>>> 30 March 2008 <<< HTC_Hermes_S64_WM_6.1_HTC_WWE_Lite

Search This thread

removed

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,

I'm having problems installing this image....

I got past my first error thanks to google :p needed .net framwork 2

However, I'm running RUUWrapper.exe, selecting "Force Using Safe SSPL" as I don't know which bootloader I have and auto detect can't figure it out. I'm then going through all the steps to where it appears to start flashing, my handset clears and shows a green, red, blue and grey striped screen then moves to a white screen with blue text saying "loading" on it. It then appears to stall, the computer screen has "Updating the ROM image on your PDA Phone" then after a while shows "ERROR [260] : Connection" and suggests that the computer lost it's connection to the device. However I've tried it numerous times with new cables etc and still happens.

I can remove the battery and restart the phone and it's as though nothing happened.... any ideas anyone?

naruta

Jul 17, 2007
I'm running RUUWrapper.exe, selecting "Force Using Safe SSPL" as I don't know which bootloader I have and auto detect can't figure it out. I'm then going through all the steps to where it appears to start flashing, my handset clears and shows a green, red, blue and grey striped screen then moves to a white screen with blue text saying "loading" on it. It then appears to stall, the computer screen has "Updating the ROM image on your PDA Phone" then after a while shows "ERROR [260] : Connection" and suggests that the computer lost it's connection to the device. However I've tried it numerous times with new cables etc and still happens.

I can remove the battery and restart the phone and it's as though nothing happened.... any ideas anyone?

the same here. now have schaps 4.40 beta, thie rom hangs upon flashing i have to press exit and reset the tytn :confused:

dioxda2

Jan 23, 2006
Hong Kong
the same here. now have schaps 4.40 beta, thie rom hangs upon flashing i have to press exit and reset the tytn :confused:

try the following ( it helps me )

1. force device to bootloader manually with left-side ok button and right side power button and bottom reset pit......

- just keep pressing (look like squeezing) those 2 bottons and
meanwhile pit the bottom reset pit for half second, and the ONLY release
the reset pit and wait for the screen to become 3 colors........ :D

2. plug back to PC (then you should see the " USB " appears on the device screen),

3. activate the wrapper immediately, (waited too long may cause errors)

4. wait and then enjoy.

:D

Yosef

Jan 26, 2008
Tel-Aviv
Very good rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a'm glad of it....no problem in something!!!! i have I-mate jasjam herm100:):D:D:D

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
great rom man. Most stable i have seen by far. two questions though. 1) how can i get rid of the random ringtone thing. it asks me everytime the phone starts, and i keep putting cancel. 2)i cant seem to get the cube to work. any ideas?

drkosse

Apr 25, 2005
Problems

I have some problems with this, just want to mention them here to see if anyone knows anything about them, or has the same issues:
1. Screen align program doesn't work (which is really bad for me since I have a Hermes with screen align problem). I can start it, but as the first crosshair comes up no clicks are registered and I have to soft reset.
2. The right soft key doesn't work anywhere, not at today screen and not in programs
3. touch flo doesn't work at all, nothing happens (but i've never used it before so maybe I'm doing something wrong)

Otherwise the rom looks great so if this stuff can be fixed I'm sticking with it.

thanks,
Bo

Wam7

Sep 27, 2006
London
@Starbase64
You really do need TWO splash screens not just one. Also the first one needs to cover the whole screen. :)

Last edited:

molesaied88

Dec 24, 2007
is it possible to get rid of the little bar at the bottom of the screen (above the soft keys) i think its called the task bar. it is sooo annoying because it throws off my screen and makes me use a scroll bar. thanks i really appreciate the help

gonzoine

Nov 15, 2007
I'm having the same problems as molesaied88 (random ringtone and no cube thingy). Also, the first splash screen doens't cover the whole screen. could these 2 be connected? Also, i'm kinda new at this. is there windows live on this rom? if not, is there a way to get it?

Last edited:

yoghi-bear

Jun 19, 2007
UMTS not supported ?????

Hi Starbase64,

I have installed your ROM and it is running just fine. :)

GREAT stuff.

What I miss is the support for UMTS.

Before I was running the standard Windows Mobile 6 ROM from HTC. It showed UMTS as the type of network.
Now I have your ROM installed and now I noticed that I do not see any UMTS connections anymore.

Is my assumption correct or is something else wrong???

Regards

Yoghi Bear

miraboliko

Mar 6, 2008
Hi,

Just one issue (probably newbie question) regarding keyboard unlocking after stand by mode.

My Hermes200 few days ago started to ask me to unlock keyboard when waking up from standby mode. I've already passed all the possible settings that caused this situation but yet not found the reason.

Can you plz give me some advices how to solve this 'problem'??

Grazia mille!!

miraboliko

Mar 6, 2008
Ok...just to inform i already got the issue.

Anytime i have the BT off the device prompt me to unlock before waiking up from standby mode. Once i turn on the BT, this prompt doesn't appear...weird :rolleyes:

regards

Infuriated-Germ

Nov 20, 2007
London
Prolem

Seemed stable and was fast while it worked. Here is a short timeline incase the cook finds it of any use ;)

Over 8 hrs without issues (idle overnight)
  • The Touchflo never worked and always failed to save config so had to install from seperate cab.
  • Then I attempted to sync to my outlook and the sync failed.
  • After reboot it would hang on the 1st slash screen. Removed battery and started up .... then it says "I didn't reboot properly or installed software that may have been untrusted" (or something similar) and gave me the option to press OK to lose all my data and start clean or press PTT to cancel.
  • Pressing OK seemed to solve the problem after resetting to defaults until active sync was used then it ended up repeating the above step 3 times randonly during different usage ..... before it finally stopped responding at the screen alignment. Reflashing multiple times didn't solve this problem either.
Shame because I liked all the software/look and speed when it did work.

----------------
Tried the full version of this ROM after SuperCIDing the Device and it seems to be working perfectly. So either the inital rar download may have been dodgy or there's something in the Lite version that didn't agree with my device OR the SuperCID sovled the problem ... who knows.

Last edited:

Johan Steenkamp

May 17, 2008
Download

Hi Everyone,

I do not have a rapidshare account, would it be possible for anyone to share this in some other way please?

Thanks.

Jun 12, 2008
S64 WM 6.1

hi!! i have a few S64 WM 6.1 and i have a problem with my ALIGN SCREEN....
it`s don`t work....
can anyone tell me what`s happen....
it`s don`t work only with this WM 6.1 of the serie S64 WM 6.1...
sorry about my english....

mnoga

Oct 11, 2007
i flash my tytn, but i have two problems.
active sync don't find my tytn,why? what i have to do?

opening sms inbox i don't view all sms(4000)and it is very very very very slow!what can i do?please help me