[GPS][Fix] Automate long term orbit data download

Search This thread

drharisis

Jul 2, 2008
This downloads the lto.dat file to the default location /data/gps/
If your gpsconfig.xml file has been modified to point to /system rather than /data, then it won't work.
You could modify the script to point to /system, but, you would also need to include code to mount /system rw before attempting to update.

I think that's what your post was about?
perhaps this is the solution...Using this script I observed that lto.dat file at etc/gps was expired...When I overwtite it manually with ltp.dat downloaded I get a very quick fix...

krweby

Oct 26, 2010
Hmmm, link just worked for me :confused:
Anyways, I killed the mediafire link & have attached to the first post...

That worked great thank you. :)

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Looks like it's working for me. Stock rooted gen2 ics with fixed kernel from gen1.

lostbrain

Dec 28, 2007
Sorry for my question but i am running stock unrooted ICS from the OTA. I do not have a custom recovery.

For this to work i just have to copy it to sd card, turn power off, start with power+ vol- and it will flash and work?

Sent from my A500 using XDA

lostbrain

Dec 28, 2007
It worked and the effect is good. Very fast lock and about 7-10 satellites.

From OTA stock ICS with stock recovery.
1. I gained root from Here
2. I flashed ICS Bootloader V4 and CWM 1.7.2 from Here
3. Flashed zip from CWM
4. Hit Thanks button waydownsouth's post

Thanks to the dev of the fix

Reactions: waydownsouth

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
civato "the g" was able to make a text command edited vers' for the flexreaper rom,

i installed through cwm recovery ...booted, tried maps without wifi,.....got a gps lock inside within 3 seconds......damn!!!! :D:D:D

big thanks to waydownsouth for the file
and a thanks to civato for the flex-edit
my tab gps is now better then my phones....rare

Last edited:
Reactions: waydownsouth

samaliset

Jun 29, 2007
Paris
Hello there,

I hope someone can help me.
I am turning around to find a solution for my gps, since I installed ics leaked it does't want to fix, non at all.
I followed several tutuo but non could fix thé prob. This what i have been told to do and followed strictly:
Wipe full: - Boot to recovery - Backup and restore - Wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition -wipe Dalvik Cache - wipe battery stats - mounts and storage - format /system - mounts and storage - format /data - mounts and storage - format /cache - Install zip from internal - reboot system now

I tried several ROMs but gps still searchning for ever.

Thanks for your help.

OKAstro

Mar 5, 2011
Edmond, OK
Unable to flash. Getting message

E:Can't copy META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary

Running Thor ICS V168.

Other Zips flash fine. What do I need to do?

Thanks

scubadoo

May 30, 2008
waydownsouth

Report - Acer Iconia A200 Tablet.

Thank you for the patch. It did not work for me as original.
After inspecting logcat I discovered it was not connecting to "h t t p://gllto.glpals.com/7day/latest/lto.dat"
As per the comments in your script I changed to "h t t p://216.34.140.138/7day/latest/lto.dat"
It now runs perfectly and is updating regularly..

THANK YOU. :good:

NZ

franrockz

Sep 19, 2009
Thank you man! I tried it in my acer a500 with ics without root and it worked instantly! This is better than those root options aviable!i use it with ndrive on argentina

Nova5

Dec 30, 2008
Hello there,

I hope someone can help me.
I am turning around to find a solution for my gps, since I installed ics leaked it does't want to fix, non at all.
I followed several tutuo but non could fix thé prob. This what i have been told to do and followed strictly:
Wipe full: - Boot to recovery - Backup and restore - Wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition -wipe Dalvik Cache - wipe battery stats - mounts and storage - format /system - mounts and storage - format /data - mounts and storage - format /cache - Install zip from internal - reboot system now

I tried several ROMs but gps still searchning for ever.

Thanks for your help.

The only thing that worked for me was stock non-leak rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been looking into slow "cold-start" gps locks & in some peoples cases, complete lack of gps.
    In testing, everything I've found so far, seems to be pointing at the lack of Broadcom's proprietary long term orbit data (lto.dat) used by the GPS Daemon on our devices...
    These chips are in the a500/a200/a100 devices (101 & 501 devices use an ericsson GPS)

For the sake of not regurgitating a whole heap of info, you can read more about the lto.dat file in plenty of places across the web.
    pacificwing recently bought this up in crypted's aGPS patch thread, some discussion on the subject starts around page 30.

The attached, recovery flashable zip will patch your system with a *workaround* to automate the download & update of lto.dat...
    It is derived from past work in CyanogenMod for the aries (& other) devices.
    It should be compatible with most ROM's, but may need adjusting if your busybox wget applet can't resolve dns. (see notes in the script)

What it does:
    Installs the script "get-gps-lto" to /system/bin
    Creates a service entry in the init.<boardname>.rc file which runs the script on a semi regular basis. (triggered by network connectivity)
    The script is tunable by a number of variables, modify as you see fit.
    Or, flash & forget... messages are sent to logcat so you can check up on it easily.

This zip has only been tested on a500, cm9, ics bootloader & cwm recovery.
    Mileage may vary on other combinations, the zip patches your boot.img so please make a nandroid backup to be safe. (only need to restore /boot if there's a problem)
    Installation problem? please let me know & provide a recovery.log so I can make adjustments to the zip if need be.

Standard disclaimers apply, flash at your own risk.
    Not a problem, you'll be sure to test it before releasing the rom I hope?
    No :D
    Well,since I've never gotten my sManager script method to work I've just been manually downloading the 30 day one every every now and then. I haven't actually been using my GPS much so I can't say how good it's been.

Is there a busybox installer on the market that you think would be better than the generic one? Or is it possible the CM one would work with Flexreaper?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

I build IT in flexreaper RF1 and the kernel of RF1. Release maybe tomorrow.
    Link isn't working. Is there a mirror?
    Hmmm, link just worked for me :confused:
    Anyways, I killed the mediafire link & have attached to the first post...
    It worked and the effect is good. Very fast lock and about 7-10 satellites.

From OTA stock ICS with stock recovery.
    1. I gained root from Here
    2. I flashed ICS Bootloader V4 and CWM 1.7.2 from Here
    3. Flashed zip from CWM
    4. Hit Thanks button waydownsouth's post

Thanks to the dev of the fix