[ROM] AICP - 6.0 - KK 4.4.4_r2 [D800/801/802/803/LS/VS980]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Drgravy

Mar 22, 2012
Verizon/US
LG G2 VS980
I can make and receive calls sms/mms. Just can't access my vm.

now that is very strange, VS apn's should be good
maybe another vs980 user could verify?
maybe a reflash is in order or even a simple reboot, if that doesn't help get me a full set of logs with syslog app (found on playstore)

drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
now that is very strange, VS apn's should be good
maybe another vs980 user could verify?
maybe a reflash is in order or even a simple reboot, if that doesn't help get me a full set of logs with syslog app (found on playstore)

Was one step ahead of you... did a clean install of the latest nightly and still no APN's listed. I can try the syslog app. Do I just run a log for a while?

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
VS980 here. Can send/receive SMS/MMS in both stock messaging app and hangouts, MMS doesnt work in QKSMS but we'll blame the app for that. Voicemail works fine.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
The VS980 doesn't show any APNs in the settings, this is normal with a Verizon SIM in most AOSP and CM-based ROMs.

Been on every nightly of AICP for a while, including the latest 6.0 release, every service works fine on mobile data or WiFi, even with no APN showing in mobile networks.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
@Drgravy @Snuzzo

I've always had great battery on this ROM. I posted a while back an idea of my battery life for people because they were asking about it,( idea because the battery was lasting too damn long)

And I was at 17 hours off charge, with eight of those hours having **** signal because of work, 4 hours screen on time, with 45% battery left.

WiFi and data at all times, only synching email.
Tons of texts/WhatsApp/XDA app.

But yeah, I never took the 4.4 ota, I went from 12b to 24a via xdabbeb's method, so there might be something to that.

Sent from my Vs980 running Aicp 6.0

Reactions: jhr5474 and Snuzzo

ThatKidDrew

Jan 6, 2013
Southern California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not sure if that's the case, but interesting thought. I also never updated ota, got on 24A via his method and have "bad" battery life. Although on the recent nightlies and on the 6.0 release I've been getting over 3.5 hours of SOT which is more than the usual 3

VS980 running AICP 4.4.4

Dork6243

Sep 26, 2009
Southeastern US
Google Pixel 5a
The VS980 doesn't show any APNs in the settings, this is normal with a Verizon SIM in most AOSP and CM-based ROMs.

Been on every nightly of AICP for a while, including the latest 6.0 release, every service works fine on mobile data or WiFi, even with no APN showing in mobile networks.

6.0 clean flash

1410438748654.jpg

Sent from my LG-VS980

acejavelin

6.0 clean flash

View attachment 2933029

Sent from my LG-VS980
Are you using Verizon? Because you are on 3G and none of the APN's appear to be active (none are ticked, although might not be necessary).

I don't recall seeing the VZW APN's for some time, although with everything working I rarely go to that settings option.

Dang it, I should probably clean flash anyway just to make sure... will probably have to wait til this weekend, this week is kinda hectic, and if I'm gonna clean flash, might as well do it the long way and reinstall everything and setup manually so I don't import something that's causing an issue.

drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So what does happen when you hold the 1 key down on your dialer to access voice mail? How did you get to it before?

Long pressing "1" or dialing *86 used to get me to the "please enter your..." without any rings... now either of those will get me a few rings and a message of "The google voice subscriber cannot be reached at the tone..." and I can't press pound or star to gain access to my VMs.

I am tempted to go back to Stock and see how it works there.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Long pressing "1" or dialing *86 used to get me to the "please enter your..." without any rings... now either of those will get me a few rings and a message of "The google voice subscriber cannot be reached at the tone..." and I can't press pound or star to gain access to my VMs.

I am tempted to go back to Stock and see how it works there.

Do you have the Google Voice app installed? Maybe you need to unsubscribe or reset your voicemail to go through your carrier again, then set it back up and re-associate it with Google Voice...just guessing here. But it's something to try. Sounds like your voicemail and Google Voice are no longer communicating as they should.

drtchocky

Jul 21, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Do you have the Google Voice app installed? Maybe you need to unsubscribe or reset your voicemail to go through your carrier again, then set it back up and re-associate it with Google Voice...just guessing here. But it's something to try. Sounds like your voicemail and Google Voice are no longer communicating as they should.

No Google Voice.... is it risky to go to the Google Voice webpage and delete my account? I never use/d it.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
No Google Voice.... is it risky to go to the Google Voice webpage and delete my account? I never use/d it.
Don't get me lying, but I think Google Voice is something that runs in addition to your normal carrier VM, as in side by side. So if you delete from Google Voice I don't think it deletes from your carrier voice mail, but someone else can hopefully verify that for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

GhQyhHk.png
    AICP​
    Android Ice Cold Project​

In the beginning I would like to thank:
    • AOKP team
    • CM team
    • maxwen
    • SlimBean rom team
    • ParanoidAndroid team
    • CarbonRom team
    • LiquidSmooth rom team
    • Omni rom team
    • Community
    • @dr87 (for sharing his 4.4.2 sources Thanks)

AICP m7 dev team:

DONATIONS:

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION is going there.
    Thank you!!

What is AICP?
    AICP is known by someone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since than evolved as a mature rom with the BEST community you can find!!!
    Rom has always been AOKP based so expect all AOKP goodies + new additions.
    If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or AOKP team if it conserns their modifications. This rom isn't AOKP supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

You must be on a pure (not modded) 4.4.2 modem
    no need for a JDI specific kernel anymore all the magic happens during the flash of the rom

LATEST RELEASE + CHANGELOG (INCLUDED IN DL LINK)
    Download: D800 D801 D802 D803 LS980 VS980

LATEST NIGHTLY BUILD + CHANGELOG (INCLUDED IN DL LINK)
    Download: D800 D801 D802 D803 LS980 VS980

GAPPS You need to find them on your own

What's New:

• PIE (Thanks PA)
    • Identicons
    • HeadsUp: support in floating window, timeout options
    • Configurable InCallUI
    • Add Weather info to notification drawer with options
    • Searchable Settings
    • Swipe to float for notifications and recents
    • Contacts Speed Dial support, other patches
    • MMS: custom notification vibrations
    • MMS: per conversation settings/ringtones
    • Privacy Guard from SlimRoms (Thanks)
    • Configurable Proximity check
    • DocumentsUI patches
    • ActivityManager patches
    • F_AV patches
    • MIUI style carrier text in statusbar
    • AICP stats
    • Dialer fixes
    • Notification spam filters
    • User defined wifi/tether networks
    • Heads Up: always in expanded mode, hide on lockscreen
    • CM11 Themes patches
    • SlimRecents background colors and transparancy
    • SlimRecents card/text color
    • Dialer: CallRecording
    • Incoming call contact details
    • OverScroll effects
    • 6bar signal icon style
    • Quick Camera (Longpress power key to open reboot dialog then longpress power key again
      to open the camera)
    • Volume panel background color and transparancy
    • APN updates
    • Brightness slider in notification drawer
    • WiFi to Power menu
    • SlimFileExplorer added (Thanks to Slim)
    • SoundRecorder added (Thanks to CM)
    • PhotoPhase added (Thanks to CM)
    • Mounting options under Storage options
    • Move2SD support
    • DSP Manager: Add loudness enhancer, few other patches
    • Add reverse lookup provider "Das Telefonbuch" (DE).
    • Enable SD card format
    • MonthCalendarWidget (Thanks to OmniROM)
    • Telephony patches
    • Fix app removal FC's.
    • Disable camera shutter sound
    • QuiteHours reworked and fixed, new options added
    • AppCircle Sidebar: Add configurable trigger region
    • Vibration options: Duration and multiplier
    • NavBar: transparency support, cursor keys
    • ...and much more... :D
    • Detailed Changelog will be by the download link..

Actual version: AICP 6.0 - 09-09-2014
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

What's New

• SEE CHANGELOG IN DL LINK

Feature list:
    • AOKP features
    • TRDS Dark switch
    • Halo
    • OmniSwitch
    • Profiles
    • Lockscsreen Notifications
    • Active Display
    • Wakelock blocker
    • System app Remover
    • Animations
    • Lockecreen color theming
    • Lockscreen blur, gestures etc...
    • etc...

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

What's Broken:

ROMS
    ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy JB. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
    You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
    • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

kernel git
    rom gerrit
    TWRP Builds

I thought I would share with everyone using AICP my TWRP builds:)

this is version 2.8.0.0
    credit for twrp goes to @Dees_Troy
    also some credit to @dr87 for his automatic panel detection and sharing his sources
    I would also like to Thank @Snuzzo for his contributions to our kernel

This has the same thermal protection as AICP, so this recovery should run nice and cool
    also included DT2W
    This uses the same kernel as AICP

these TWRP builds are for the d800. d801, d802, d803, ls980, vs980

Download: TWRP 2.8.0.1
    Mirror

please I would like to see one report for each device lets try not and flood this thread with TWRP stuff
    no more kitkat builds will be released so nightlies have stopped
    we are working on lollipop now we are basically starting from scratch so please be patient
    I've seen people mention a 12-4 version but I'm wondering where people are following @Drgravy's builds? I see nothing recent here or on google+, though I'm not so good at figuring out the latter.

VZW LG G2

new round of lollipop builds
    https://plus.google.com/104157733403056482149/posts/SNztWQ3skfe