[Q] kernelinfo.txt ?

Search This thread

K972A

Dec 6, 2012
Several weeks ago I suddenly ran out of internal storage on my evo3d without warning or explanation. After rooting, and a bit of digging, I surmised that I had two huge (several hundred MB) files: anr_history.txt and kernelinfo.txt (the latter is in /data/radio) taking up all the space.
I skimmed through both texts and can see that anr_history grows slowly and is due to constant handcent crashes. Kernelinfo however seems to be an error log dump that's written all at once and includes a copy of anr_history at the end (mine seems to have actually ran out of room while being generated and was truncated, explaining the sudden apparent vanishing of all my free space)

What I'm wondering is what initiates the creation of kernelinfo.txt? I ran out of large gobs of space twice (100+ MB) within the span of a week so my guess is it was created twice. There's only one file with one header within so it seems previous copies are overwritten when a new log is generated. Anr_history has been growing a while so it seems the log dump wasn't created before those the two aforementioned events (it would have used up all internal storage if it occurred within the past 6-8 months) and it hasn't happened since.

Anyone have any insight? My goal is not just to prevent it in the future but to understand what's happening to cause it to be written, since it appears to be a rare event.

K972A

Dec 6, 2012
So no one here knows huh? Guess I'll just have to keep checking for and deleting it.....