FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,126

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 10:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th March 2012, 06:07 PM |#21  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut

Great app, thank very much. Gone pro happily

Just a quick report. All is well other than having removed Superuser (and rebooted), I checked all my rooted apps for functionality and they were all fine except one. When I checked I was still able to adjust autostart permissions using Gemini App Manager, I was informed that 'Superuser' had to be installed for the app to work. I reinstalled Superuser (in addition to SuperSU) and the problem went away.

Thanks again!

Quite probably Gemini App Manager checks for the Superuser package name (weird) instead of if the su command is available.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th March 2012, 06:08 PM |#22  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

Thank you sir for this! I will probably be buying the pro version but I know this is just the initial release of this app. It would be nice to get a workaround for video's. I tried ghost mode on superuser and it still wouldn't let me play movies. They have it locked down lol.

Yeah it would be nice, but as long as I'm in an area where movies aren't available at all, it's unlikely to happen.

To be honest, Google should be punished for this behavior. They are treating you like a criminal just because you have root.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 06:09 PM |#23  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 984

More
I rented inglorious basterd yesterday and the voodoo root keeper free on the market worked... Havent had the chance to try it again...

Sent from my PG06100
The Following User Says Thank You to drob311 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drob311 Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 06:21 PM |#24  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob311

I rented inglorious basterd yesterday and the voodoo root keeper free on the market worked... Havent had the chance to try it again...

Sent from my PG06100

Thanks for the tip drob I'll try that out
9th March 2012, 06:36 PM |#25  
Flag 1:1.61803
Thanks Meter: 377

Donate to Me
More
Awesome Work Man! Thank you for everything you have "allowed" me to do with your work! I appreciate it!!!
9th March 2012, 06:41 PM |#26  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 66

More
thanks for developing this app. could someone point out the correct way to replace my current SU? i'm still classified as a noob, and i really don't want to accidentally screw up. so flash SuperSU, then uninstall the original SU? or the other way around?
9th March 2012, 07:09 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
So I installed it to see what it was all about, preferring SuperUser I've uninstalled SuperSU. However I can no longer gain root access using SuperUser, I've yet to try installing SuperSU again, was this to be expected?
9th March 2012, 07:11 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number R09

thanks for developing this app. could someone point out the correct way to replace my current SU? i'm still classified as a noob, and i really don't want to accidentally screw up. so flash SuperSU, then uninstall the original SU? or the other way around?

First install SuperSU, then uninstall Superuser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavere

So I installed it to see what it was all about, preferring SuperUser I've uninstalled SuperSU. However I can no longer gain root access using SuperUser, I've yet to try installing SuperSU again, was this to be expected?

Yeah try reinstalling SuperSU. Then start Superuser, go to preferences, and let Superuser update it's binary. Then uninstall SuperSU.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 07:13 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Yeah try reinstalling SuperSU. Then start Superuser, go to preferences, and let Superuser update it's binary. Then uninstall SuperSU.

The thought just hit me, thanks Chainfire.
9th March 2012, 07:19 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Did I do something wrong? This really scrwed up my AT&T SGS2.
Installed SuperSU from the Play Store. It is the current version. I am rooted and running stock GB on my AT&T SGS2. Now TB Pro is stuck on "Asking for root rights". Also, Root Checker stopped working. I uninstalled SuperSU and everything is still screwed up. Was this app not released for my phone and rom?
9th March 2012, 07:21 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by retnuh

Installed SuperSU from the Play Store. It is the current version. I am rooted and running stock GB on my AT&T SGS2. Now TB Pro is stuck on "Asking for root rights". Also, Root Checker stopped working. I uninstalled SuperSU and everything is still screwed up. Was this app not released for my phone and rom?

Look up a couple of posts, you need to reinstall SuperSU and update the binary's from your old SU app.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread