[APP][29.07.08] Diamond Shaker 0.0.1

Search This thread

DiemetriX

Jul 3, 2008
Hi guys,

i think it should be possible, to implement all these features.

BUT: Fristly i'll not implement the feature to turn on display when shaking, because my application has to run all the time in standby so that it could be possible! That means, that your battery drains very, very fast! And i also don't know whether the sensor is still on in standby!

Np. This app is still amazing :) Can't wait for the official release :)

zimonia

Jun 28, 2008
Firsty everything aragornol said is nice though i understand the fact that waking up on shaking is not possible cause of battery drainage.

my sugjestions:
If wake-up alarm goes off:
turn phone over like muting on call: the alarm snoozes
shake phone: alarm stops

incoming call: shake is accept
calling: shake is hangup
new sms/mail: shake is opening
nothing active on phone: shake is change profile.

sensitivity is important though, u dont wanna hang up when you are moving the phone to your ear or when switching hand.

DOMin8or

Oct 1, 2003
Cologne
to answer phone calls, a triple shake in horizntal direction is a good way to
use this function parallel with the other users ideas.

here are my ideas:
tilt angle left for backward on timeachses in audio/movie players.
tilt angle right for fast forward in audio/movieplayers
double tilt in 1000 ms, will STEP forward/backward

tilting front and backward, for sliding the photos in the album/favorite persons.
this will have a nice effect. you tilt vorward and the picture 'falls' in the direction.
the more tilt, faster sliding will be fine. (in music and video apps, too)

and tilt spezialmode for opera, to scroll the page into the tilted direction.
(with different scroll speeds, controlled by tilt angel)
(same to photoviewer in zoom mode, in 100% mode, use tilt directions left right to
bitmap forward--backward, and front-back to switch to galery view and scroll
the thumbnails into chosen direction.)

and a keyboard emulator for the direction keys to use them in FLUX (the game. i think that is fun :))

sorry for the bad english, but i have too many ideas, but i can`t explain them exactly.

Last edited:

Riel

Mar 1, 2006
Born
www.zzapps.nl
I'd rather use the normal phone keys for calling, or am I the only one?

Shaking can be of various functions, but please don't use the functions that already are called by 1 press on a button...

Why would I wanna shake my phone if someone calls? I'd rather press the 'pick up' key :)

Snoozing is good. Closing apps too.

princEd

Jun 23, 2008
For some reason I had to shake it quite a few times with force, then the unit would finally switch profile. With the possibility that it might get drop to the floor coz of shaking, I un-installed it after all. But a neat app indeed!

Riel

Mar 1, 2006
Born
www.zzapps.nl
There can be made so much more beside 'SHAKING' :)

How about using it as a Bluetooth mouse?

Tilting left-right = left-right
Tilting front up - down = up - down

Mouse buttons on touchscreen

Or some developer sending WII-signals :)

RSchris

Dec 8, 2006
Answering by shaking the phone : if you're running, it will answer. Not a very good idea.

pauljohn54

Apr 23, 2005
How about application specific sensor controls

Example

I am in coreplayer listening to music and I turn by phone 180 degrees to the right and it changes the track to the next one and 180 degrees to the left and its for previous. That way I can listen to music and keep the screen off without turning on the screen to change track and therefore my battery lasts longer

coBex

Jun 17, 2008
Ghent
It could be an idea that you could configurate things like this:

- RECORD a shaking gesture, I mean realy press 'record' and do your shake. (eg. shake vertical, shake horizontal, turn 180°, shake in circels, etc...)

- link the shaking gesture you just 'recorded' to a certain application and a certain action within that application. (This could be a fixed list of possibilities, which where givven here in the topic...)

I really like the idea of 'recording' your shakes, it meas you could do your predefined shake no matter in what app. you are to, for example, change your profile, or start your calendar, ....

Mauser.NET

Jan 8, 2006
Netherlands
It could be an idea that you could configurate things like this:

- RECORD a shaking gesture, I mean realy press 'record' and do your shake. (eg. shake vertical, shake horizontal, turn 180°, shake in circels, etc...)

- link the shaking gesture you just 'recorded' to a certain application and a certain action within that application. (This could be a fixed list of possibilities, which where givven here in the topic...)

I really like the idea of 'recording' your shakes, it meas you could do your predefined shake no matter in what app. you are to, for example, change your profile, or start your calendar, ....

Yeah! I thought of that too. That would be awesome!! :D

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
The problem is not recording your shaking. The problem is, i have to spend a lot of time for coding an algorithm, because no one is able to repeat his recording exactly a second time! So I have to make a algorithm for comparing your current shaking with the recording. I think I haven't got the time to make this working perfectly.

Last edited:

Mauser.NET

Jan 8, 2006
Netherlands
I see what you mean. For every move there has to be some form of acceptance before and after the exact move. The smaller the road the more difficult to keep track ;)
Maybe you can share this piece of code with us and we can help?

SkizZO

Nov 23, 2005
.:NeaPoliS:.
Already purposed HERE

You can also let decide us what type of executable run after a shaking.... and with mortscript we can do anything we want

(i always think to the upper right corner tap, to make working the OK/X button, and into the today screen should appear the taskmanager

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
Hi all,

Just 2 little thoughts for laugh with this future app...
  • we will easily recognize every Diamond's user
  • don't give it to someone suffering from Parkinson

;)

MonteCristoffOn

Oct 9, 2005
[offtopic, sorry about that]
:D:D:D

Breaking news: People around the world shaking there mobile devices! nobody knows why. Maybe it is a new disease or a terrorist attak!
Yes... we definitively must be very careful and tactful...

Stop drinking coffee sushi, just shake your Diam !
And press it again and again...
...until it gives us his quintessence !!!

[/offtopic]

(thanks again)

;)

aragornol

Jun 8, 2008
To be honest this shaking application would be great as there is many ways how to use that and make your Diamond shaking all the day ... I wrote some tips which some of them appeared useful but to really tell the truth I don`t need deadly those functions ... the only and one which I would use each day several times is at least unlocking it while shaking I will explain why ...

Diamond screen itself is quite good readable at direct sun but the problem makes it unlock as the screen unlock screen is dimmed. :) then everything`s ok

ovindahl

May 12, 2008
I would like to lock my diamond with shaking. Also if I am getting a call, I want to flip my diamond face-down to mute the ringtone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone where it is workin fine make a video? I have no video camera and my old mobile device cam is bad (as seen in my old video).