IMEI repair

Search This thread
Hi all,

I have an I927 with a standard IMEI (0049...) after unlocking it with Z3X box.

The phone is an AT&T I927 and before unlocking I flashed the rogers kernel and then rooted it (as per http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1378082) all this worked fine.

I have a back-up of nv_data.bin before unlocking and I have tried placing it back but this phone has some sort of weird extra checks which doesn't seem to exists in other android phones such as I9100 and the IMEI stays broken.

Anybody out there with the same problem and some ideas on about how to repair it?

I'm currently living in Peru and I was using the phone with Claro and it worked for like 2 months but since a few days it seems they blocked the IMEI (can't logon onto the network anymore, and sim works fine in other phone).

Also I've been searching for original AT&T kernel to put that back and then try to put nv_data.bin back to see if that makes any difference (shouldn't but I'm kinda desperate here)

thanks

sam.assad

Jun 11, 2011
i have the same problem but my phone still on ....im reading ur post it seems like u have root problem (might be mistaken) try to update super user and ur busy box ..by the way what rom u r using.
after u update everything try to put the files u backed up back ,reboot , ...feed back please

Last edited: