Leagoo Lead 3 4.4.2 rooting: Quirky;

Search This thread

pvocong

Jul 8, 2013
chene-bourg
Hello,

Thank you for the tips form the Leagoo Lead 3 forum: I wasn't able to post there so I do it here;

I don't know how to relate my own tasks to achieve this:

At least I followed steps 1 and 2: Step 1 was never finished: hangs or failed error message:.

With Kingo Root, always ended up with failure message except the last time:

I was able to root successfully;

Before to successfully root with Kingo Root:
- After several trials with steps 1 and 2. I ended up with Lead3 being rooted as displayed on Kingo Root status, But I wasn't able to use su;
- Once Kingo root status was root, I launched mtkdroidtools 2.5.3, freshly reinstalled(ie I renamed my former version installation), Lead3 was correctly detected with green light, No Root button but ADB. I made a backup and installed SuperSu with this tool:
I clicked on ADB. Type adb shell, it gave me # root access inside Lead 3.

But on standalone, Lead 3 stayed as not rooted (default.prop ro.secure=0). Secure mode. Thank you to the Insecure forum: And the guy who explained clearly on one his article, just google 'android insecure mode' and ' Root any Android device - Whiteboard Web'.

- Last trial with Kingo Root: Root was successfull.

And I still don't understand ,,,,

- I checked Lead3, it's rooted. SuperSu, Xposed framework work Ok, and su in the terminal:eek:uf.

ps: The device manager shows android device with Alcatel ADB driver. and sometime Android ADB, depending on which tool I used.

NB:
I forgot to mention that during the rooting trial, with adb and terminal, I saw busybox was installed, at leat links in the filesystems I was able to mount -o remount, rw /system and / in order to change default.prop content (sed ,,,,). Strange isn't it ?
Baffled ,,,

But as curiosity is still here and pocket minded, I'll shop more of those phones.

Leagoo Lead 3 is really nice phone. As long long as I can control ...

Attachments

• leagoLead3_1.png
    leagoLead3_1.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 554
  • leagoLead3_2.png
    leagoLead3_2.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 460
Last edited: