[Q] Galaxy tab 10.1 google now crash

Search This thread

rykanator

Feb 23, 2013
OnePlus Pad
Hello, i am in need of some help. i recently flashed a custom rom ( Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly) to my galaxy tab 10.1
i have installed google search and flashed the correct gapps file to it using CWM.
whenever i go to use the speech recognition option to the right of the google search bar, google now crashes.
any ideas would be great!:laugh:

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
Hello, i am in need of some help. i recently flashed a custom rom ( Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 Nightly) to my galaxy tab 10.1
i have installed google search and flashed the correct gapps file to it using CWM.
whenever i go to use the speech recognition option to the right of the google search bar, google now crashes.

You installed Google Search from the Play Store, and not from a backup, right? You could try going to Apps/Google Search and clearing cache. I've heard that's worked.

alratheesh

Mar 15, 2013
Google Now / Google Search crash problem solved

Google Now / Search Crashes? SOLVED

I had the same issue in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 CM 10.1 (JB4.2.2)

My problem has been solved after changing language settings to English (Australia).

I tried the following steps & its working perfectly now.

1. Uninstalled Google search from settings - Apps - Google Search.
2. Open Play store & install Google search again
3. Dont open Google search now.
4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language
5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)
6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).
7. Select Google Now & Enable it by selecting ON.

AL RATHEESH. R
alratheesh@gmail.com

CinDroid

Apr 24, 2011

My problem has been solved after changing language settings to English (Australia).

4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language
5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)
6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).

AL RATHEESH. R
alratheesh@gmail.com

Wow! Thanks for this information. Working great now!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

I had this problem too, and disabling "Hotword detection" worked for me, thanks.
More specifically, it is under Settings-> Language & Input -> Voice Search

Thank you also. I followed your advice at the same time. lol No stone unturned!

koop_g

Feb 3, 2014
please help

Wow! Thanks for this information. Working great now!

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Thank you also. I followed your advice at the same time. lol No stone unturned!

hi guys ,

i have the same problem
I tryed to do exacly what you say 3 times and no use ? ;:(

can you guys help ?

koop

brunofin

Mar 29, 2009
Poznań
libc.so?

I have the same problem, it seems after the last Google Search update.
Before I was using English (Generic), and Google Now with "OK, Google" hotword detection was working fine.
I changed to English (US) to use the hotword detection from any screen, but now it always crashes as soon as it tries to recognize what I say (but saying OK Google still triggers the voice search).

I don't want to disable the hotword detection because that's the only reason I'm using Google Now anyway.

The report's stack trace contains some really cryptic information, it seems from a native library, and I suspect it may have to do with the CyanogenMod nightlies updates. I am using Android 4.4.4 from cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY on a Samsung Galaxy S II (gti9100).

Going through the stack trace, it first references the file libc.so (from /system/lib/libc.so), I remember also some references to this file somewhere in the nightly logs, so maybe that's the cause?

Screenshot_2014-08-07-18-14-53.png
Screenshot_2014-08-07-18-15-07.png

Noed

Oct 14, 2011
Campinas
Before I was using English (Generic), and Google Now with "OK, Google" hotword detection was working fine.
I changed to English (US) to use the hotword detection from any screen, but now it always crashes as soon as it tries to recognize what I say (but saying OK Google still triggers the voice search).

I don't want to disable the hotword detection because that's the only reason I'm using Google Now anyway.

The report's stack trace contains some really cryptic information, it seems from a native library, and I suspect it may have to do with the CyanogenMod nightlies updates. I am using Android 4.4.4 from cm-11-20140806-NIGHTLY on a Samsung Galaxy S II (gti9100).

Going through the stack trace, it first references the file libc.so (from /system/lib/libc.so), I remember also some references to this file somewhere in the nightly logs, so maybe that's the cause?

Same issue here, different phone and I'm on SlimSaber ROM... Please let me know if you find a solution

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Actually just found a solution http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help/google-hotword-screen-crash-t2824787/post54439615

Reactions: brunofin

brunofin

Mar 29, 2009
Poznań
Same issue here, different phone and I'm on SlimSaber ROM... Please let me know if you find a solution

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Actually just found a solution http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help/google-hotword-screen-crash-t2824787/post54439615

Man, thank you bery much for pointing that out! fixed my issue as well!
For those who wants to know the solution, I'm quoting it from another thread located here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help/google-hotword-screen-crash-t2824787/post54439615

Open Google Search and go into Settings > Voice. Make sure 'Bluetooth Headset' is ticked. That fixed the issue for me.

Btw, curti a sua foto :p valeu! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Now / Google Search crash problem solved

AL RATHEESH. R
    alratheesh@gmail.com
    Disable the Hotword detection in setting, under languages and inputs and it will no longer crash.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using xda app-developers app
    Disable the Hotword detection in setting, under languages and inputs and it will no longer crash.

I had this problem too, and disabling "Hotword detection" worked for me, thanks.
    More specifically, it is under Settings-> Language & Input -> Voice Search