Post your Nook Color screens!

Search This thread

jerrygon

Jun 23, 2007
Miramar, FL
Just a thread so we can post snapshots of our home screens. In case you didn't know, you can take a picture of whatever is on your screen by holding down the N button and quickly tap the volume down button then quickly release both buttons. Wait about 3-5 seconds and you will get a notification that you took a snapshot.

I will go first, also advise what you are using.

Zeam - Laucher (works great on the NC)
Fancy Widget - clock/weather

Attachments

• 10-12-03-4.jpg
    10-12-03-4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12,184
Reactions: manleyaudio

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010
How did you get the Widget to work, Every Widget program I try including Fancy Widget wont show up on the screen..

Edit: NVM I feel Dumb now, Just long press on the screen and Add item.

O yeah what I'm using Took your Advice and loaded up Zeam, works great, Also I'm using Beautiful Widgets,

Attachments

• 10-12-04-1.jpg
    10-12-04-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 9,603
Last edited:

powerx86

Nov 27, 2010
Either I did not understand the how to take screenshots or I am fat fingering this procedure.

I hold the N key down and tap the "+" key. All it does it keep going back to the default home screen.

Is there something I missed - my nook color is rooted.

jerrygon

Jun 23, 2007
Miramar, FL
You need to hit the Nook (N) big round key on the bottom of your nook and then the volume down key on the side of your nook. Not the on screen keyboard.

Either I did not understand the how to take screenshots or I am fat fingering this procedure.

I hold the N key down and tap the "+" key. All it does it keep going back to the default home screen.

deeoh

Jun 28, 2010
Here's my current setup. Running zeam for a launcher (thanks antoniouslj) with BeautifulWidgets for clock/weather. The wifi and brightness widgets are also part of BW. I like how it looks like the sun is raising an eyebrow towards the questionable activities of the background. Oh, and don't get excited about the marketplace on my dock, it's not functioning, but I figured I might as well have the placeholder there :D

Attachments

• 10-12-04-1.jpg
    10-12-04-1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 7,451

jerrygon

Jun 23, 2007
Miramar, FL
Good idea on the wifi and brightness widgets...

Here's my current setup. Running zeam for a launcher (thanks antoniouslj) with BeautifulWidgets for clock/weather. The wifi and brightness widgets are also part of BW. I like how it looks like the sun is raising an eyebrow towards the questionable activities of the background. Oh, and don't get excited about the marketplace on my dock, it's not functioning, but I figured I might as well have the placeholder there :D

therealguppy

Oct 27, 2010

Here is the Vitial Key you are Missing,
Its not the + Volume key... Its the - Volume Key

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Here is my current homescreen..

Widgets on screen:
BattStatt
TypoClock
TypoWeather

Widgets used off screen
Launcher Pro Facebook (resized for Nook)
Launcher Pro Calendar (resized for Nook)
Mini Info Widget (Batt, internal mem, sd mem)

Attachments

• 10-12-04-15.jpg
    10-12-04-15.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 6,494

xofre

Aug 19, 2010
keeping it simple:
- ADW
- Beautiful Widgets
- BattStatt
- Simple Text Widget

Attachments

• 10-12-05-1.jpg
    10-12-05-1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 4,338

French.

Sep 29, 2009
For those of you using zeam, how did you get only 9 icons in the bottom bar? Mine is defaulting 11, which I actually don't like (too many of them).

antoniouslj: In the bottom right is that a movie player icon? Which player is it?

BoxBot

Nov 22, 2010
For those of you using zeam, how did you get only 9 icons in the bottom bar? Mine is defaulting 11, which I actually don't like (too many of them).

antoniouslj: In the bottom right is that a movie player icon? Which player is it?

In the Dock preferences set the item spacing to "Large".

Here's mine: Zeam with BattStatt and Simi Clock. Wallpaper is something I put together with Wordle.

Attachments

• 10-12-05-1.jpg
    10-12-05-1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 3,056
Reactions: Blaggah

dascud

Nov 21, 2007
Kalifornia
Here's mine. The usual apps and widgets with Zeam.

Attachments

• 10-12-05-1.jpg
    10-12-05-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,213
  • 10-12-05-2.jpg
    10-12-05-2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,669

califrag

Mar 14, 2009
Here's mine. The usual apps and widgets with Zeam.

how were you able to change the number of desktop columns\rows in Zeam? the version I had did not have this option available and I just couldn't stand a 4x4 grid

edit: added some screens of my ADW home, still needs some more customizing to do

Attachments

• 10-12-05-7.jpg
    10-12-05-7.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,646
  • 10-12-05-8.jpg
    10-12-05-8.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,508
  • 10-12-05-9.jpg
    10-12-05-9.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,955
Last edited:

dascud

Nov 21, 2007
Kalifornia
Long press on any workspace within zeam gives you a menu. Click preferences -> workspace-> number of rows. There is also an option fkr number of columns

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using XDA App

califrag

Mar 14, 2009
Long press on any workspace within zeam gives you a menu. Click preferences -> workspace-> number of rows. There is also an option fkr number of columns

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using XDA App

Thank you!

EDIT..

Actually I guess the version (2.5.2) available in the market doesn't have the options.. I dunno..

Could you post your apk?

Attachments

• 10-12-05-10.jpg
    10-12-05-10.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,470
  • 10-12-05-12.jpg
    10-12-05-12.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I was avoiding the floating soft keys button. For most things, I have been able to rely solely on the notification toolbar. But for xda app and aldiko, it seems the button is necessary. I have it set to 80 percent transparent, so you barely know it's there.

Sent from my rockin' rooted Nook Color using XDA App

I set this up on another forum, and I thought it might help here as well since a lot of people are having difficulty with SoftKeys and not realizing it's full potential:

I think people are frustrated with SoftKeys because they aren't properly setting it up.

Yes, the softkeys super-imposed button dealie sucks. So does Button Savior, to be honest. With SoftKeys, you can disable the constantly floating "button". I instead have the "n" key setup to do the following:

Single Press- Bar appears over bottom home bar, in any program, with all of the necessary buttons

Double Press- Return to Home (within 200ms, so essentially double-click).

This is the key advantage of SoftKeys. In normal operation, there is nothing obscuring my screen, ever. As soon as I find it necessary to use one of the necessary keys (usually back), I hit the "n" button. Suddenly, a bar appears on the bottom with all of them there. I hit the one I want, and SoftKeys goes away and performs the action. No floating icon on top of everything all the time reminding me about how the nook color lacks android hardkeys.

As a bonus, when I hit the n button, to bring up the softkey toolbar, it also brings up my most recently used programs at the top, as if I held Home on a normal Android device.

To achieve this setup, make sure that SoftKeys is installed and your default action for the "n" key. Enter SoftKey settings by opening it as an App or whatever and set the following:

Options in order:

SoftKeys Service

1. Uncheck "Run Service"
    2. *personal preference*
    3. *personal preference* (should be pretty low)
    4. *doesn't matter, the "popper" is turned off in #1
    5. Check "Auto Hide"
    6. Unchecked (*personal preference I assume, haven't tried it on*)

Virtual Home Button

1. Normal Press: set to your Preferred Home Launcher (In my case, Zeam is my favorite)
    2. Long Press: SoftKeys
    3. Unchecked

I'm not sure why these settings for the Virtual Home Button have an effect, but they seem to.

Physical Home Button

1. Single Tap = Softkeys, Doubletap = Zeam (preferred launcher)

Some people have to reboot after install to get their preferred launcher to appear here

2. *personal preference*

The rest of the options are personal preference, but this configuration seems to be to be rock-stable and incredibly convenient.

Once you set it up this way, download "Home Switcher" and use it to set SoftKeys to default. You may need to reboot after doing this.

I am posting this, despite it seeming obvious, because it seems as though some people aren't yet grasping the capabilities of SoftKeys as compared to Button Savior, and as in the above quoted, the immediate features of SoftKeys aren't well known. Hope this helps some people.
    The launcher (home replacement) I am using is Zeam. Its attached. Run it in full screen most to block out the default nook launcher. Its perfect with Softkeys.

The wallpaper is from http://interfacelift.com/

The best size to get is 1280x1024 for it to span all 3 screens.
    loving that background got a link?

Here it is: Linky

A lot more here.
    uploadfromtaptalk1341615238472.jpg

The wallpaper is Spectrum ICS LWP, I just made it a series of grays instead of the default rainbow.
    The few big dots in the screenshot move and fade and stuff. The bars slide. Etc.

Some of those tile icons I found here on XDA, I think a few were from DeviantArt, and the rest I made myself.