[ROM] CyanogenMod-6.1.0-RC1 for Hero CDMA - V6.1.0-RC1 (10/28/2010)

Search This thread

liangbk

Feb 27, 2010
camera app stuck

anyone having problems where they go into camera, view gallery and come back to camera and then the phone gets stuck in camera requiring a battery pull. phone calls won't break it out of camera mode either. happened on RC1 and just flashed stable version 6.0 and just did it again. any ideas?

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
Is there any practical purpose to run Dec's #14 over stock Darch Kernel if I decide to just stick with 691? My phone is happy at 710 but seriously, I don't think I'll miss the extra 19, you know? Does Dec's kernel do anything else (good or bad) to the rom if I just leave it un OC'd?

dcepero

Sep 18, 2010
Oh wow I found the last piece of the puzzle. SetCPU. Now everything's running smoothly. Thanks!

One problem though, in Launcher Pro, I can set the number of homescreens to whatever I want, but I can't set the default homescreen to anything other than 2. Anyone have that problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Launcher.

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
Is there any practical purpose to run Dec's #14 over stock Darch Kernel if I decide to just stick with 691? My phone is happy at 710 but seriously, I don't think I'll miss the extra 19, you know? Does Dec's kernel do anything else (good or bad) to the rom if I just leave it un OC'd?

I feel like Dec's kernels are more optimized for better battery/GPS/whatever, but I haven't really run CM6 with the stock kernel, so I might be wrong.

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
anyone having problems where they go into camera, view gallery and come back to camera and then the phone gets stuck in camera requiring a battery pull. phone calls won't break it out of camera mode either. happened on RC1 and just flashed stable version 6.0 and just did it again. any ideas?

Known and common bug unfortunately

Sent from my HTC Hero running froyo: take that, Sprint!

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer

Well his new bfs kernel is out, and it has working gps. I'm getting 470 quadrant scores, and gps does work great :D

stayclean

Jul 13, 2010
You get those amazing quadrants because your phone likes 768, right? Mine has epileptic seizures at 729 or above :(

Quadrants don't really mean anything. Dec said in the thread that it's not really as stable as the stable kernels, and that it's not so much meant for multitasking, instead more for single tasks. Kind of interested in trying it myself, but I do a lot of multitasking..

dshook19

Jan 22, 2010
How do I fix parcial wake lock of my android system? I went to spare parts to c what was eating my batt. And it just said android system

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
Hmm... well that just shouldn't happen then! Do you know if you had anything processor intensive running In the background?

no just youmail, a clock widget, launcherpro and the rest of the barebones system apps(keyboard, framework and sync services etc.) im gonna give the new bfs kernel a try and see if gps is improved over last time lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * The CM team is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or anything whatsoever.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=753910
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Latest version: 6.1.0-Heroc-RC1 - 10/28/2010 This is the same ROM as the RC1 on Cyanogenmod forums, I'm just updating the XDA post
    Download: http://mirror.teamdouche.net/get/heroc/update-cm-6.1.0-RC1-Heroc-signed.zip
    MD5Sum: 4fe84dc15b7f79831a6d315462ffe8fb

Google Addon: MDPI-20101020
    Mirror: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed.zip

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

If you need immediate help, the irc channel is usually the best place to get at the server is irc.fossnet.info #heroc , or go to the webchat: webirc.fossnet.info:9090 . you can also get at me on twitter: twitter.com/darchstar
    pretty responsive rom so far, i still have to get used to it over 2.1. im going to test it through tomorrow. one annoying bug is the text lag..the message comes through before the notification sound plays.

i also modded the framework to give me a better, stronger signal level.
    is the mms issue fixed yet ? none of my friends on other carrier are getting my mms even though it says sent.
    Any sense rom, from what I understand.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo-on-Hero action here!

I would do fresh 2.4.0, since its a native sprint sense rom

Sent from my hero running froyo... take that Sprint!
    Hey guys, was bored tonight so decided to do a full wipe coming from AOSP and wanted to test the CM6 since the final release, all went well other than reboot every 30 secs, did not load any apps, simply flashed the Rom and the Gapps, now I must say I flashed aospMod-gapps-mdpi-20101020-signed, I don't assume that would be the issue for the reboots, but I could be wrong, any suggestions :rolleyes:

Flash deca's capped 691 kernel, that should fix that issue :D