[ROM][DEV] CyanogenMod 10.1

Search This thread

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
OhaiiiiiiiiiiMark.png

General Info:
CyanogenMod is a free and open source Android distribution that currently supports the Nexus 10.
Detailed information can be found at our wiki

This thread is intended for development and issue discussion. Please use this existing thread courtesy of shimp208 in the general section for general discussions.

Nexus 10 Specific Info:
Nexus 10 specific install instructions, links to source, and other information can be found on the Nexus 10 CyanogenMod wiki page here.​

Who to follow:
To keep up with the latest in development checkout:
CyanogenMod Google+ Community
CyanogenMod Google+
You can follow me on twitter @Dalingrin

What to Install:
CyanogenMod has several release types: Stable, M series, and Nightlies.
End users are encouraged to installed either the Stable releases or the M series.
Stable releases are not regularly released and are on a "when it is done" basis. The M series are released roughly monthly and are generally stable enough for a daily driver, particularly for Nexus devices.

Nightly builds are part of our automated build system intended to help developers test their code. At any given time there *will* be bugs in the nightly builds. New code is first submitted for peer review at the CyanogenMod gerrit. Because CyanogenMod supports a wide variety of devices, only so many issues can be efficiently caught in the review stage. Once the code is accepted it is then tested on a wider scale in the nightly builds. Since the nightly builds contain such new code, they are not intended for end users.

The official builds for all release types can be found at http://get.cm with the Nexus 10 specific builds found here. Note the type disignations on get.cm are "Snapshot" for M series and "Nightly" for...well, nightlies.​

Reporting Bugs:
Bugs for M series releases should be reported using the CyanogenMod Jira Tracker
Bugs only found in the nightly builds should not be reported in Jira and can be discussed here. In particular, it would be best to keep mostly bug discussion specific to the Nexus 10 in this thread.​

Neonfire

Apr 8, 2011
How does this run compared to other ROMs? Is anyone running this as a daily driver?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Hereisphilly

Dec 26, 2009
Gainsborough, UK
How does this run compared to other ROMs? Is anyone running this as a daily driver?

ROM runs superb, no major issues whatsoever even on the nightlies! Has been like that from basically the start

However this thread is primarily for dev talk and bugfixes, discussion can take place in the discussion thread on general

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Hereisphilly

Dec 26, 2009
Gainsborough, UK
It's supposed to be like that.

I don't think that's correct, when the very first nightly came out, and for a while after, just before M1 came out, the spacing was exactly as per stock (evenly spaced out).

Since then it had been compressed and I remember it being mentioned as a bug briefly in the discussion thread

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

iamikon

May 17, 2012
On the last few nightlies Bluetooth doesn't turn on

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

dalingrin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 6, 2007
I don't think that's correct, when the very first nightly came out, and for a while after, just before M1 came out, the spacing was exactly as per stock (evenly spaced out).

Since then it had been compressed and I remember it being mentioned as a bug briefly in the discussion thread

You're right, the padding is not correct in the dock/hotseat for the Nexus 10. Thanks for the bug report. Its exactly what's needed.
I can't take a look at this for at least another week because I'm going to be out of the country. Hopefully with your bug report the issue will get more visibility and nebkat, the primary Trebuchet developer, will take a look at it.

sidthegreatest

Jun 7, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I had posted about the dock issue in the CM10.1 thread around the time M2 came out, but got no replies. So, I assumed it meant to be that way.. Glad it was brought here and hopefully it leads to a fix.

j0hnnie

Mar 11, 2011
Hey guys,

my cursor/text selection does strange things while typing, at least on stock browser. I'm using the stock keyboard. Steps to reproduce (stock browser):
- type into a multirow text field (around 2 rows, 6 words)
- select a word with longpress somewhere in the text
- type in a letter or press backspace

Result: Random text gets overwritten/deleted.
It's realy annoying, cuz its unpossible to edit text anymore with selecting. U guys can reproduce it too?

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Hey guys,

my cursor/text selection does strange things while typing, at least on stock browser. I'm using the stock keyboard. Steps to reproduce (stock browser):
- type into a multirow text field (around 2 rows, 6 words)
- select a word with longpress somewhere in the text
- type in a letter or press backspace

Result: Random text gets overwritten/deleted.
It's realy annoying, cuz its unpossible to edit text anymore with selecting. U guys can reproduce it too?

I've seen this issue on all roms running chrome on the Google search bar. If you hit back it will randomly delete stuff and just all sorts of jacked up. I think its more of a Google issue. Have you tried switching on or off the volume button for moving the cursor, it may have an impact either way

j0hnnie

Mar 11, 2011
I've seen this issue on all roms running chrome on the Google search bar. If you hit back it will randomly delete stuff and just all sorts of jacked up. I think its more of a Google issue. Have you tried switching on or off the volume button for moving the cursor, it may have an impact either way

Hi. Yeah i switched it off but still the same issue.But thanks anyway. And for u is it chrome only, or can u also reproduce the error on stock browser like described above.

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ
Hi, im not sure if this is the place to ask this, so if it isnt im sorry and would be grateful for someone to point me to the right place, but im having a big issue with flashing cm 10.1 to my n10 (and n7). I flash the latest update and the latest gapps, but when i log into my google account all i get is errors from the play store from it trying to reinstall all of my apps. It gives me the 920 error and i cant even go into each one and install them manually. ive flashed it and gapps multiple times and im going crazy because it just keeps happening. Thanks for any help.

j0hnnie

Mar 11, 2011
Hi, im not sure if this is the place to ask this, so if it isnt im sorry and would be grateful for someone to point me to the right place, but im having a big issue with flashing cm 10.1 to my n10 (and n7). I flash the latest update and the latest gapps, but when i log into my google account all i get is errors from the play store from it trying to reinstall all of my apps. It gives me the 920 error and i cant even go into each one and install them manually. ive flashed it and gapps multiple times and im going crazy because it just keeps happening. Thanks for any help.

Hi. The right order is:
(- wipe/format system)
- flash CM zip
- flash gapps (u should use 20130301)
(- flash custom kernel)
- wipe data (factory reset), wipe cache and dalvik cache

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ
Hi. The right order is:
(- wipe/format system)
- flash CM zip
(- flash custom kernel)

Thanks. I tried it one more time and decided to skip the auto restore option and install everything manually. Everything's installing fine now, but its really tedious. But tedious is better than not working at all.

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Hi. The right order is:
(- wipe/format system)
- flash CM zip
(- flash custom kernel)

Isn't that redundant? All you need to do is:
Wipe System
Wipe Data
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe Cache
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Flash Kernel

-Reboot

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
Isn't that redundant? All you need to do is:
Wipe System
Wipe Data
Wipe Dalvik
Wipe Cache
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Flash Kernel

-Reboot

FYI - It's not necessary to do individual wipes. Factory reset includes a data and cache wipe (incl dalvik). Flashing a ROM implicitly wipes system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xc8118

Jan 13, 2011
this may be a dumb question - but I'm unable to get my instant upload photos to show up in my gallery. This is useful to me because I use it to sync photos across multiple devices. I read something about this being a result of the CM camera enhancements not working w/ sync. Any clarification on this?

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ
I'm on the march 31st nightly and I've been trying to flash to the April 1st one but it's not working. I tried it with the built in updater and cyandelta and it doesn't update. In recovery it says that the file update was successful but then when it boots it's still on the original one. I'm waiting for the next one to see if still happens but has anyone else had this problem? It worked on my n7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OhaiiiiiiiiiiMark.png

General Info:
    CyanogenMod is a free and open source Android distribution that currently supports the Nexus 10.
    Detailed information can be found at our wiki

This thread is intended for development and issue discussion. Please use this existing thread courtesy of shimp208 in the general section for general discussions.

Nexus 10 Specific Info:
    Nexus 10 specific install instructions, links to source, and other information can be found on the Nexus 10 CyanogenMod wiki page here.​

Who to follow:
    To keep up with the latest in development checkout:
    CyanogenMod Google+ Community
    CyanogenMod Google+
    You can follow me on twitter @Dalingrin

What to Install:
    CyanogenMod has several release types: Stable, M series, and Nightlies.
    End users are encouraged to installed either the Stable releases or the M series.
    Stable releases are not regularly released and are on a "when it is done" basis. The M series are released roughly monthly and are generally stable enough for a daily driver, particularly for Nexus devices.

Nightly builds are part of our automated build system intended to help developers test their code. At any given time there *will* be bugs in the nightly builds. New code is first submitted for peer review at the CyanogenMod gerrit. Because CyanogenMod supports a wide variety of devices, only so many issues can be efficiently caught in the review stage. Once the code is accepted it is then tested on a wider scale in the nightly builds. Since the nightly builds contain such new code, they are not intended for end users.

The official builds for all release types can be found at http://get.cm with the Nexus 10 specific builds found here. Note the type disignations on get.cm are "Snapshot" for M series and "Nightly" for...well, nightlies.​

Reporting Bugs:
    Bugs for M series releases should be reported using the CyanogenMod Jira Tracker
    Bugs only found in the nightly builds should not be reported in Jira and can be discussed here. In particular, it would be best to keep mostly bug discussion specific to the Nexus 10 in this thread.​
    Hey dude. Thanks for making these. Question... Do you by chance have revert back to normal UI zip for 4.3?

I attached one. But you lost the UI too if you reflash the nightly.

Thanks for your MOD but when I install your MOD on the last Nightly 16-08, I lost all button and bar.

I made a newer one from latest nightly. Both MODs are working.
    Maybe "dalingrin" can rename the OP to CM10.2. Btw. i attached the TabUI MOD.
    070413 Nightly - STAY AWAY!

Just warning everyone, 070413 Nightly is bad. It results in a SystemUI crash loop. 070313 is fine and hopefully 070513 will be fixed.

Scott
    If someone are interesting on old TabletUI, i made a flashable zip. Its attached. The attached screenshot shows the new/old look of android 4.1.X. But remember, you have to flash the MOD after every Nightly again.