it at local Best Buy..... 25.5 miles away or 0.5 miles over the BB distance limit.

esco757

Dec 31, 2008
Might be picking this baby up 2morrow... Price matching @ 229, $50 off from freedom choice, $5 certificate, and $100 dollar check I just found going through junk mail today dated from 2010 w/ no expiration date from Time Warner in my sectional's compartment chest(LOL!!) will cost me only $55 bucks.... Prolly game set match 2morrow....

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. My partner has been looking for the note and we almost pulled the trigger when it was 249.99 on Amazon.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA

ajresendez

Nov 26, 2010
I just bought one last week :mad: . I wonder if I call later today I can get them to credit my account the $20 dollars?

Yep was able to call this morning. They did a one time exception and refunded $20 back to my account :)

Last edited:

Evanescense

Sep 25, 2011
mmmM!! I just bought a Note for $300 and a Skyrocket for $200 from AT&T -.-!!1

Will go return them tomorrow fml!

SiL3nTKiLL

Jun 19, 2006
hmm thanks for the heads up. my wife just got this for a lot more, gonan try to return and rebuy thru amazon!

downyours

Jan 30, 2011
I received my note from Amazon wireless on Friday last week. Setup is super easy. Just be sure you don't change your contract for 181 days or Amazon will charge you some ridiculous amount. The flexibility off ATT seems pretty good though. Go over your data for the month and they just charge for another gig at $10. I will tell you that I called after I ordered it and asked them to ship overnight as there was no option during the checkout to change shipping speed. They upgraded me for free. Really good service through Amazon. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FINE PRINT THOUGH. You'll see what I mean about 181 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

downyours

Jan 30, 2011
Forgot to add, the ATT store in my podunk littel town was selling them for $329 plus tax. Saved $160.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Autumnfading

Mar 26, 2011
I was able to get the guys at Best Buy to agree to price match the $229 price, even though it was technically against their price matching policy. Combined with the $50 gift card deal I had, it was fantastic. I just hope I can do the same when my other line comes up for upgrade next month!