1,322 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,852

Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2012, 03:23 PM |#7161  
Thanks Meter: 3,002

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krkdesigns

04.09 rom so far the best. Everything works fine except for the stock browser. Browser always says not responsive, and will have to close the browser again. I had this problem in all the builds n also in paranoid Android 2.0 as well. I always do a clean install before and after flashing the rom. data n cache wipe doesn't help, also checked hwa in both ways. red lens defy mb525 build. Any help please.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

I use stock browser only on my defy+.. you mean it doesn't work properly on 09-04 build? if yes, I will wait for a fix before flashing it.. someone else can confirm?

also, I see last build is just experimental.. when you think it will be "stable"? is quarx back to work?
(it is not that I'm just lazy.. but understand me guys, I ALWAYS do a clean install when flashing new builds WITHOUT using any backup, just app2zip to recover my apps.. that means I have always to adjust all settings again, recover apps etc and that's not so fast.. not so clever I know but I like clean things.. and if I flash this experimental build and in a few hours or tomorrow we get a new build.. I will kill myself..!! :P)

byeeeeee
5th September 2012, 03:52 PM |#7162  
Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 20,662

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moly82

(it is not that I'm just lazy.. but understand me guys, I ALWAYS do a clean install when flashing new builds WITHOUT using any backup, just app2zip to recover my apps.. that means I have always to adjust all settings again, recover apps etc and that's not so fast.. not so clever I know but I like clean things.. and if I flash this experimental build and in a few hours or tomorrow we get a new build.. I will kill myself..!! :P)

+1 for that, but it's also true for non-experimental builds !

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppero196

Yeah..fresh install is recommended from time to time!

I have to trust someone as I said before, but there is so many different points of view.... Finally, we don't know when... so "time to time" is a bit obscure... By the way, without clear aswer (if only it's possible to have one), I think I have to do clean install once every five builds, or ten.... I have to thnink about it. I think it's quite important to have a good test quality.

One more thing, if someone think I'm off topic or if I'm spamming, you should have to tell me
5th September 2012, 04:09 PM |#7163  
Flag Eastbourne
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @fpriot

+1 for that, but it's also true for non-experimental builds !

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

I have to trust someone as I said before, but there is so many different points of view.... Finally, we don't know when... so "time to time" is a bit obscure... By the way, without clear aswer (if only it's possible to have one), I think I have to do clean install once every five builds, or ten.... I have to thnink about it. I think it's quite important to have a good test quality.

One more thing, if someone think I'm off topic or if I'm spamming, you should have to tell me

in another german forum there's a member who updates even without wiping cache+dalvik and this seems to work fine for him.

i for my purpose do the wipe. if i encounter major problems i also wipe /data and recover (titanium) only apps+data and set up system stuff manually. if one app doesn't work properly i reinstall it manually also.

it's more a matter of belief i think. just make a backup, try without wiping and if sth. doesn't work out then try reinstalling and/or wiping until it works. save's lot of time i think
The Following User Says Thank You to disadjusted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift disadjusted Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 04:10 PM |#7164  
Flag Giarre
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I think that I will make a clean install as soon as the next not-experimental build will be out!

I've installed (not clean-install) 8-10 builds since my last full wipe and I'm not facing any problem, but I think that a clean install is the right thing to do now!
5th September 2012, 04:21 PM |#7165  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
compass is still not working for me.
THX FOR QUARX'S GREAT WORK!!!
5th September 2012, 04:26 PM |#7166  
Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA Labs Contributor
Thanks Meter: 20,662

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stat'o'flow

in another german forum there's a member who updates even without wiping cache+dalvik and this seems to work fine for him.

i for my purpose do the wipe. if i encounter major problems i also wipe /data and recover (titanium) only apps+data and set up system stuff manually. if one app doesn't work properly i reinstall it manually also.

it's more a matter of belief i think. just make a backup, try without wiping and if sth. doesn't work out then try reinstalling and/or wiping until it works. save's lot of time i think

Yes I also think it's the better way to flash !! We have to name that : "smart-flash" !
Thanks
5th September 2012, 04:37 PM |#7167  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnylulu

compass is still not working for me.
THX FOR QUARX'S GREAT WORK!!!

Compass seems to work fine for me after calibration. How to reproduce your problem? What's not working with your compass?

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to zyxwvut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zyxwvut Ad-Free
5th September 2012, 04:55 PM |#7168  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey, I'm currently using CM7 and want to update to this. I have a question about the kernel needed. My kernel in my phone says it is version: 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8 I'm using an MB525 and it's the lens that is the most compatible one (think it's green?)

Is this kernel okay or should I flash a different one?
5th September 2012, 04:58 PM |#7169  
Flag Lublin
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyxwvut

Compass seems to work fine for me after calibration. How to reproduce your problem? What's not working with your compass?

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

In my case it turns green after some calibration (no 'yellow' step), but never get message that calibration is done.

Works better then in last few builds, but shows north with -+ 45 degrees tolerance
5th September 2012, 05:13 PM |#7170  
Flag Ames, Iowa
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinti

In my case it turns green after some calibration (no 'yellow' step), but never get message that calibration is done.

Works better then in last few builds, but shows north with -+ 45 degrees tolerance

I don't think there's a message telling you calibration is done. I thought the compass turning green was the notification that calibration is done. I could be wrong.
5th September 2012, 05:15 PM |#7171  
Flag Up north!
Thanks Meter: 1,227

Donate to Me
More
Well when its green that means its good! Try clean install!

@PookyPooka If you have greenlense MB525 install this http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/kerne...9-4-signed.zip
First install kernel then the rom and then gapps or any other zip you think you need
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.1, cm10, cyanogen 10 for defy, defy cm10, defy rajnikant, defy+ mb526, eppy+quarkx= motorola rolled, future is here, god, jellybean, nicholas, omsk, quarx > chuck norris, quarx for world emperor, quarx gooood, quarx myth of defy!, quarx our defy deity, quarx rlz, quarx the chosen one, quarx thou...areth...god, quarxorola, singapore, take that motorola, winged doom, zee defy is the best

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)