|03 Dec 10|WM6.1|Monfro ROM|Sense 2.5.2019|noCHT|CHT1.8.5|CHT2.0|Fast|130mb free Ram|

Search This thread

byronm

Feb 7, 2007
hello Monfro, as suggested by a member here i would like to apoligize for sounding a like a rude prick about your rom, he also suggested that i report bugs and check my rilphone with radio to make sure they match.

here is a list of things i found wrong with the rom and this i tested on both versions.

vmail number doesn't get setup, can't check vmail
sms is not threaded by default, when threading is turned on, nothing happens when you attempt to open the sms.
opera 10 doesn't load any pages
internet explorer is very slow as if you are using G connection
Rhodium dialer doesn't slide when there is an incoming call

have a great day

LazPL

hello Monfro, as suggested by a member here i would like to apoligize for sounding a like a rude prick about your rom, he also suggested that i report bugs and check my rilphone with radio to make sure they match.

here is a list of things i found wrong with the rom and this i tested on both versions.

vmail number doesn't get setup, can't check vmail
sms is not threaded by default, when threading is turned on, nothing happens when you attempt to open the sms.
opera 10 doesn't load any pages
internet explorer is very slow as if you are using G connection
Rhodium dialer doesn't slide when there is an incoming call

have a great day

Well done Byronm! See, now everybody can get along! :)
By the way, did you perform a task 29 before you flashed? Some of your errors seem very weird, and that can often be the cause, especially if you seem to be the only one experiencing them...

byronm

Feb 7, 2007
hello,

no i haven't tried to the task 29 thing but i usually just do a hard reset right after every flash but what is weird is that with other roms i don't experience the problems. its as if the RIL is different version then the stock the phone comes with. well, i'm sure that can be fixed but the concern i have is that the internet is super slllooowwwwwwwww for some reason and the voicemail doesn't get setup. it is ok, have a great day

rkwhyte2

Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta, IN
MS Voice Command

I'm trying to get MS Voice Command installed and so far haven't had any luck. The install seems to be going fine right up to the very end and then I get this error message "An unrecoverable error has occurred in Setup. Please reset the device and try again." Once you clear the error the install continues like nothing has gone wrong. After you restart the device you find that an icon hasn't been created to allow you to set preferences and as far as I can tell VC isn't working although it does show up in the remove programs. I have tried several different versions of VC and they all have the same problem. This is the last piece of software I need to install. Overall I am quite happy with this ROM great performance and fantastic battery life.

Kirby

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
New roms uploading!!!

Changelog 24 november 2010:
- Different ROMs for Touch Pro and Fuze
- XDA_UC now available: see post 1
- EzInput 2.1 for Touch Pro, Ezinput 1.5 for Fuze
- Rhodium Dialer with videocall for Touch Pro, Tachi Dialer for Fuze
- Fixed folder icons in File Explorer
- Changed Taskbar
- Some graphical fixes (e.g. Dialpad Icon, ...)
- Sense Left Soft Key to Camera now (you can change it with Advanced Config)

I hope that everyting has been refined with this build
Now i have to start playing with CHT2.0 final...and WM6.5 or WM6.5.X builds...

EDIT:
Today my connection is quite bad (probably because of the bad weather), so it seems like i am not able to upload all the roms i have cooked today.
Anyway i am playing with CHT2.0 in my kitchen...so expect in a few days also roms with CHT2.0!!!!

Last edited:

edgarson

Aug 25, 2010
i have this issue that sometimes especially when playing emulator games in landscape mode the landspace mode stays in the today screen, and i cant return to portrait mode
somebody can help solve this ?

Last edited:

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
i have this issue that sometimes especially when playing emulator games in landscape mode the landspace mode stays in the today screen, and i cant return to portrait mode
somebody can help solve this ?

I don't use emulators...so i don't know what can be the cause.
Opening and closing the keyboard resolves a lot of problems like this...try...

cool cant wait to try the full version out

All the roms are uploaded now!!

LazPL

Changelog 24 november 2010:
- Different ROMs for Touch Pro and Fuze
- XDA_UC now available: see post 1
- EzInput 2.1 for Touch Pro, Ezinput 1.5 for Fuze
- Rhodium Dialer with videocall for Touch Pro, Tachi Dialer for Fuze
- Fixed folder icons in File Explorer
- Changed Taskbar
- Some graphical fixes (e.g. Dialpad Icon)
- Sense Left Soft Key to Camera now (you can change it with Advanced Config)
- I hope that everyting has been refined with this build

Exiting Monfro! Will definitely test right away... Nice!

LazPL

- Tarkim's Keyboard Remapper cooked in (hard key Home mapped to Windows Start Menu)

Monfro, is Tarkim's keyboard uninstallable? Since your ROM is 6.1, there's an alternative that I really like - this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=459253

It doesn't work with 6.5, but I found it much easier to use than Tarkim's - it's very easy to create your own keymap.
I suspect it would clash with Tarkim's drivers. Tarkim's OK, but it works a little so-so...

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Monfro, is Tarkim's keyboard uninstallable? Since your ROM is 6.1, there's an alternative that I really like - this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=459253

It doesn't work with 6.5, but I found it much easier to use than Tarkim's - it's very easy to create your own keymap.
I suspect it would clash with Tarkim's drivers. Tarkim's OK, but it works a little so-so...

I will watch at your link now.
Tarkim is not uninstallable, since it is cooked in.
Anyway it replaces all the original drivers with its own, so Tarkim's drivers are the standard one now.
I think there will be no problems by installing later Mobilnaut SYM by cab...but the only sure way is to test :)

EDIT:
I have cooked CHT2.0 roms.
CHT2.0 layout is configured as CHT1.8.5: the main difference is speed!! You can explore all the new options of CHT2.0 on your own, but i wanted to give a simple layout as a base.
I have succeded to upload only one of them...so you have to wait monday for the others :)

Last edited:

carlosdayas

Jan 29, 2009
Worldcard mobile

Hello,

I was using your rom (very fast by the way) and I installed Worldcard on my phone and it doesn't work. I tried to install it on the SD and on the phone memory, but it didn't work either way. It seems installed an all, but if you click on the icon or even if you seek the exe and do it directly, it doesn't start. Let me know if there is a fix for it.

Using Fuze rom full on HTC fuze.

Thanks for your reply!

zinzar

Jan 20, 2009
Egypt
Great Rom

Hi Monfro

Thanks for you rom ,it is ok ( mean very good )
if you allow me please try to think about this:

1- in setting pages there is a lot of double icons
( I think it because the initflashfiles.dat file , you will found shortcuts in this file , and it will be duplicate when you try to change the icons with another reg file , my opinion to remove all shortcuts line from initflashfiles for the links that you want to change the icon for )

2- world card is very important try to add it .

3- I am using touch pro full rom and i found 3g dialer with little bug
( I having 2 packages I will upload it and pm the link , try it , I hope it will work without any bug )

4- think about release a version without CHT

Thank you very much , because of you I am using wm6.1 after long time , and it is very nice rom.
Regards

Last edited:

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
Hi Monfro

Thanks for you rom ,it is ok ( mean very good )
if you allow me please try to think about this:

1- in setting pages there is a lot of double icons
( I think it because the initflashfiles.dat file , you will found shortcuts in this file , and it will be duplicate when you try to change the icons with another reg file , my opinion to remove all shortcuts line from initflashfiles for the links that you want to change the icon for )

2- world card is very important try to add it .

3- I am using touch pro full rom and i found 3g dialer with little bug
( I having 2 packages I will upload it and pm the link , try it , I hope it will work without any bug )

4- think about release a version without CHT

Thank you very much , because of you I am using wm6.1 after long time , and it is very nice rom.
Regards

Thank you for the feedback.
I downloaded the Dialer packages you sent me.
I will make a test rom and see the differences.

World Card Mobile is no more a free app, but is sold:
http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Others/WorldCard-Mobile-76815.shtml
I have read here in Xda other people complaining the old cab is no more working.
If someone has a old working cab, please send me though PM.

Pool: do you prefer a plain version of Sense 2.5 (without CHT), or a Sense 2.1 release??

Now i will start uploading the other CHT2.0 roms

zinzar

Jan 20, 2009
Egypt
1-for world card
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=269754&stc=1&d=1263925050

2-what i mean when I ask for a rom without cht , it will be easy to setup CHT , and if they update the CHT or CHT editor , we can hard reset the phone and install the new version without re flash the phone , also it will be ok for the people that not using CHT or not using sense .

for sense 2.1 , I think no one using it now ,,,

3- for packages , try to use both packages together , this packages i take it from the original rom the m device came with , and it test once before , and it was ok with wm6.1 roms

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
1-for world card
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=269754&stc=1&d=1263925050

2-what i mean when I ask for a rom without cht , it will be easy to setup CHT , and if they update the CHT or CHT editor , we can hard reset the phone and install the new version without re flash the phone , also it will be ok for the people that not using CHT or not using sense .

for sense 2.1 , I think no one using it now ,,,

3- for packages , try to use both packages together , this packages i take it from the original rom the m device came with , and it test once before , and it was ok with wm6.1 roms

1- I downloaded the cab you linked. World Card Mobile is not working for me too, as reported here by other users: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=339084&page=3
I have tryed the trial from the link i have posted before: it is working!
Probably the old free version is no more working, since now the app is a commercial one.

2- i think i will

3: i have cooked a Touch Pro CHT2.0 full rom with the new dialer you linked me (i have cooked the Newest Video Telephony package). It is working well, but on my Fuze i can't test VideoCall. When i will finished to upload friday's roms i will put also this new version to test.

@all: In this rom i have cooked the new dialer from Zinzar: it is native VGA and supports videocall. Please test videocall function, since i can't with my Fuze.
- MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full CHT2.0 29nov (new dialer)

Last edited:

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
New roms without CHT

I am uploading new roms for Fuze:

- noCHT version: it has a plain Sense 2.5.2019, without any customization.
It needs THIS MOD(Bg4all) to have the custom background on all tabs. The mod is needed also if you install CHT1.6.1 or CHT1.7.1.

I will cook and upload the "noCHT version" also for the Touch Pro, but i need to know what dialer to cook: the old one, or Zinzar's (29 nov rom)?
Please let me know what you prefer.

zinzar

Jan 20, 2009
Egypt
You release with my package , why because it is native vga ,no porting or adjusting , it is HTC pure , may be it will have some bug with WM6.5

And if any user report with any bug , this mean ,there is no deferent between my packages and yours .

Any way release it my friend ,whatever the dialer you will use

Monfro

Jul 4, 2009
Mantova (Italy)
Nexus 9
Google Pixel C
You release with my package , why because it is native vga ,no porting or adjusting , it is HTC pure , may be it will have some bug with WM6.5

And if any user report with any bug , this mean ,there is no deferent between my packages and yours .

Any way release it my friend ,whatever the dialer you will use

Ok, i think i will go with your dialer.

I want to ask: does videocall works on 29nov rom?
I have used Zinzar's dialer and a new video telephony package (i want to know if this new package is working or i have to use the old one).

I will wait for a confirmation, then i will start cooking new Touch Pro roms.

EDIT:
Cooked and uploaded noCHT roms for Touch Pro.

EDIT2:
Updated Touch Pro roms CHT1.8.5 and CHT2.0 with the new dialer native VGA.
Roms with the old Rhodium dialer will remain available, so you can choose among the 2 dialers.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Monfro ROM thread !

This ROM for GSM Raphael is built using Etoy’s kitchen on WM6.1 (build 21057) and includes Sense 2.5.2019 from Oboe ported by Abrasive, with some tabs ported by Etoy from Leo 2018.

- WM 6.1.21057
    - Sense 2.5.2019
    - Rilphone 1.14.25.35 cooked in (recommended radios: 1.14.25.35, 1.14.25.05, 1.17.25.09. Otherwise install the rilphone for your own radio)
    - Change keyboard layout Touch Pro/Fuze with the cooked in switcher (ProFuze KB Settings)
    - Tarkim's Keyboard Remapper cooked in (hard key Home mapped to Windows Start Menu)
    - Manila Start Menu cooked in, accessible from soft Start Menu
    - Pagepool 20mb
    - Cookie Home Tab 1.8.5 and 2.0. CHT2.0 layout is configured as CHT1.8.5: the main difference is speed!! You can explore all the new options of CHT2.0 on your own, but i wanted to give a simple layout as a base.
    - To use XDA_UC download the zip attached here, unzip, put the folder in the SD and then run the program from there (click on XDA_UC, black/grey icon). Click here for more info
    - noCHT version: it has a plain Sense 2.5.2019, without any customization. It needs THIS MOD(Bg4all) to have the custom background on all tabs. The mod is needed also if you install CHT1.6.1 or CHT1.7.1.

Sense 2.5.2019 is really fast!!!
    Scrolling through Sense tabs is very smooth!!!
    You will have a great speed and a lot of free ram: 130 mb of free ram on startup!!

This ROM has the latest Sense Core (2019), Tabs and EXT packages available for VGA devices at the moment.
    Also Windows Mobile is the last version of WM6.1.

Included:
    Code:
    - Call History Tab
    - Kimi_sae_Ireba Messaging Mod 
    - Arcsoft MMS
    - Album 3.0 Topaz black
    - Audio Booster
    - FM Radio
    - MP3 Trimmer
    - Streaming Media
    - YouTube
    - SDK certs
    - Topaz S2 video drivers
    - Adobe PDF
    - Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
    - BSB G-conf
    - Calculator 2018vga
    - CHT Editor 1.8.5.1
    - Dotfred Task Manager
    - Dotfred Registry Editor
    - File Explorer Extension (to see preview and other functions)
    - Google Maps 4.0.0.81
    - Java Jblend
    - Tarkim's Keyboard Remapper
    - MS Facebook
    - NoData
    - Nuelight3
    - Office Mobile 2010
    - Opera 10
    - PIM backup
    - ProFuze setup
    - RSS hub 2.1.2.1117.01
    - Shake and Save
    - Teeter
    - Total Commander
    - Voice Recorder
    - Windows Live Messenger
    - Solitaire
    - Bubble Breaker
    ...and maybe some other things i forget

There is also a LITE version

Removed a lot of apps, so the rom is fully customizable with only the needed software.
    Removed from standard release:
    Code:
    FM Radio
    MP3 Trimmer
    Streaming Media
    Youtube
    Adobe PDF
    dotfred Task Manager + Registry Editor
    Google Maps
    Java Jblend
    Facebook
    NoData
    Office Mobile 2010
    Opera Mobile 10
    RSS Hub
    Shake and Save
    Total Commander
    Voice Recorder
    Windows Live Messenger
    Advanced Config
    Audio Booster

TOUCH PRO ROMS
    (with EzInput 2.1 and Rhodium Dialer for videocalls)

- MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full CHT1.8.5 24nov
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full CHT1.8.5 03dec (New Dialer)
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Lite CHT1.8.5 24nov
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Lite CHT1.8.5 03dec (New Dialer)
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full CHT2.0 26nov
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full CHT2.0 29nov (New Dialer)
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Lite CHT2.0 26nov
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Lite CHT2.0 03 dic (New Dialer)
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Full noCHT 02dec (New Dialer)
    - MonfroROM Touch Pro 6.1 Lite noCHT 02dec (New Dialer)

FUZE ROMS
    (with EzInput 1.5 and Tachi Dialer)

- MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Full CHT1.8.5 24nov
    - MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Lite CHT1.8.5 24nov
    - MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Full CHT2.0 26nov
    - MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Lite CHT2.0 26nov
    - MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Full noCHT 01dec
    - MonfroROM Fuze 6.1 Lite noCHT 01dec

Thanks to Etoy, Abrasive, Programatix, Amarullz, NRGZ28, Secc123, JVH3, Kimi_Sae_Ireba, Captain Throwback, Noonski and all the others friends from XDA and PPCgeeks!!!
    Hi, Monfro! Thanks for good ROM! But there is one little thing...
    I enabled option "Threaded SMS", which is disabled in your rom ("Messaging" part from AdvancedConfig). And when I tried to read any sms from "Messages -> All SMS/MMS"... I can't read it, because it can't be opened.
    What is it, and what can I do to fix it?
    Thanks!

Hi,
    i will look at it!!

For the moment, install the latest HTC Messaging client and use its Threaded SMS feature.
    Just install the cab and it should work.
    And then the second question. I tried to use dynamic operator name, but found, that there is no operator string in Home Tab. So, there is no balance in home tab for me =) Maybe I done something wrong, but how can I enable operator string on homescreen?

I have already the fix in my kitchen, but personally i don't like/use the operator text on the homescreen, for this reason it is removed.
    Tomorrow i will have access to my kitchen and post the manila file that corrects this issue.

EDIT
    Install the attached cab or copy the manila file in the .zip to the windows directory. Then restart Sense (or soft reset the phone).
    Dear Sir,
    Can you PLEASE make a CDMA rom... I know so many of us can use this greatness on CDMA network.

Thanks
    Maybe i will, but when i'll return from vacation, after 10 january.
    I only need to extract the oem/driver base...

hey Monfrom great job whit the romsm i realy like the app you added
    but i have a question... do you intend to cook a 23xxx version of rom?
    I don't know, since there are already a lot of great roms based on 23xxx (NRGZ, Programatix, Tael, Captain_Throwback and others), so i don't know if another one is needed.

Hey Monfro, I cant use fn + "-" or "=" key...can you help me? :(

Use the program called "ProFuze KB Settings" (it is cooked in), select your keyboard (Fuze or Touch Pro), restart the mobile and everything should be fine now.

sorry for my bad English (that is google translator)
    I was 2 days trying different ROMs with Windos mobile 6.5 and sense 2.5 + CHT. no like me,
    your ROM was exactly what I was looking for: windows mobile 6.1, sense 2.5 without CHT
    is really stable and fast, great job

I am glad you like my rom.
    Thank you.
    hey, its a really great rom.
    But I am a german user, so how can I change the keyboard-layout?

Change the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\CurLan g
    to whatever you want your layout to be. The default is CurLang=409 (hex).

English - 409 (tested - works)
    Finnish - 40b (tested - works)
    Swedish - 41d (tested - works)
    German - 407 (tested - works)
    Italian - 410 (tested - works)
    French - 40c (tested - works)

Then soft reset.

Or install this cab:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4490537&postcount=3