Interesting discovery with LTE icon

Search This thread

omegajester

Jun 10, 2009
Carpathia
I currently have a D801 Claro PR variant (same as wind mobile, and for the most part, the Canadian D803's). Thing is, I usually swap roms around on a weekly basis, always using Wootever's now discontinued kernel (as kernels for this device are somewhat limited). My only complaint with all the roms I flashed is that I never got the LTE icon, even when on LTE (I got the 4G icon). I even tried editing the build prop. But alas, the 4G icon was always, apparently decided to stay. Well, yesterday I decided to try Furnace kernel, as it supported my device, and I wanted to try something new. To my surprise, the 4GLTE icon popped up (as well as all the corresponding icons for my device)! I re flashed Wootever's kernel back just to make sure it wasn't luck, and lo and behold, the evil 4G was there, rearing his ugly face, and the LTE icon nowhere to be found.

I really don't know if one thing has to do with another, but I decided to post my findings, as I know that there are many like me that are stuck with the 4G icon while on LTE, and this could prove to be useful to them.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

pinetreehater

Feb 29, 2008
The ATL
My Sprint variant did this when I mucked with the bands trying to get Spark in Atlanta. When I enabled all three bands (forgot how...search) the the icons changed. I hated it because the alternate icon took up too much space.

And no, I never saw a speed difference. Matter of fact, enabling the bands had some type of negative effect, but I can not remember what it was. I never saw the new fangled Spark icon, which I guess will be enabled after the much ballyhooed update hits.