Broke temporary replacement phone!

Search This thread

filthygoat223996

Oct 4, 2012
So my friend sent in her s4 for repairs and Samsung sent her a galaxy nexus. She dropped it this morning and the screen cracked. Since its a temporary phone, what is the procedure for this? Does anyone have any experience

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So my friend sent in her s4 for repairs and Samsung sent her a galaxy nexus. She dropped it this morning and the screen cracked. Since its a temporary phone, what is the procedure for this? Does anyone have any experience

I think their expectation is going to be that they get the temporary phone back in the same condition as it was when they sent it. So your friend is going to be liable for some damages.

Sent from my Nexus 5

mortenmhp

Jul 23, 2008
Hedensted
I think their expectation is going to be that they get the temporary phone back in the same condition as it was when they sent it. So your friend is going to be liable for some damages.

Sent from my Nexus 5

You can't really say that without knowing the conditions she probably signed when getting the phone. Samsung might as well have insurance covering such cases.

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
I worked in wireless for 3 years. I can tell you that she will have to pay for the damages. That's why most companies don't do loaners anymore. When she got the temporary, she agreed to return the phone is the same condition as received.

filthygoat223996

Oct 4, 2012
Would Samsung care if she replaces the screen? I'm guessing that's cheaper than whatever Samsung would charge

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
The screen has a digitizer that would take not only technical know how to replace, but is very pricey. It's your call though. Might cost you more in the end if you try and fail at doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The screen has a digitizer that would take not only technical know how to replace, but is very pricey. It's your call though. Might cost you more in the end if you try and fail at doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    For starters, that girl needs to keep a case on all her phones if she's just breaking them left and right. lol. But the insurance thing is something I doubt anyone here will be able to answer. She needs to talk with Samsung