Thanks Meter: 652

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2013, 07:48 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mpx

1.0.3 is in Play, if you do not see it, just wait till it will be available. If you are on last version, you need to switch night mode off/on to see it on after update (and look at Transition period, when not Instant, you will see Night mode only after 10 or 60 sec)

Hmm, I'm on 1.0.3, transition period is instant. I've rebooted just in case, although I can't imagine that making a difference. Maybe we're talking about different things, though. Night Mode is on, and the color temperature changes as expected if I change the time (although I do still miss the old version of Night Mode, which let me make the screen even more yellow). But I want to be able to set the color temperature to 3400K during the day.

Edit: Never mind, it's changing it now. I guess maybe the reboot did help. Or I was being stupid and not noticing the change before. *shrug* Sorry for the spammy messages! (And for having to wait five minutes before I could edit this.) So instead: thanks for putting this option back in!

25th February 2013, 07:52 PM |#502  
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Thank you HUGELY for bringing back manual night-mode.

~Ibrahim~
25th February 2013, 10:48 PM |#503  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Don't worry about it, I'm updating the market version tomorrow.

Just a quick note - installed the latest and all seems well based on a quick look/see.

I normally did not use the auto mode but left it on to see how it works. I may switch back to to having the app adjust the screen only when turned on.

The only thing I am not crazy about it is adding yet another icon to the task bar (sorry). It is getting crowded up there. I tried turning it off but, of course, the notification pulldown is also removed by that. I will leave it for now but may experiment with turning it off another time.

For now all is well - thanks for your efforts!

[ EDIT ] I switched the notification to the lowest priority which have removed the icon from the status bar - no issues with the app closing thus far.

26th February 2013, 12:09 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
mxplayer and brightness control
I have included mxplayer in the sleep list so that I could adjust the brightness within the app itself. This has been working fine up to 0.76 but since 1.03, I am no longer able to adjust the brightness in mxplayer. I confirm that the app is still included in the sleep list so I think there must be a bug there somewhere.

Appreciate if you can take a look.

EDIT: I rebooted my phone and it is now working as expected, so no issue there.
26th February 2013, 01:46 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Ok, there's a lot of stuff to reply to here, so I'll make some comments:

- The CPU issue is poll rate related. I accidentally hard coded a fast poll rate into the app (so choosing a different rate doesn't change it). I pushed out an update to fix this just now.

I just noticed the CPU issue as well on my Galaxy S3. The poll rate was set to fastest. Was that what it was set to on the old version (before the newest slate of updates? If I have it on fast or even medium, it still keeps my CPU over 50%.

Seems like you shouldn't even have an option that would allow someone to set this to take up 50% of the CPU constantly. If I set it to slow, my CPU drops way down to about where it should be while idle.
26th February 2013, 06:56 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by habylab

Could someone help explain the pollrate new setting? What does it do, what is the difference between that and the period check? Is it how quick the check is acted on? What values are the Fastest, Fast etc.

Poll rate defines how fast the light sensor is polled for changes. Even the slowest settings is quite fast. The only reason I have it there as an option is because devices with dodgy sensors don't work well with slower poll rates. On the other hand, good devices use too much CPU with faster poll rates. 'Slow' and 'slowest' are perfectly fine for quick updates - perhaps I should have named them something less negative sounding.

Basically, don't make it faster unless you get wacky sensor readings (usually a HTC issue).

Quote:

Ok, in this case can I ask for just time settings for night mode? Will highly appreciate! Also it will be great to have possibility to link Night mode with offscreen buttons backlight (on/off). Thank you in advance to consider my small request

I'll consider this for a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyr354

Latest update in the play store gives me an error about no SD card on my Nexus 7.

What are you doing when that occurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

I just noticed the CPU issue as well on my Galaxy S3. The poll rate was set to fastest. Was that what it was set to on the old version (before the newest slate of updates? If I have it on fast or even medium, it still keeps my CPU over 50%.

Seems like you shouldn't even have an option that would allow someone to set this to take up 50% of the CPU constantly. If I set it to slow, my CPU drops way down to about where it should be while idle.

Yeah I agree, I shouldn't have given people that much control. It was put there for people with bad light sensors to try a higher poll rate, but now it's backfired because people like to touch settings they don't really understand.
26th February 2013, 08:02 AM |#507  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Re: [APP][Official][2.1+] Lux Auto Brightness 0.76
Could anybody confirm that Manual backlight on call option is working? I can not switch it off. Even with unchecked box this option rule backlight for calls

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk
26th February 2013, 12:23 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Sleep list isn't working on my galaxy s3. I go to sleep list, then add and it says loading, then it returns me back to the menu with sleep last in it.
26th February 2013, 12:45 PM |#509  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 87

More
1.0.4 in GP

Don't you think it is time to change topic title?
26th February 2013, 04:32 PM |#510  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Could anybody confirm that Manual backlight on call option is working? I can not switch it off. Even with unchecked box this option rule backlight for calls

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk

Did the latest update fix this for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Sleep list isn't working on my galaxy s3. I go to sleep list, then add and it says loading, then it returns me back to the menu with sleep last in it.

It's working on my end. I'll see if I can try it on an S3.

Quote:

1.0.4 in GP

Don't you think it is time to change topic title?

Indeed, I'll do it tomorrow when things settle down and I get time to update everything.
26th February 2013, 07:36 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Re: [APP][Official][2.1+] Lux Auto Brightness 0.76
Hello,
I have troubles with setting the application on low lighting levels. It just jumps from one level to another and back over and over again, no smooth changes like when I was using stock autobrightness or enhanced brightness in Jellytime ROM.
I suppose it just sets it like:
sensor - level
10 - 20
160 - 40
280 - 60
and it cannot approximate values over certain period?

This permanent flickering is very annoying.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)