FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Asus Mypal A6x6 WM6.5.3 rom version 3 (6-8-10)

458 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2010, 06:32 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Steven,

Yet again you come through. I really needed that Office bit...

And I'm sure you'll be able to resolve the WM7 once it's out!

LZ

18th June 2010, 08:41 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Sorry for beeing so stubborn, but I asked few times and no answer: isn't a ROM with 6.5.3 for Asus A639 ? At least, it's not possible for hardware reasons, or nobody cares to do a firmware for this device? Please tell me so I stop search for it. Thanks
18th June 2010, 04:10 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morgantown, WV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist3rtm

Sorry for beeing so stubborn, but I asked few times and no answer: isn't a ROM with 6.5.3 for Asus A639 ? At least, it's not possible for hardware reasons, or nobody cares to do a firmware for this device? Please tell me so I stop search for it. Thanks

As of now, I do not know of a WM6.5 rom for Asus A639. If you are willing to do your homework, you can try to make one yourself, but no one else that I know of has published a rom for your device.
18th June 2010, 04:17 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morgantown, WV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locozozi

Steven,

Yet again you come through. I really needed that Office bit...

And I'm sure you'll be able to resolve the WM7 once it's out!

LZ

I thought I already included MS Office mobile with this rom release.

Anyway, I think that WM7 will be a "no-can-do" for the A6x6 if what I am reading about WM7 is indeed correct. The official specs for WM7 say that you need at least an ARM v7-based processor. The A6x6 processor (along with the rest of the XScale processors) is a ARM v5TE-based processor. So the thing that is keeping WM7 from the A6x6 is the architecture of the hardware, which is NON-CHANGEABLE.
19th June 2010, 03:20 PM |#25  
Flag Padova

More
Hi steven,
I have one Asus Mypal A636 with WM5 italian version. In the asus site there isn't upgrade to WM6
Can I use one your work for upgrade ?
If follow the procedure but in the step 9c only see the ASUS startup logo and the loader don't start.
Where am I doing wrong ?
perhaps the HW of this device never support WM6.5.x and/or WM6.x ?
Thank you very much
20th June 2010, 02:40 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morgantown, WV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genky

Hi steven,
I have one Asus Mypal A636 with WM5 italian version. In the asus site there isn't upgrade to WM6
Can I use one your work for upgrade ?
If follow the procedure but in the step 9c only see the ASUS startup logo and the loader don't start.
Where am I doing wrong ?
perhaps the HW of this device never support WM6.5.x and/or WM6.x ?
Thank you very much

No, you cannot use my rom on your device and expect it to work (in other words, you will permanently brick your device if you try to use my firmware with your device). The reason for this is because your device uses a totally different set of hardware and firmware.

The hardware can support WM6, but one has to take the time to customize the firmware and test it. As for how to do it, I have no idea how to extract the os part of the firmware from the rom image, but I do know how to handle the os part of the firmware once it is extracted.
21st June 2010, 01:13 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven855

I thought I already included MS Office mobile with this rom release.

I know you've included it, that's what I meant with you coming through

Speaking of Office - I've noticed that this release http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624810 (I've installed it for a friend), Has Office 2010 Mobile on it... (hint, hint ;) )

Yet again, Thanks for all your magnificent work!
LZ
21st June 2010, 01:27 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven855

Anyway, I think that WM7 will be a "no-can-do" for the A6x6 if what I am reading about WM7 is indeed correct. The official specs for WM7 say that you need at least an ARM v7-based processor. The A6x6 processor (along with the rest of the XScale processors) is a ARM v5TE-based processor. So the thing that is keeping WM7 from the A6x6 is the architecture of the hardware, which is NON-CHANGEABLE.

I think we might have some hope for WP7 on our trusty devices
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/obloch/archi...-not-dead.aspx
<Crossing fingers>

Update:
Or Not http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...e_requirements
21st June 2010, 08:06 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The "LOCK" Icon in the bottom of the start-menu (where you see the icons) seems to be broken through all skins. I only see random noise instead of the icon. Easy solution?
21st June 2010, 12:19 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morgantown, WV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locozozi

I know you've included it, that's what I meant with you coming through

Speaking of Office - I've noticed that this release http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624810 (I've installed it for a friend), Has Office 2010 Mobile on it... (hint, hint ;) )

Yet again, Thanks for all your magnificent work!
LZ

Actually, you can get MS Office mobile 2010 for free through the WMmarketplace program on your device (at least it was free last time I checked).
21st June 2010, 12:20 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Morgantown, WV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drtek

The "LOCK" Icon in the bottom of the start-menu (where you see the icons) seems to be broken through all skins. I only see random noise instead of the icon. Easy solution?

hmmm..I never noticed this before. Did this only start happening recently, or has this been happening from the beginning?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)