[APP] Theme Switcher Version 1.6 [2 Feb 2010]

Search This thread

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Screenshots

Hi Grumps,

i have used now the new version and it looks like that the part is working so far. The first test was save the present theme (dusk). The 2nd one will be reset the actually, umpf, and install a new one. For that i will wait 2 days. Then i have a second phone :D where i can do my tests.

The theme.jpg is now working (see screenshot).So far so good. I hope the rest will working too. Very good work at all until now. Go further please...

screenshot_new.png

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
One question...

Has someone here allready tested the restore function or reset? :eek:. I ask because, it is now so many work to restore all my things again.

I'am never scared about anything, about only my sweet little black dusky good old phone :D:D.

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Thanks for the theme switcher, it's just what I've been looking for. On a slightly, unrelated note though. How'd you get the fullscreen wallpaper on your device? Or are you not using a landscape manila 2.5? As I haven't seen a working solution for it.

Tilt ommarow

Sep 11, 2008
One question...

Has someone here allready tested the restore function or reset? :eek:. I ask because, it is now so many work to restore all my things again.

I'am never scared about anything, about only my sweet little black dusky good old phone :D:D.

Yes, it works great. You will be very pleased with ease of restore.
No need for any worries. You can switch back and forth. Change some or all etc..
I pretty much have tested all functions and have had zero problems.
I still have to mention that if it messes up on you. Don't blame me.:D
Seriously though, it does a great job of copying manilla files back and forth.

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
Hi Grumps,

i have used now the new version and it looks like that the part is working so far. The first test was save the present theme (dusk). The 2nd one will be reset the actually, umpf, and install a new one. For that i will wait 2 days. Then i have a second phone :D where i can do my tests.

The theme.jpg is now working (see screenshot).So far so good. I hope the rest will working too. Very good work at all until now. Go further please...

Looks cool maybe i should move the pic a little bit up. the problem is that theres too many phones. Im using 6.5.x on a rhodiumd and it doesnt overlap at the bottom but on yours it does a little. Wonder what it looks like on a diamond. Wanted to move the pic down so it doesnt show on a diamond cause the screen is too small. BTW what font are you using?

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
@ Grumps,

so my idea is..that everyone who is using your little app are sending a screenshot from the main and the action screen. Then you have an overview how it is working on the differen phone !?

When i will use - Restore to Rom Default - wat presicely the application is doing? Call for hardreset? Ask the ROM header? Copy the changed files from rom to memory? How does the application knows which files are changed? If this the secret of your application, then please PM me. I will only be shure that nothing goes wrong - no steeling of software that's the code of honor.

@ Tilt ommarow,

i don't will blame you :D. I am only a little bit scared about all my work for dusk. When i have to do a hardreset this time, i will have a lot work. Ok the moment will be come where i have to do that, but not yet :D. I think.. now you understand my problem.

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
@ Grumps,

so my idea is..that everyone who is using your little app are sending a screenshot from the main and the action screen. Then you have an overview how it is working on the differen phone !?

When i will use - Restore to Rom Default - wat presicely the application is doing? Call for hardreset? Ask the ROM header? Copy the changed files from rom to memory? How does the application knows which files are changed? If this the secret of your application, then please PM me. I will only be shure that nothing goes wrong - no steeling of software that's the code of honor.

@ Tilt ommarow,

i don't will blame you :D. I am only a little bit scared about all my work for dusk. When i have to do a hardreset this time, i will have a lot work. Ok the moment will be come where i have to do that, but not yet :D. I think.. now you understand my problem.

Hoezeet.

When manila is cooked into a rom then all the manila* files in the \windows folder becomes "stuck" you can not delete the at all. So when you add custom items for instance icons it will simply "hide" the file in windows and make the new file available. So if you delete the "new" file the old one will automatically be available again. So the Reset to Rom default option will delete all the "new" manila* files from windows so the original ones that was there when the rom was loaded becomes available. What i usually do when i load n saved theme i reset to rom default then apply the saved theme. So in short. if you applied things like different icons or maxcy or sliders or transparent curtains etc and you reset to rom default it will remove all the changes and manila will look what it looked like when you first flashed a rom

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Grumps,
ok so far so good. That is what i understand simply. Will this have an effect of all changed *.dll's too? Because the most changings for taskbars, bottombars and some system files are done also in the dll's. It is right when i think this will be the same effect to the dll's?

I am new in rom technics. I will not cook my own rom. No time and i see no effort for that. There are many others outside. And when i see how many problems still there with own cooked roms, no thank you. This more on support what i have to give then!? There is no time for that. Because i will play with my childs in the rest of the time. My family is more important then this :D (lego, thomas the tank engine and so on).

BTW. thank you for your time and descriptions.

Tilt ommarow

Sep 11, 2008

@ Tilt ommarow,

Yes, I understand.:) I was just assuring you that it has worked flawlessly in switching manilla files on my device.
You should also look into Sashimi.
That app is what I use after a hard restore.
It can pretty much restore all of the files that you have created.
It will also install all of your cabs etc...
Sashimi gives me peace of mind for full restore.
Theme Switcher makes it easy to save, restore, and switch manilla files.:)

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Grumps,

the update to version 1.6 is working. See the screenshots.. now it is perfect. Ok there is allways something. But for me it is OK. Go on with your very good work.

The next step i will do is to skin the first page to dusk. Can you send me the original grafics file. I will not work with a half qaulity. I will do this on the best way. Specially for a perfect app as yours one.

screenshot_1.6.png

Grumps

Apr 10, 2007
Johannesburg
Hi Grumps,

the update to version 1.6 is working. See the screenshots.. now it is perfect. Ok there is allways something. But for me it is OK. Go on with your very good work.

The next step i will do is to skin the first page to dusk. Can you send me the original grafics file. I will not work with a half qaulity. I will do this on the best way. Specially for a perfect app as yours one.

screenshot_1.6.png

Glad you like it. I dont have the origianl Tilto morow has done th graphics for me. you can ask him for it. He is on the previous page :)