FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,128 posts
Thanks Meter: 84,929

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
4th September 2016, 08:05 PM |#11511  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange96

supolicy is taking up over forty percent of my phone's CPU quite often, but not always. I discovered this a while ago by running

Code:
top -m 10 -n 1 -d 1
trying to optimize my phone. The problem is I have not been able to figure out why supolicy is taking up that much processing or what I can do about it.

Info on my phone:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435 (Verizon)
Android 4.4 Kit-Kat (Touchwiz)
Rooted with Kingoroot
SuperSU version is 2.78

This happened on whatever previous version of SuperSU I was running too. If anyone has any ideas what's going on or how I can figure out what's going on, (any logs I should be looking at?) I'd be very grateful. This phone gets really slow and unstable sometimes and the battery life is pretty poor, and I'd like to get it running smoothly and efficiently. Having 40% of the CPU used as often as it is is not ideal at all. Thanks!

supolicy is not supposed to be running more than a few seconds at a time, and only very sporadically - for most users that means once at boot, and that's it.

Try figuring out what the parent processes for supolicy are, perhaps an app is running it repeatedly? Or does it remain the same PID the whole time?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th September 2016, 08:45 PM |#11512  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

supolicy is not supposed to be running more than a few seconds at a time, and only very sporadically - for most users that means once at boot, and that's it.

Try figuring out what the parent processes for supolicy are, perhaps an app is running it repeatedly? Or does it remain the same PID the whole time?

I just checked, and it does seem to be restarting the process, because the PID changes. According to GSAM it's part of "Kernel (Android OS)" although I'm not totally sure if that's what you're looking for. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to AgentOrange96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AgentOrange96 Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 09:25 PM |#11513  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Find it here. YOU have to turn off auto update on YOUR phone, that is not controlled by the app or developer.

Find the zip here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11459

Thank God!

Gesendet von meinem ONE E1003
The Following User Says Thank You to tet-bundy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tet-bundy Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 10:05 PM |#11514  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can't get SuperSU zip to install
That's exactly the method I used to get TWRP on my G3. Unfortunately getting SuperSU to work after that remains the problem...

4th September 2016, 10:31 PM |#11515  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 4,740

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmd

That's exactly the method I used to get TWRP on my G3. Unfortunately getting SuperSU to work after that remains the problem...

This is from the Beta thread, if you check, your boot image probably uses some other compression.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3879

Are you flashing this from the thread linked above?

Code:
LG-D85130D-Flashable.Boot-AUTOREPACK.zip
This is a repacked boot.img to work properly when flashing SuperSu in TWRP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
4th September 2016, 10:51 PM |#11516  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Please note that the STABLE release thread has moved here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...lease-t3452703

Please continue over there.
The Following 78 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread