[ROMs][10/1/2012] CyanogenMod 9 [MEGATHREAD][CDMA]

Search This thread

cslingerland

Jul 11, 2012
I have seen a lot of people with the parsing issue.

Maybe a bad PH98IMG?
Any s-on people who successfully flashed this ROM?

I flashed both le noob and stock cm9...i am s-on. I just extracted boot.img and flashed in fastboot.worked great.make sure the kernel you're trying to flash isn't uberkernel but rather the stock one built by Chad. Uberkernel does not work with the current build

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
I have seen a lot of people with the parsing issue.

Maybe a bad PH98IMG?
Any s-on people who successfully flashed this ROM?

Mainver might be the culprit. Uploaded a Mainver reset flashable via recovery. Any S-on users getting parsing issues care to test?

Flash via recovery, then try flashing the PH98IMG of the boot.img from your desired ROM.

Dropbox : http://db.tt/t6ZckbX2
Md5 = 669998737a1994ef7e7cb8468908d2cc

HTC Rezound

Last edited:

Insidious

Mar 12, 2011
Southern Maryland
Thanks for adding the boot.img to this! It gets annoying extracting it from every rom I download.

d.kozzer

May 4, 2012
Chicago
Looks like the phone stayed awake all night, which is why I'm having significantly elevated battery drain while "idle". I'd be happy to grab any other info, if it's helpful at all.

uploadfromtaptalk1347626523960.jpg

Last edited:

cslingerland

Jul 11, 2012
Looks like the phone stayed awake all night. I'd be happy to grab any other info, if it's helpful at all. View attachment 1325911

Yeah. Its a known issue now and I am sure the devs are on it. :) Thank you though! I really hope it gets fixed too, cuz waking up with 70-75%battery is not fun when I have to work for 11 hours and can't charge often

d.kozzer

May 4, 2012
Chicago
Yeah. Its a known issue now and I am sure the devs are on it. :) Thank you though! I really hope it gets fixed too, cuz waking up with 70-75%battery is not fun when I have to work for 11 hours and can't charge often

Great! I figured they were, but being a developer myself I know that the more specific info you have, the better equipped you are to solve the problem! :)

Edit: I'm waking up with like 20-30%, about 75% is what I'm used to and would like it to be again. But it's manageable for now, so like everyone else, I'll be waiting patiently for a fix once the devs can get away from real life long enough to figure it out.

Reactions: cslingerland

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Looks like the phone stayed awake all night, which is why I'm having significantly elevated battery drain while "idle". I'd be happy to grab any other info, if it's helpful at all.

View attachment 1325911

Seems like it's bluetooth related. Here's a similar issue I pulled from Google.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786981

Edit:
Another page about that wakelock -

http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/detail?id=5257

HTC Rezound

Last edited:
Reactions: d.kozzer

cslingerland

Jul 11, 2012
Great! I figured they were, but being a developer myself I know that the more specific info you have, the better equipped you are to solve the problem! :)

Edit: I'm waking up with like 20-30%, about 75% is what I'm used to and would like it to be again. But it's manageable for now, so like everyone else, I'll be waiting patiently for a fix once the devs can get away from real life long enough to figure it out.

Why is your battery so terrible!? Not to be rude. Just....if that was my battery I'd throw it in my car emergency kit and let it sit there.

d.kozzer

May 4, 2012
Chicago
Why is your battery so terrible!? Not to be rude. Just....if that was my battery I'd throw it in my car emergency kit and let it sit there.

It usually isn't! Just the past few days. I think dropping 20% over 10 hours or whatever when idle isn't too bad. When I had my dinc, it'd be at about 75-80% when I woke up. I do everything I can to extend battery life: dim the screen, conservative governor, underclock the cpu, 30 sec screen wake time (but I usually click it off when done using it), BT/GPS are never on, use wifi when available, etc.

kd-

Dec 13, 2009
Having similar battery drain / kernel wakelock issues as a few others... looks like the phone was kept awake the entire time I charged via USB last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-14-09-20-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-14-09-20-16.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 556

66racer

Nov 26, 2010
Mainver might be the culprit. Uploaded a Mainver reset flashable via recovery. Any S-on users getting parsing issues care to test?

Flash via recovery, then try flashing the PH98IMG of the boot.img from your desired ROM.

Dropbox : http://db.tt/iptW1Uti
Md5 = 478f9b4451530de3fd90d1a8cd966432

HTC Rezound

Thanks, I will try this after work, I didn't catch it yesterday. To be clear though do i also need to flash a kernel manually? Which is your preferred? I think in saw stock on the main page. I only have sense ones saved so I would need to DL a kernel as well.

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Thanks, I will try this after work, I didn't catch it yesterday. To be clear though do i also need to flash a kernel manually? Which is your preferred? I think in saw stock on the main page. I only have sense ones saved so I would need to DL a kernel as well.

Flash the Mainver reset in recovery, then flash the boot.img that is provided with your ROM. Posted a few PH98IMG.zip for S-On users. I know Gray has one in the OP that I made for his 9/12 build.

HTC Rezound

Reactions: 66racer

Pucuck

Aug 28, 2010
Blacklick
pucuck.wordpress.com
I was looking around trying to see if there were any mods to get album artwork on the lockscreen to show up larger or without that dark mask over top and found this thread on how to compile the code: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667805. Figured this could be a cool little mod for someone to add. Not sure how this would work if the weather or calendar info is turned on to show on the lockscreen...

chaos254

Mar 4, 2011
I'm also getting the Bluetooth wake lock. I haven't turned on Bluetooth at all. Here's what I found about it. If I could figure out how to edit the config.XML, I would have tried this already lol. Maybe someone else can give it a shot or at least point me in the right direction

i’ve had the problem that the device didn’t want to switch into deep sleep mode if radio was on. What is deep sleep? To make it simple we break it down. Your device has 3 modes. The fisrst is “Screen On and Awake”, “Awake” and “Deep Sleep”. If you use your device it you’re in the first mode and you need a obviously a lot of battery. The second “Awake” means it is doing some background work. Checking for calls, checking Emails, syncing contacts. The last one means it goes for some time into a mode were it uses almost no battery, and this is Deep Sleep. If you don’t do anything and your phone is in your pocket you want that it is in the Deep Sleep mode most of the time. My HTC Wildfire S didn’t want to go into the “Deep Sleep” mode at all if radio was turned on. It worked with Airplane mode. I thought this has something todo with RIL but I was wrong. Actually it was a bluetoothwakelock. The wakelock “msm_serial_hs_dma” was held all the time. The problem is that the msm7227 platform doesn’t supports quick switch-on/off of the bluetooth module and you need to deactivate it withan overlay else ICS always tries to trigger.

So adding

<bool name="config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch">false</bool> to overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml fixed the problem and the wakelock was gone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm also getting the Bluetooth wake lock. I haven't turned on Bluetooth at all. Here's what I found about it. If I could figure out how to edit the config.XML, I would have tried this already lol. Maybe someone else can give it a shot or at least point me in the right direction

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
To do that, you'll have to unpack and the repack one of the framework files. I might look at that when I get home tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

murhaava1

Jan 19, 2012
Having similar battery drain / kernel wakelock issues as a few others... looks like the phone was kept awake the entire time I charged via USB last night.

Try a reboot. I had the same issue and with gsam battery it was showing that kernel *(wakelock)* was using a LOT of battery. I rebooted and everything came back to normal and instantly had better battery life. Some process is probably just not getting killed so its constantly in the background....but reboot should kill it :)

66racer

Nov 26, 2010
Flash the Mainver reset in recovery, then flash the boot.img that is provided with your ROM. Posted a few PH98IMG.zip for S-On users. I know Gray has one in the OP that I made for his 9/12 build.

HTC Rezound

I just tried it right now and it didn't work. I didn't check the md5 on the mainver flash since I'm trying this at work, I dunno if you have any other ideas?

Basically to recap I did a factory reset in recovery and cleared data, both cache, system, then flashed the ROM, flashed the mainver file, Dev many and boot to boot loader, flashed the pH file but got stuck on parsing till timeout again. Reinstalled backup afterwards.

Phone is unlocked and s-on with latest firmware

Thanks

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
I just tried it right now and it didn't work. I didn't check the md5 on the mainver flash since I'm trying this at work, I dunno if you have any other ideas?

Basically to recap I did a factory reset in recovery and cleared data, both cache, system, then flashed the ROM, flashed the mainver file, Dev many and boot to boot loader, flashed the pH file but got stuck on parsing till timeout again. Reinstalled backup afterwards.

Phone is unlocked and s-on with latest firmware

Thanks

There is a problem with the zip I uploaded. Working on a new zip now, I'll post once I've tested it.
HTC Rezound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a megathread containing all of the CM9 builds. The first post is straight CM9, someone commits an update and I build it for you people to enjoy. The second post is built by antp121 which has some cool things added (like center clock and Google Now). The third post is built by kryptik06 which has some theming and other cool stuff. The fourth post is by apophis9283 which has a few things added. The fifth post is by Snuzo, which has a custom kernel and other optimizing features added. When you post a question, please remember to mention which one you are on just to make things easier!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CM9.png

CyanogenMod 9
    Built directly from source, no modifications whatsoever.

Some screenshots:

Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-09-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-11.jpg

Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-11-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-11-16-10-40.jpg

But you aren't here for screenshots are you? You are here for........................
    Download Links!​
    Changelog:

5/28/2012
    • Lots of bug fixes thanks to our great developers.

10/1/2012
    • Some sort of audio fix
    • init.d support

9/28/2012
    • Front camera adjustment to fix Google hangouts and Skype

9/21/2012
    • Multitouch fix

9/18/2012
    • Bluetooth wakelock fix
    • WiFi fix

9/12/2012
    • Bluetooth media fix
    • Mobile data fix
    • Reduce screen flicker and flash

Installation Instructions:

AmonRa Recovery rename to "PH98IMG.zip", place on root of SD card, and flash in bootloader.
    Instructions for S-OFF:
    • Download the latest build and place on SD card.
    • Download GAPPS and place on SD card.
    • Wipe.
    • Flash CM9 in recovery.
    • Flash GAPPS right after.
    • Reboot and enjoy!

Instructions for S-ON:
    • Download the latest build.
    • Download GAPPS.
    • Download this and rename to PH98IMG.zip S-ON boot.img (Thanks to luis86dr) and place on the root of your external SD.
      Md5 = 5a223692ae51ec69110974f9f06ad73b
    • Reboot to recovery.
    • Wipe.
    • Flash CM9.
    • Flash GAPPS.
    • Reboot to bootloader and install the PH98IMG (if you get a "parsing" error, extract the boot.img from the zip and flash with fastboot)
    • Reboot system and enjoy!

Bugs:
    • MHL HDMI does not work, because MHL is not a part of CM9. So don't complain that it doesn't work. :)
    • Bluetooth calling, media works.
    • Most everything works, occasional freezes or reboots. (Very sparse)

Enable GPU rendering in Developer options to make the keyboard lag go away!
    Older builds:

CM9 Unoffical Build 10/1/2012
    CM9 Unoffical Build 9/28/2012
    CM9 Unofficial Build 9/21/2012
    CM9 Unofficial Build 9/18/2012
    CM9 Unofficial Build 9/12/2012
    CM9 Unofficial Build 9/11/2012
    CM9 Unofficial Build 9/10/2012

Please take a minute to thank chad0989 for all of his hard work!

Also, thank you to antp121 for helping me with the things that I couldn't figure out.

If chad pushes any updates, I will build and update this as fast as I can.
    Enjoy yourself and post any questions!

noobbanner.png

cm9kangs.png

You may be asking yourself, "What makes this CM9 rom stand out from any other?"
    Well, the feature list includes:
    1) The new CM10 Boot animation

2) A newer kernel, UBERKERNEL ( Thanks to dmeadows013) which:
    - Makes it much more snappier due to having Linaro optimizations.
    - newer 3.0.42 kernel
    - and most importantly..... CAMCORDER!

I will include cherry-picks and newer features in future builds :)

DISCLAIMER: Me, Dmeadows, and Chad are not responsible for bricking your phone, starting thermonuclear war, your phone exploding or any other possible (or impossible) side effects ;)

NOTE: Mount Points are different in AOSP based roms. EMMC is the Internal SD and SD Card is the External SD!!!

BUGLIST:
    - Runs a stock, 3.0.16 kernel. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH UBERKERNEL!! YOU WILL NOT BOOT!
    - Bluetooth for voice is a no-go
    - some people report hearing themselves in-call
    - You Tell Me!

TIPS:
    - upon first boot, hit the microphone icon in the Google Search box, check the Use Always box on the Bottom, and hit "Google" NOT "Voice Search"
    - To reduce lag and speed up keyboard, go into Settings, scroll down and click Developer Options. Scroll down and check "Force GPU Rendering"
    - Install a sexy theme from the Play Store and apply in Settings under Themes. I recommend any themes by Nitroz or Hoolm.
    - Apply who MIKE D's new wallpaper :D

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.) Make a Nandroid Backup
    2.) Are you sure you made a Backup? Good!
    3.) wipe all user data, cache and dalvik cache
    4.) Flash the rom
    5.) Flash the Gapps
    6.) ...
    7.) Apply who MIKE D's sexy wallpaper http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31366149&postcount=630

CURRENT AMOUNT OF DOWNLOADS: 2374! :D

9-10-2012:
    9-10-12
    MD5: dfa596db006788aa6affb241fdfa35e4

9-05-12
    MD5:bbdff299732bbc16bdc76293b8a9c23b

9-04-12 build 2
    MD5 SUM: d0c37b092f6e0dede8902855f6c3802b

LINK (Android FIle Host)
    Boot Animation Fix

CREDITS:
    Chad0989 - for fixing ril and making this, well, possible! (donate to him)
    Dmeadows013 - for making his awesome kernel (and him too)
    the Cyanogenmod team and everyone else who helped make this possible :)
    who MIKE D - for the sweet wallpaper!

For all the latest builds, follow me on Twitter!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Changelog:
    9-10-12: Bluetooth is fixed! Also, custom wallpaper (thanks who MIKE D!!!) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31366149&postcount=630

9-5-12: Include Google Now (thanks mikeyxda) attached is the Stock Google Search zip. just flash in recovery if you dont want google now.

9-4-12: build 2: includes goo manager. should give notifications of new builds.

9-4-12: add center clock, fix boot animation

9-3-12: initial release.
    s4az5c.png

CM9 UNOFFICIAL ROM with Tweaks CDMA

Hi guys! This is A CM9 build I have been working on and I thought I'd share it. Runs very fast and smoothly for me . I will be updating this regularly so make sure to check for updates

Some Features

Tweaks for battery and performance!
    Beats/dsp
    Zip Align on boot!
    Stable! (for the most part)
    some others I can't remember

to do:
    Customize images
    Change bootanimation
    add more tweaks!

BUGLIST
    Google maps needs data/Wi-Fi location turned on (go to "Common tips" to find fix)
    -streaming video FC (gtalk, skype etc) ~ Camcorder does work though

DOWNLOAD
    Juice 1.3 (9/22/12)
    MD5:117efbc18779f0776eda555f7b5e60e

Juice 1.1 (9-18-12)
    MD5:2502fd8d9bcc3eac85a0317234e0d34b

Juice 1.0 (9-13-12)
    MD5:7cb32a8d08202a1f670faff308d2bcb7

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.)Make a Nandroid Backup (optional)
    3.) wipe all user data, cache, dalvik cache, and /system
    4.) Flash the rom
    5.) Flash the Gapps

Common TIPS:
    -if you are experience GPS problem flash this (MAKE SURE you "mount/system" before flashing the zip)
    - If your are experiencing keyboard lag, go into Settings, scroll down and click Developer Options. Scroll down and check "Force GPU Rendering"

CREDITS
    Chad0989-Making everything possible!
    Awsome-For beats/dsp mod
    mv_style
    CM-For source
    If I forgot anyone let me know I'll def add

Change Log
    Juice 1.3 (9-22-12)
    -multitouch fix
    -changes in the performance tweaks for ui

Juice 1.1 (9-18-12)
    -Removed kernel tweaks (seem to cause weird battery drain)
    -updated battery script
    -Bluetooh battery drain fixed! (thanks to chad)

Juice 1.0 (9-13-12)
    -first release
    To the left, to the right now y'all

Oops my bad I forgot about the build I was going to post, I was too busy dancing. So finally it's here.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092765614

1/15/13
    Reverted to AOKP's Wifi binaries (Gives us native tether)
    Reverted to stock source for kernel
    A few small optimizations mainly relating to wifi

10/16:
    Updated to use htc's wifi binaries
    Baked in Funky Kernel v1.3

10/1
    Native Tether Working
    Linaro Built
    Baked in Funky Kernel v1.1

Enjoy and cha cha real smooth! ;)
    The battery complaints seemed to show up when Chad got Bluetooth partially working. It's probably related to a bug in the implementation.

Bt wasn't sleeping. I've since implemented the low power mode driver but haven't gotten a chance to push it yet. Plus other bt changes. Nothing seems to be helping the headset issue though. I feel like that's an audio issue and not bt. Also fixed the battery stats thing. Just been really busy the last few days.