[APP] Mount Manager - Device Mounts Manager [01/17/11]

Search This thread

Durl2

Aug 20, 2011
OK. I will write for those who will have similar problem to mine. So everything went OK after I manually loaded modules (md4, cifs, nls_utf8) thru terminal. Don't know why but now even after restart cifs manager and mount manager have no problems mounting. :good:

IanMWheeler

Sep 9, 2011
Mount Manger and Android TV box

Hi

Thanks for the app pretty straight forward, however, I am trying to mount a smb share with a simple password.
I have tried to long HOLD (no touch screen of course!) on my remote control to enter the enter log in details, no joy. I tried adding the options as user and password, but still got bad user / password message

Have you any suggestions please of how to get around this please
Ian

G-Box Midnight Android 4 TV Box :crying::crying:

namzad

Jan 3, 2011
Mount Manager Plugin Not Working With Tasker

Good afternoon everyone,

I've managed to get Mount Manager working and am able to successfully mount my shares.
Now, i'm trying to automate the mounting by using the Mount Manager plugin with Tasker.
However, this doesn't seem to be working for me. I've created a task which simply uses the plugin to mount a share. After I run the task, the share is never mounted. I don't receive any errors of any kind.
I actually think this is a problem with Tasker itself, as I am able to use the plugin with Locale and it mounts the share without any issues.

Is anyone able to do this successfully with Tasker?
Any ideas?

Galaxy Nexus GSM
ATOM422 Rom - D0622
Android 4.2.2

nilism

Nov 28, 2012
Edmonton
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Thanks for the work on this app. I was having problems but have been making headway.

I am running AOKP with the trinity kernel that has built in CIFS support on a galaxy nexus. I can not mount folders on my network but the data in them is not seen. In mount manager it shows 0 kb on the mount and in a file explorer app it will show the mount being empty.

I am guessing this is some kind of a permission thing? I am not strong with linux but maybe I should try to manually mount? Ideas?

Regards!

Update: When I go into logcat there are no log errors thrown. (after I cleared all the errors from trying to get it to work before)

Last edited:
G

GuestD2485

Same here,
I am actually trying to find a solution to this.
Will report back.

It really seems to be a permission problem since the folders are mounted succesfully if I use a local share.
When using a cloud storage however, my root directory is rw but my subfolders are not.

Update:
Local NAS mounts as root while the cloud storage mounts as system.
Terminal access via "su root" works. Why does mount manager use different folder permissions? Or is it just me?

Last edited:

nilism

Nov 28, 2012
Edmonton
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Same here,
I am actually trying to find a solution to this.
Will report back.

It really seems to be a permission problem since the folders are mounted succesfully if I use a local share.
When using a cloud storage however, my root directory is rw but my subfolders are not.

Update:
Local NAS mounts as root while the cloud storage mounts as system.
Terminal access via "su root" works. Why does mount manager use different folder permissions? Or is it just me?

Looks like this is the problem here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106480

Seems to be an issues with android 4.2 multi users. There is a fix posted there but it is more complicated. ROlling back to a 4.1 based ROM might be the easiest solution.

I'll have to chew on this later. Hope that gets you going in the right direction. This app is dead. Dev doesn't post or update anything in over a year now so we are on our own.

G

GuestD2485

Thanks,
will have a look at that.
I definitely am going to get it working I swear :)

ferika2705

Nov 18, 2013
Delete mnt points - how? See unvisible mount points - how?

Hi!

I have tted it on Sams. Galaxy V2 10.1 with Android 4.1.2 - after i got the right modules for my system this week :)

- modules are loaded except the utf-8, which i not got for my kernel :(
- new mount point made - on /sdcard/cifs - this working right with Seagate WiFi ext. HDD and his Hackersatellite Samba enabled firmware
- then i tryed to made new mountpoint to my Freenas server - not alowed, because it tell me "Mountpoint allready present!". Yes, it tried it to made long time before i got the right modules, and it was newer working before. PROBLEM is, that i CANNOT SEE this mountpoint, cannot delete them, simply cann nothing do with!

HOW can i SEE existing mountpoints and delete them, if i do not see those in the Mount Manager?
HOW can i delete mountpoints that i have in the Mountpoint Manager and can see those?

!!! If i tap on the list of my visible local groups and select in the WORKGROUP my FREENAS server, then it tell me, that it cannot be connected on the address <20>/10.0.0.251, althrough it had the address 10.0.0.250 !!! But this address i cannot add, because it mean that this mountpoint already exist and i cannot see it and cannot delete it.

What to do? At this point something was activated from my entries, because the manager do recurently crash after load.

Thx.
Feri

wackaman

Sep 7, 2013
Good Morning.
"I have ti give up???"

My device is an medion lifetab S10346.
I have rootet my device with the tipps from XDA Forum.
Actualy KitKat 4.4.4 (rootet and SuperSU is running)
With another Tipp from XDA I have tried ti fix the Write to external SD Card. Dont know... does ist work???

OK so far.
I would like to mount something from my Homenetwork like Music to play with maybe music folder player.
For that I have to mount but it doesnt work.
Everey Place I definie in the Settings to mount is wrong.
Everytime I become Errors, that the mount to any Places I gave failed.
Any pad to sdcard like mount or whereever or
any pad to sdcard1 like any created folders produces the same error.
Mount to ....... failed.

Do you have any sugestions??

natashasharma008

Feb 27, 2016
Natashasharma

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really loved surfing around your blog posts.

porkero

Feb 21, 2016
Madrid
Friend, where could I download the .apk file? The link of QR code is broken
I have a Rikomagic mk902 device with android 4.4.4 installed.
Thanks

Zacharybinx34

Mar 20, 2012
Why was this removed from the play store store. Are there any other apps that do the same thing as this? I keep getting a access is denied error when trying to browse my smb shared files that are on my usb drive that is connected to my router.

Sent from my Pixel using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've released the first version of Mount Manager, a tool to manage your CIFS shares and other mount points on your device.

Requires Root
    Requires kernel w/ CIFS support or the Modules for your kernel
    busybox recommended, no longer required.

Modules:
    Features:

• Load multiple modules
    • Load modules automatically when the app starts
    • Load modules when the device boots up
    • Automatically "import" existing cifs mounts (you will have to edit them if they use a password)
    • Open the mounted shared with popular file explorers like ES File Explorer, Astro File Manager, and AndExplorer
    • View and open all the mounts on the device
    • displays the total, used and free space for the mount point
    • Mount shares when app starts
    • Mount when device boots
    • Mount when connected to wifi
    • Unmount when disconnected from wifi
    • Locale / Tasker plugin (license key required)
    Modules can be set to automatically load when the device boots, when the application starts or they can be "forced"

The cifs mounts can also be set to auto mount when the device boots, when the application starts or when connected to wifi.

It displays the used, free and total space on the mount point. View all the mount points on the device and their information.

Open mount points in external file explorers like Astro File Manager, ES File Explorer or AndExplorer.

mm1.jpg
    mm2.jpg

mm3.jpg
    mm5.jpg

Available on the Android Market
    chart

If you have any issues, please post them here so I can work on getting them fixed.
    Google deletes stuff like that from their shop. Made a copy for you, since dev is dead or something.
    So we're already 2 with readonly shares?

I just uploaded a fix for the readonly issue. Should fix the problem as long as the user account will actually have read/write on the host.
    Is there any way to use the computer name instead of ip address. I'm using dhcp and the ip address may change (not to mention, its easier to remember name instead of ip).