[15.02.2012][TOOL]Boot Animation Creator-Make Android Boot Animations With Ease!

Search This thread

joeydomina

Feb 6, 2012
Black screen issues

I can't get this boot to work for the life of me. Can someone help me. It's saying its fine through both the previewer in the boot animation creator as well as the boot previewer. Any help is appreciated

Transform Ultra

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    834.3 KB · Views: 111

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Boot Animations

I can't get this boot to work for the life of me. Can someone help me. It's saying its fine through both the previewer in the boot animation creator as well as the boot previewer. Any help is appreciated

Transform Ultra

What exactly is it not doing? I changed the settings and renumbered your .png files and it runs fine in the previewers. It should run fine on your device. What are you trying to run it on? I've attached the changed animation. Is this the first time you have tried copying an animation to your device? Where are you copying it to?

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    834.2 KB · Views: 33

joeydomina

Feb 6, 2012
I am trying to run it on a Transform Ultra. I've copied ones others have made, like for instance the Superman boot animation. I am copying it to system/media. I've tried the CWM way and then also tried doing it the sd card/ root file explorer.

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Cropped Image

I am trying to run it on a Transform Ultra. I've copied ones others have made, like for instance the Superman boot animation. I am copying it to system/media. I've tried the CWM way and then also tried doing it the sd card/ root file explorer.

I think I might have figured it out. For some reason the animation previewer does not show the fact that your animation is 480x320 when it should be 180X320. Whatever you used to create the .png's left a background that the previewer does not display, but the zip player on your Ultra can't handle it. I installed your boot animation on my device and it would not play, just a black screen until android boots up. You need to crop the image down to just the actual image to remove all the extra background space. Your image will end up at 180x320 which is the proper screen perspective for your device.

I took one image and cropped it down to 180x320 and attached it. You will see how it displays differently than one of your images that has not been cropped.

Attachments

• 021.png
    021.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 77

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!

Here is one of your images attached:

See the difference? You can see the white space around it that needs to be cropped out.

Attachments

• 022.png
    022.png
    33 KB · Views: 76

joeydomina

Feb 6, 2012
right Yeah I edited all my pics down and still not working. :/ edited to what you recommended and in the same format as others that are working and then when i try to use the creator it says files are indexed...even though they are set not to be indexed... tried using photoshop as well as gimp too

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
right Yeah I edited all my pics down and still not working. :/ edited to what you recommended and in the same format as others that are working and then when i try to use the creator it says files are indexed...even though they are set not to be indexed... tried using photoshop as well as gimp too

Just set the color mode of the frames to RGB 8bit or RGB 16bit and it will work fine.

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
That's really weird. Maybe you're missing Microsoft.NET Framework 4.
By the way, don't run it in Windows XP mode, because it's intended to run in Windows 7.
EDIT: Why is the extension of the file .EXE? it should be .msi.

joeydomina

Feb 6, 2012
That's really weird. Maybe you're missing Microsoft.NET Framework 4.
By the way, don't run it in Windows XP mode, because it's intended to run in Windows 7.
EDIT: Why is the extension of the file .EXE? it should be .msi.

sorry. I thought the xp might help but I was thinking framework wasn't correct either. But yeah I'm running x64 and have had no issue... mine says .msi not .exe.. I'll leave the tech help up to the professionals

ranjan.alva

Dec 20, 2011
Mangalore
Last edited:
Reactions: despotovski01

despotovski01

Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
Update

A new version is out! :D
v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
-Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
-Bug fixes
-Performance improvements
-Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
-Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
-The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature)
-New program icon, banner and about screen

karurosuu

Feb 21, 2012
Can somebody help me with this boot animation? I've tried changing the picture format, separating into different PART folder. On the preview it looks just fine but when I set it up in my tablet it is just a black screen until android starts up

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

BTW... you're program is really amazing... Really love that preview option ... keep up the good work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROGRAM IS OBSOLETE AND WON'T BE RECEIVING UPDATES ANYMORE. FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD BOOT ANIMATION FACTORY. IT'S A NEW PROGRAM THAT HAS EVERYTHING THIS PROGRAM HAS, AND MUCH MORE. THANK YOU!
    Introduction
    I'm proud to present my program called "Boot Animation Creator"! It's a powerful tool that makes creating Android boot animations a lot easier job!

Features
    -Light on memory
    -Easy-to-use user interface
    -Makes boot animations in just three steps!
    -Auto-update functionality
    -Built-in updater
    -No limitations of any kind!
    -YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE DESC.TXT FILE AND THE COMPRESSION METHODS AT ALL!! BOOT ANIMATION CREATOR DOES THAT FOR YOU!

Requirements
    -Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    -All your frames drawn and organised into 'part' folders (the folders don't have to be called 'part')

How to use Boot Animation Creator
    1. Open Boot Animation Previewer. Read the introduction, and click 'Next'
    cap1j.png

2. Choose the folder in which your boot animation is(the parent folder of the 'part' folders) and click 'Next'
    cap2q.png

3. Click the 'Add a loop' button to add a loop. A new window will appear. Just set the properties and click 'Add'
    cap3h.png

*Optional: you can edit the width, height and speed of your animation by selecting the first property item and clicking on the 'Edit' button. A window will appear. Change the properties and click 'Set'
    cap35.png

4. Save the animation and click 'Next'
    cap4w.png

5. You're done! If you want, you can preview your boot animation by clicking the big 'Preview boot animation' button. You'll need the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use this feature.
    Finally, click Finish
    cap5g.png

Video tutorial

Download link
    Download Boot Animation Creator

Running Boot Animation Creator on Linux operating systems - thanks, kurdo_kolene!
    kurdo_kolene said:
    1.Install PlayOnLinux or PlayOnMac respectively

2.Open PlayOnWhatever and press Install

3.Choose "Install a non-listed program" & press Next on the next screen

4.Select "Install a program in a new virtual drive" & press Next

5.Type in a name for the new virtual drive e.g. BootAnimationCreator & press Next

6.Check the boxes "Configure Wine" and "Install libraries" & press Next

7.In the newly opened window go to the "Libraries" tab, type "mscoree" in the small box or choose it from the drop-down menu, then press "Add". Select it from the bottom box, press edit and set it to "Builtin(Wine)", and press "Apply"

8.Tick the box "POL/POM _ Install mono 2.10" and press Next. Wait for the download and installation to complete.

9.On the next screen, press "Browse" and select the "install_bootanimationcreator.msi" file & press Next

10.Follow the steps of the installation wizard. When the installation has completed, just press finish, without ticking the box "Launch Boot Animation Creator" (you could, but you still have to make shortcut for it later). When the "Choose a file to create a shortcut" window appears, select "Boot Animation Creator.exe", press Next, type in a name for the shortcut e.g Boot Animation Creator, press Next, after that's finished press "I don't want to make another shortcut" and press Next and you're done.
    Launch the application from your Desktop shortcut.
    I don't suggest running Boot Animation Creator on other operating system than Windows. It may not run correctly, and on some computers it may not ever run. Therefore, use it with caution (this only appeals for running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows)! If you get errors while running B.A.C. on other operating systems than Windows, and not on Windows itself, I won't provide support for them, because this program is not intended to run on other OS than Windows. Report bugs only if you're using Boot Animation Creator on Windows.

Final words
    That was about it. It was easy, wasn't it? Please post feedback and thoughts about my program, they are gladly appreciated. ;)
    Changelog

Code:
    Changelog:

v1.0.0.0 {25.08.2011}
    -Initial release

v1.0.1.0 {29.08.2011}
    -Bug fixes

v1.1.0.0 {02.11.2011}
    -No folder limitations
    -New way of entering properties
    -The program detects the size of your frames, so you don't need to write them. Optionally, you can change the size values
    -The "Get Boot Animation Previewer" button in the Main Menu becomes "Launch Boot Animation Previewer" if you have Boot Animation Previewer installed. The download process of Boot Animation Previewer has changed as well
    -No need of Administrator privileges
    -New way of updating
    -New Updater
    -Higher-quality icon

v1.2.0.0 {04.01.2012}
    -Integrated with D01 Software Manager (the ugly old updater is gone)
    -Fixes (corrected the typo in the about box)

v1.2.1.0 {10.01.2012}
    -Bug fix – fixed the bug not recognizing D01 Software Manager
    -Improvements – when the Set Property Dialog is shown, the text box automatically gets focus
    -New feature – it tells you if your animation contains frames with indexed colors

v1.3.0.0 {17.01.2012}
    -New: Added support for loop delays
    -Updated Previewer (now you’ll see scroll bars if the animation’s size exceeds previewer’s window size)
    -…
    v1.4.0.0 {15.02.2012}
    -Improved user-interface (looks better and it’s easier to use)
    -Bug fixes
    -Lighter on size (the executable is only 363 KB!)
    -Removed unneeded files in the initial directory
    -The ‘Preview’ feature is Boot Animation Previewer-dependent (you must have the latest version of Boot Animation Previewer to use that feature) 
    -New program icon, banner and about screen
    Oh I'm definitely trying this out... :D Thanks!

Edit: Hehe... I'm one of our alpha software testers at work, so maybe I'm a bit too good at this..... But I found a small bug. :p If you cancel the 'select folder' dialog, the program crashes.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Other than that, works really nicely. :) If I could make a suggestion though: On step 2, maybe add a line below the 'First folder number of loops' that mentions using a value of '0' for infinite loops. For people who haven't read any tutorials or made any animations manually, they probably wouldn't know about that..
    Cam you make an Android version so we can do this awesome thing right on our phones?

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Yes, I will make an Android app when I have more free time. :)
    Please give a new download link because I am getting error 404 not found:crying:

Here you go.