[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

bordman

Apr 21, 2010
So awesome a million thanks!

Got it working. I had a nfc crash problem that i resolved but just deleteing repasting and restarting if that helps anyone.

Can't wait to give it a try!

mejori

Mar 8, 2008
fort myers
ok i finally was able to get it to work at mcdonalds!!! when i placed it on the machine i immediately told the cashier that she might have to accept the transaction on her screen, and she did..and it worked!!! no error at all!!!

this was at a mcdonalds in a gas station if it matters!!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

Attachments

• mcdpicsay.jpg
    mcdpicsay.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

Flame Red

I know with the paypass card system, many stores have to hit a button on their register first... even though the green lights flash because your card connected properly, you'll have to tap it again after they hit the proper button on their side... could be the same situation with some places like Mcdonalds etc... jack in the box for instance is like that... a lot of the time the cashiers can't figure out how to use the machine so they say the paypass system isn't working... so I tell them to hit the paypass button on their register first and it then works every time... I'd see if someone can take a peak at the register at mcdonalds to see if that's not part of this problem...
Just tried it at CVS which has PayPass. Started NFC, Started Wallet, put in PIN, then selected the card to use. Worked great!

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
wouldnt work for me at shop rite. kept saying ask cashier if it went thru. they were trying to help and tried different register but it aint working

jrodri29

Oct 6, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Can OP update the first post with better details for ATT users. The process is much simpler and can be found in this thread if you search for "ATT google wallet" also, to avoid the FC (NFC has stopped working) message you must use the default nfc.apk and nfctest.apk, another user has provided those in a download as well in this thread.

Great work to all involved and thanks so much! I got it working with my ATT Note II with CleanROM 3.5

Ive successfully set GW on my phone but I keep getting those fc when I open up camera or gallery. I had done a backup of the original nfc and nfc.test apks and when restored I keep getting them. Also I have the other two nfc.apk and nfc.test.apk from that zip file but my question is if I should resplace the original with the ones from the zip file. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
This is not to steal anyone's Thunder.
We are all trying to accomplish the same thing. I also have a thread started in the app forum. Noone has reported a failure yet. It basically flashes all the same things you are manually changing to avoid any hiccups. Again, I'm not high jacking the thread here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

jrodri29

Oct 6, 2008
Jupiter, FL
This is not to steal anyone's Thunder.
We are all trying to accomplish the same thing. I also have a thread started in the app forum. Noone has reported a failure yet. It basically flashes all the same things you are manually changing to avoid any hiccups. Again, I'm not high jacking the thread here.

I reflash my rom and then went ahead and flashed the zip file following the steps and google wallet set up. Only problem is that I did this more than 3 time (because for some reason, GW kept doing some weird force close and had to start over again) and now when I try to add the card keep getting an error message. Also when I open camera, gallery and other apps I get the nfc force close.
Heres a pic of the error on google wallet. I think I exceeded my set up amounts for the day

Went to the thread you opened up in the apps section, and I have no more force closes. Wallet still not adding the cards (I think I exceeded the daily limit of set ups) I will wait some 24 hours and report back

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356494285388.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356494285388.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

dnanj

Feb 5, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Used at McDonalds and Cashier stopped after GW recorded the transaction on my phone and said "Whoa! What was that?" Made me stop and verify if the transaction went thru...that's when the receipt printed out and he got all confused.

I will note that after I tapped the phone on the paypass system, I did get the prompt to enter my pin and after doing so I was told to put it back on to complete.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Ive successfully set GW on my phone but I keep getting those fc when I open up camera or gallery. I had done a backup of the original nfc and nfc.test apks and when restored I keep getting them. Also I have the other two nfc.apk and nfc.test.apk from that zip file but my question is if I should resplace the original with the ones from the zip file. Thanks in advance

I believe the steps called for replacing the nfc files which is what I did and I do not get any force close. Also, did you remember to set permissions?

Last edited:
Reactions: jrodri29

jrodri29

Oct 6, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Used at McDonalds and Cashier stopped after GW recorded the transaction on my phone and said "Whoa! What was that?" Made me stop and verify if the transaction went thru...that's when the receipt printed out and he got all confused.

I will note that after I tapped the phone on the paypass system, I did get the prompt to enter my pin and after doing so I was told to put it back on to complete.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

I believe the steps called for replacing the nfc files which is what I did and I do not get any force close. Also, did you remember to set permissions?

Thanks for answering. Yes I did, but I fixed it. Thanks

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
Thanks for answering. Yes I did, but I fixed it. Thanks

There has been a lot of confusion here and I don't know what I should do. Hard to get an answer because so many conversations are going on, but I will try again.

Running completely stock ROM (rooted). I followed the video in the OP step by step and doesn't work in the two places I tried (MCD and CVS). I have seen where people say I need to replace NFC files, but I don't think I need to do that on stock do I???

I am getting the error to have the Cashier check if the transaction went through.

Anyway, I would appreciate help.

dnadeau15

May 11, 2008
Dnadeau15

Are you having any issues? Have you tried it out if so where?

Also what carrier are you on?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes I have used gw in multiple locations and it had worked great. Best buy, McDonalds, and at wallgreens pharmacy. All worked flawlessly.

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Anyone having trouble when setting the build.prop back to stock. I get the same stupid message (Not supported on your device/carrier...)?

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

There has been a lot of confusion here and I don't know what I should do. Hard to get an answer because so many conversations are going on, but I will try again.

Running completely stock ROM (rooted). I followed the video in the OP step by step and doesn't work in the two places I tried (MCD and CVS). I have seen where people say I need to replace NFC files, but I don't think I need to do that on stock do I???

I am getting the error to have the Cashier check if the transaction went through.

Anyway, I would appreciate help.

I would try replacing the NFC files (.apk's) and setting the right permissions.

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
Can someone please gimme the stock nfc apps from the the stock ROM. i deleted them and tried to restore the older one's as the google wallet setup failed on me. How many are there in system/app what permissions are they set to? please respond asap i am getting constant FC's to where i have to turn off the phone.:crying::(

I forgot to mention that i did delete the files that i merged with other folders under system but have replaced them. Can someone shoe me the whole undo processe of this.

Update: fixed;):angel::eek::p

Last edited:

jrodri29

Oct 6, 2008
Jupiter, FL
For those having the failed message while trying to add the cards do this. in order to get thru adding the cards successfully, go to google wallet online, remove the existing cards. Then open the google wallet app on the phone, remove all info and re-add the cards

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
Does anyone know if the modded Google Wallet NFC files interfere with the new OTA Update issued today. I am on complete stock root with root ONLY. I can't seem to update when other people with complete stock and root are able. So I am possibly thinking these files have to do with something.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

thegoob

Aug 16, 2010
Nanty Glo
Does anyone know if the modded Google Wallet NFC files interfere with the new OTA Update issued today. I am on complete stock root with root ONLY. I can't seem to update when other people with complete stock and root are able. So I am possibly thinking these files have to do with something.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

I also cannot receive the update...idk what i should do. I tried resetting my wallet and it wont reset the apk.

reubendevries

Jan 18, 2011
Langley
Did steps 1 - 3 with no problems, after that not so much luck

After I reboot, I can't seem find wallet in my App Drawer, I've double checked everything, double checked permissions. Rebooted twice still didn't work, on the third reboot I went into TWRP and wiped Dalvik Cache and Cache. It still doesn't pop up in App Drawer... so does anybody have suggestions, I'm have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Rogers (SGH-I317M) but I've loaded [ROM][12/21][N7105XXDLL1 4.1.2] Best International Stock ROM for i317 and i317M, so I'm running that, and I think that might be the issue, if I need to restore or do something let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png