Thanks Meter: 4,769

By ukanth, Recognized Developer on 26th October 2012, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2013, 04:06 PM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 2,073

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJack

Once again: can anybody help me with this app? I have the following problem: with every reboot and/or updating/installation of app WiFi internet stops working. The only solution is to re-apply iptable rules to bring Internet back.

I have white list rules allowing WiFi connections to all apps, 3G connections to a few app and roaming denied connection for all.

This problem appears about few weeks ago, possibly with some update. I have tried to uninstall AFWall+ (problem disappeared) and reinstall it again entering all rules manually. Same situation.

You can never go wrong with posting a logcat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pons For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pons Ad-Free
6th February 2013, 03:12 AM |#492  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Once again: can anybody help me with this app? I have the following problem: with every reboot and/or updating/installation of app WiFi internet stops working. The only solution is to re-apply iptable rules to bring Internet back.

I have white list rules allowing WiFi connections to all apps, 3G connections to a few app and roaming denied connection for all.

This problem appears about few weeks ago, possibly with some update. I have tried to uninstall AFWall+ (problem disappeared) and reinstall it again entering all rules manually. Same situation.

Please send the rules ( menu - show rules - export ) and share it here before you reapply. This might happen if some other firewall/process changing the iptables rules.
Do you have any custom rules defined ? Also mention the ROM, version etc and logcat

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 06:34 AM |#493  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Please send the rules ( menu - show rules - export ) and share it here before you reapply. This might happen if some other firewall/process changing the iptables rules.
Do you have any custom rules defined ? Also mention the ROM, version etc and logcat

Thanks!

Here we go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip archive.zip - [Click for QR Code] (153.9 KB, 9 views)
6th February 2013, 06:47 AM |#494  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Here we go.

thanks, can you also send the rules.log file from afwall folder ( menu - show rules - export to SD)
6th February 2013, 09:05 AM |#495  
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks, can you also send the rules.log file from afwall folder ( menu - show rules - export to SD)

Sure
Attached Files
File Type: zip rules.zip - [Click for QR Code] (666 Bytes, 10 views)
6th February 2013, 09:25 AM |#496  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sure

OK, you need to disable mobile data limit at android level. It's a known issue.
6th February 2013, 09:29 AM |#497  
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK, you need to disable mobile data limit at android level. It's a known issue.

If you mean Android Settings - Data Usage - Mobile Data Limit, it is disabled and never was enabled.
6th February 2013, 04:58 PM |#498  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you mean Android Settings - Data Usage - Mobile Data Limit, it is disabled and never was enabled.

Though you disable it, surely some built in service is applying the iptables rules. I clearly see the rules are being applied after every boot and every install/update/

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...Controller.cpp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2013, 08:44 PM |#499  
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:

Though you disable it, surely some built in service is applying the iptables rules. I clearly see the rules are being applied after every boot and every install/update/

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...Controller.cpp

Hm, I have "My Data Manager" with a 1 GB limit installed, and I have the same problem with having to reapply the firewall rules. Thanks for the tip, and I hope removing the data limit will solve the problem!

Edit: How can I tell if some service applied iptable rules after a boot up? I disabled data limits and I still have to re-apply my firewall rules after a re-boot ...
8th February 2013, 11:04 PM |#500  
de
Thanks Meter: 862

More
Quote:

Also I'm working on init.d support to push a script on boot to fix the data leak issue. Once ready i'll publish the APK here for testing. Kindly test it and let me know if that fixes the data leak.

Quote:

Pushed the new version to playstore and updated the OP ,I'll be back tomorrow with another version which I'll put it here for people to test.

It didn't install anything to init.d here and data leak is still present. Can you post that init.d script so we can manually install it?
Edit: Is this one ok?
Edit2: No, it's not ok.. It blocks everything but AFWall cannot revert it.
9th February 2013, 04:29 AM |#501  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualJoe

It didn't install anything to init.d here and data leak is still present. Can you post that init.d script so we can manually install it?
Edit: Is this one ok?
Edit2: No, it's not ok.. It blocks everything but AFWall cannot revert it.

I'll pushing the build this weekend, you can test after that. Yes. currently there is a data leak.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ukanth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
block internet, droidwall, firewall, iptables, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)