Helpfull APN info for people using Verizon S4's on AT&T

Search This thread

BiasedThunder

Oct 16, 2011
BIllings MT
I have recently taken my Verizon Galaxy S4 and put it on the AT&T network (Prepaid $60 a month plan) and after hours of reading these forums and trying apn settings posted I found some information via Google that might prove useful to those of you that wish to do the same.

Before I start, I am getting HSPA+ speeds of around 12MBps, I have full working data, text, calls, and MMS. At the moment I haven't been able to get the tethering to work, wifi or otherwise.. says number not found. I assume that means its checking to see if its available for a plan that allows it via AT&T.

APN settings I used are as follows.

Name: ATT HSPA+
APN: phone
Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
Port: <Leave in Blank>
Username: <Leave in Blank>
Password: <Leave in Blank>
Server: <Leave in Blank>
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one
Bearer: leave it to the Default one

For those of you unfamiliar with how to change the APN settings: apn settings for Android - For Android, you should go to Settings > Wireless Connections > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

Its fairly straight forward. Make sure that once your finished adding the apn info you hit your menu key and save, then back out and select the apn you want to use.

APN setting source: http://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

There are a couple video's on that site as well if you need a walk through.

I take no credit for the video's or the website, I am only relaying some useful information that I had trouble finding.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: JavaManRules-GS4

BadToThePhone

Dec 26, 2011
Curious if you have tried to tether and if it works? I was able to get T-Mobile prepay working on the S4. The only issue was that I couldn't get around the tether upsell page. I read everything. Thanks

BiasedThunder

Oct 16, 2011
BIllings MT
Curious if you have tried to tether and if it works? I was able to get T-Mobile prepay working on the S4. The only issue was that I couldn't get around the tether upsell page. I read everything. Thanks

No, I couldn't get the tethering to work.. I'm using all the stock stuff on my S4 at the moment but once I flash something I'll play with it some more.. But as it stands so far that is all I have found that doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have recently taken my Verizon Galaxy S4 and put it on the AT&T network (Prepaid $60 a month plan) and after hours of reading these forums and trying apn settings posted I found some information via Google that might prove useful to those of you that wish to do the same.

Before I start, I am getting HSPA+ speeds of around 12MBps, I have full working data, text, calls, and MMS. At the moment I haven't been able to get the tethering to work, wifi or otherwise.. says number not found. I assume that means its checking to see if its available for a plan that allows it via AT&T.

APN settings I used are as follows.

Name: ATT HSPA+
    APN: phone
    Proxy: <Leave in Blank>
    Port: <Leave in Blank>
    Username: <Leave in Blank>
    Password: <Leave in Blank>
    Server: <Leave in Blank>
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: <Leave in Blank>
    APN type: default,supl,mms,hipri
    APN Protocol: Leave it to the Default one
    Bearer: leave it to the Default one

For those of you unfamiliar with how to change the APN settings: apn settings for Android - For Android, you should go to Settings > Wireless Connections > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

Its fairly straight forward. Make sure that once your finished adding the apn info you hit your menu key and save, then back out and select the apn you want to use.

APN setting source: http://apn-settings.com/us/att-apn-settings/

There are a couple video's on that site as well if you need a walk through.

I take no credit for the video's or the website, I am only relaying some useful information that I had trouble finding.

Hope this helps.