Cases

Search This thread

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
I've searched but I couldn't seem to find a thread, I'm wondering what cases do all you guys have? I just got the hero and I want to protect it, especially the screen. So who has what and who likes what?

tejasrichard

Apr 3, 2009
I use the bodyglove case. I like the way it looks and feels, but do have 2 complaints:

1. When typing in portrait mode, it is hard for my to hit the keys at the edges of the screen (so i normally type in landscape mode, lol!)

2. If you DO happen to drop your phone, sometimes this case pops open. That being said, I've not had my phone damaged when this has happened, but you still should be aware.

I plan on trying the otterbox myself, just to see if it is better, but for the most part I am completely happy with the bodyglove.

morbidpete

May 20, 2009
Portsmouth
www.plasstech.it
I have thew rubber case they sell in the sprint store. i cut the edge's of on the screen part due to not being able to hit the edge of the screen like tejasrichard mentioned with his case

aauussttiinn88

Feb 12, 2010
TOLEDO
anybody try one of those TPU (thermo plastic) cases they are like silicone ones but i guess way more sturdy and repel dust im interested only one place has em for our heros so im assuming they are pretty new to the market

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Has anyone compared the otterbox impact and commuter series? Is the commuter series suppose to be more rugged? I can get the commuter series from newegg for the same price as the impact normally is. Reading their descriptions on the otterbox website aren't very helpful in differentiating the series. The commuter is a hard shell where the impact is a soft one right?

Last edited:

lordofokra

Jul 7, 2007
Otterbox

It's a little bulky, yeah, but it has a good feel to it. Also, Hero took a trip into the hot tub again (survived once with no case) with the Otterbox on and there was almost no water inside the battery area when I pulled it out. Phone still works!

thematrixkid17

Aug 28, 2009
A better question is WHERE ARE THE CUSTOM CAR MOUNTS??!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I am actually in the process of ordering parts to build a custom windshield mount. I'll post a guide when the parts all come in. (Some are coming from Hong Kong and taking a while... they were supposed to be here late this week or early next week)

Last edited:

danknee

A better question is WHERE ARE THE CUSTOM CAR MOUNTS??!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I'm using a swiveling mount from Proclip.

The pricing is absurd, $45 just for the swivel part, you need to have a base mount to attach it to. I already had a custom base in my Honda S2000 I bought for my Garmin ($15) with the standard mounting holes. The Garmin is going to Ebay with these great new 2.1 ROMs and built in NAV.

The Proclip is well built, very functional and sturdy as hell. It works great vertically and horizontally. It DOES NOT work with a case on your Hero. I am using a no-name hard plastic clear case ($5 from the interwebs) that I snap on and off each time I get in my car.

The whole setup works so well that I am using Home++ so that I can utilize horizontal home screens while driving... Can't wait for Darch's stock build and I will switch to this.

Droid Live is my new car radio, tethered to a Sony deck with A2DP bluetooth.

Last edited:

Freeport36

Jul 6, 2010
Florida
Waterproof and Fully Functional Case!!!

I will be getting a new case in a couple of weeks that has yet to hit the market. It is 100% waterproof and very functional for those of you that are boaters, beach goers and pool sitters. See pic below. I will have them on eBay for $39.95 but for all of you here on XDA, it will be $30.00 + $3.00 shipping. I can invoice you via paypal or we can do the cashier check and mail thing. My eBay user name is "goulpher36" if you would like to check my feedback. You can reserve one if you send me an email and mention "XDA".

Top Liked Posts