FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,442

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th February 2016, 03:00 PM |#10001  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 687

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Shuuyo

When the SuperSU v2.65 will be available to download in play store? The version 2.46 still there

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=65113356

Sent from my SM-N910V / VZW Note 4 DE / Factory Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted / Custom Kernel-ed/ TWRP 3.0.0-0.trltevzw
The Following User Says Thank You to manbat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manbat Ad-Free

14th February 2016, 08:21 PM |#10002  
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 312

More
@Chainfire I have rooted my phone i.e. motorola MotoG 2014 running marshmallow using supersu 2.52 beta. For rooting I had to use a modified kernel/boot.img to achieve successful rooting process. Now I got to know that 2.65 is a stable version. Can I flash 2.65 flashable zip over supersu 2.52? Is supersu 2.65 is still modified boot.img dependent for marshmallow or can be flashed over stock unmodified kernal/boot.IMG? I need a expert advise.
15th February 2016, 06:26 AM |#10003  
Flag Winnipeg,Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravrai

@Chainfire I have rooted my phone i.e. motorola MotoG 2014 running marshmallow using supersu 2.52 beta. For rooting I had to use a modified kernel/boot.img to achieve successful rooting process. Now I got to know that 2.65 is a stable version. Can I flash 2.65 flashable zip over supersu 2.52? Is supersu 2.65 is still modified boot.img dependent for marshmallow or can be flashed over stock unmodified kernal/boot.IMG? I need a expert advise.

Firstly uninstall the supersu fron the supssuapp settings then flash the lastest stable supesu 2.65 in recovery..thatz it,also makesure that u should take nandroid backup first so that if anything happens wrong then u willnot loose your data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aakash Kaushal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aakash Kaushal Ad-Free
15th February 2016, 07:07 AM |#10004  
Thanks Meter: 2,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash Kaushal

Firstly uninstall the supersu fron the supssuapp settings then flash the lastest stable supesu 2.65 in recovery..thatz it,also makesure that u should take nandroid backup first so that if anything happens wrong then u willnot loose your data.

And Andi, since everything needs to be repeated, don't let TWRP install Superuser.

Sent from: SGS5 - LP 5.1.1 / SGS4 - LP 5.0.1
The Following User Says Thank You to egingell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift egingell Ad-Free
16th February 2016, 04:59 AM |#10005  
Flag Lucknow

More
Quote:

Quote:

My one query still remain unanswered..whether it is required modified boot.img or stock img.
16th February 2016, 06:14 AM |#10006  
Flag Winnipeg,Manitoba

More
Quote:

My one query still remain unanswered..whether it is required modified boot.img or stock img.

I don't think it requires any boot.img bcz ur phone is already rooted and you are just updating the supersu by uninsatlling the previous one..just give it a shot, it will work:thumbup:
16th February 2016, 06:25 AM |#10007  
Flag Lucknow

More
Quote:

I don't think it requires any boot.img bcz ur phone is already rooted and you are just updating the supersu by uninsatlling the previous one..just give it a shot, it will work:thumbup:

This is not the case. Yes previously I have rooted my device with supersu 2.52 beta using modified boot.img but when I heard about this stable 2.65 supersu I restore back stock boot and when I rooting device with stock boot.img by flashing 2.65, it goes into bootloop. I have seen root tutorials of other Moto devices like moto x pure, play or style, they all didn't use modified boot.img but I dnt know why it is different in motoG 2014 running android 6.0.
16th February 2016, 06:32 AM |#10008  
Flag Winnipeg,Manitoba

More
Quote:

This is not the case. Yes previously I have rooted my device with supersu 2.52 beta using modified boot.img but when I heard about this stable 2.65 supersu I restore back stock boot and when I rooting device with stock boot.img by flashing 2.65, it goes into bootloop. I have seen root tutorials of other Moto devices like moto x pure, play or style, they all didn't use modified boot.img but I dnt know why it is different in motoG 2014 running android 6.0.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63615067
In case of bootloop firslty try to uninstall the supersu from the uninstaller (from the given link) and then try to flash the supersu again...
16th February 2016, 07:59 AM |#10009  
Flag Lucknow

More
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=63615067
In case of bootloop firslty try to uninstall the supersu from the uninstaller (from the given link) and then try to flash the supersu again...

Man i simply want to know if rooting of motog 2014 running marshmallow with supersu 2.65 is possible with stock boot.img because i didn't see anywhere the requirement of modified boot.img as was with previous versions..?
I also want to confirm that I get bootloop when tried rooting with 2.65 version on stock boot.img. In my case rooting with 2.65 is only successful if I use a modified boot. I think bootloop Im getting with stock boot is a bug. I hope @Chainfire will looking into this matter to solve my confusion.
16th February 2016, 09:50 AM |#10010  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quick question; how do I get the supersu app available so I can run it and access it? I installed it via TWRP and also the pro unlock on the play store, but I can only access it by going to phone settings -> scrolling all the way down, whereas I used to be able to have an app icon for it that I could launch, how do I get that back? Probably something basic but any help appreciated

Thanks in advance.
16th February 2016, 10:57 AM |#10011  
Flag Hatillo
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Did you try going to market and downloading the supersu app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread