[APP] Birdy Bounce -[R]- 11/23/2010 -[U]- 01/25/2010 -[V]- 2.1

Search This thread

Mod Monkeys

Nov 23, 2010
Name: Birdy Bounce

Our old game "Doodle Tower" has been removed from the marketplace because of the similarity of its name to the name of another app, but we did not give up and started working on a successor. We were very careful in the development process to avoid any further inconveniences and are proud to finally be able to present you our new game Birdy Bounce for Windows Phone 7. The game is available for FREE, we want that everyone who previously downloaded our old game can upgrade for free. However, it will not stay for free forever, so better hurry!

App Description:
In Birdy Bounce, you are steering a young bird on its way up to the horizon by using the accurate tilt controls of your Windows Phone 7 device. Be warned, the way is dangerous and many birds before you fell to their death. Only the fittest will survive this dangerous travel - how far can you get?

The gameplay experience provides a vast amount of different platform types you can use to jump higher and higher. There will be breakable, moving or thorny platforms and even some that give you a turbo boost and some that vanish before your eyes when you aren't fast enough.

The levels of Birdy Bounce are generated by an intelligent level randomization algorithm which provides a new experience every time you start playing while avoiding impossible situations to keep the fun for a long time.

We are planning to release continuous updates containing new platforms, effects or characters. We are always looking for new ways to improve the gameplay experience our game provides. Feel free to contact us to tell us your feedback and ideas, it is highly appreciated.

Source: Mod Monkeys

Download: Birdy Bounce (Free WP7 trial available)

Last edited:

pipolas

Jan 9, 2008
Hello!
I downloaded this game and...I LOVE IT!
It runs smooth, the gameplay is very funny and different from other games, it's beautiful...Well...Just give it a try!

Thanks a lot!!

Mod Monkeys

Nov 23, 2010
Ok the 4 days of the welcome back sale we configured are obviously over now. Microsoft just updated the price to 0,99€. Sorry that I posted in this forum that late, but most people read about it in other forums where we posted the news, so I think we reached a lot of people with this sale.

And I believe that 0,99€ isn't too much either for this app, the free offer was primarily for those who bought "Doodle Tower". We wanted that they can upgrade for free.

I wish all buyers as much fun as possible with the game. Make sure to write a review in the Zune marketplace if you like the app or if you have anything that you don't like. We are trying to read every single review.

Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Unfortunately, paid apps are not allowed under Rules 7 and 11 of XDA. You cannot advertise the sale of a paid app unless you are providing it for free to the community or at least provide a lite version. I will close this thread right now and if you can provide the community with any of the aforementioned options, please feel free to get in touch with me and I will be more than happy to unlock this thread for you.

Mod Monkeys

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks for re-opening the thread. I added a note about the free version of the game in the first post. It's playable up to a score of 12-15k (depends on the current situation of the level generator) so make sure to check it out. There is no time limit, so you can theoretically play with the free version forever without paying a penny if you like to.

tbk21

May 26, 2009
I wanted to buy this game when it was still called doodle tower but couldn't find it anymore. I noticed the name changed so I was able to pick it up for free. Nice game and smooth. Only little bug I noticed is that the game icon in the games hub is zoomed making it look ugly. Icon gets normal again when you pin it start, but in the games hub it is keeps zoomed in. I noticed this bug also with other free apps.

Has this something to do with my phone (hd7)? Or is it app related

Mod Monkeys

Nov 23, 2010
I really believe that's a general OS problem. Microsoft only says they want icons in 3 special resolutions. I provided all resolutions and the icon is still buggy in the games hub, I really don't know what I should change.

There are many developers complaining about this in the dev forums, but Microsoft doesn't provide an official answer.

Good to hear that you like it. I would love to see a review in the marketplace if you'd like to =)

cseven

Aug 1, 2010
Really fun, happily paid for it.

Would be cool if you could add in some more platform types.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
I did say it already but I love this game ( at 29K now )
the latest update is also cool , now we can see hour latest scores :)

but here is a suggestion :

it would be nice to have a auto save at some time (20k 30k 40k etz) .

Revaric

Apr 19, 2009
Autosave doesn't seem appropriate for this game, though maybe support for saving the state when you exit could be cool, so you could pick up where you left off (since quitting isn't really the same as failing).

Great job, I will post a review in the market place!

henchturk

Oct 19, 2010
LOVE this game. Favourite so far. LOVE IT.

Suggestions are, if you're looking for some are...
Up and Down moving platforms.
Mute button
Obstacles and shield power up
springs power up for multiple longer jumps but less than green boost
Naming highscores
Multiple highcores shown ingame as you pass them.
Bird to look like a bird than a peice of toast :p

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
LOVE this game. Favourite so far. LOVE IT.

Suggestions are, if you're looking for some are...
Up and Down moving platforms.
Mute button
Obstacles and shield power up
springs power up for multiple longer jumps but less than green boost
Naming highscores
Multiple highcores shown ingame as you pass them.
Bird to look like a bird than a peice of toast :p

and most important :
a hight score validation process , so we can show off hour hightscore

kenikh

Nov 18, 2009
This game is crack...I love it! Now you just need to make friends with an illustrator to make it is as gorgeous as it is addictive.

Not a criticism per se, but if this game were as pretty as say, Angry Birds, you'd be rolling in the cash.

Mod Monkeys

Nov 23, 2010
Ok guys this is huge. Here comes the first sneak peek into the upcoming huge graphical update for Birdy Bounce!

All screenshots are for demo purposes only! The real game might look different, the color fading from one color to another will be very smooth, I just had to pack it into some quick screenshots that you can see some of the color themes that await you! The screenshots are from the upcoming Mac OS X version of the game, there are things that will be different in the Windows Phone 7 version!

I don't want to talk much, it's time for some eye candy!

screenshot01d.png
screenshot02d.png
screenshot03.png
screenshot04e.png
screenshot05.png
screenshot06u.png
screenshot07.png
screenshot08s.png
screenshot09l.png
screenshot10jb.png
screenshot11y.png
screenshot12mq.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Birdy Bounce

Our old game "Doodle Tower" has been removed from the marketplace because of the similarity of its name to the name of another app, but we did not give up and started working on a successor. We were very careful in the development process to avoid any further inconveniences and are proud to finally be able to present you our new game Birdy Bounce for Windows Phone 7. The game is available for FREE, we want that everyone who previously downloaded our old game can upgrade for free. However, it will not stay for free forever, so better hurry!

App Description:
    In Birdy Bounce, you are steering a young bird on its way up to the horizon by using the accurate tilt controls of your Windows Phone 7 device. Be warned, the way is dangerous and many birds before you fell to their death. Only the fittest will survive this dangerous travel - how far can you get?

The gameplay experience provides a vast amount of different platform types you can use to jump higher and higher. There will be breakable, moving or thorny platforms and even some that give you a turbo boost and some that vanish before your eyes when you aren't fast enough.

The levels of Birdy Bounce are generated by an intelligent level randomization algorithm which provides a new experience every time you start playing while avoiding impossible situations to keep the fun for a long time.

We are planning to release continuous updates containing new platforms, effects or characters. We are always looking for new ways to improve the gameplay experience our game provides. Feel free to contact us to tell us your feedback and ideas, it is highly appreciated.

Source: Mod Monkeys

Download: Birdy Bounce (Free WP7 trial available)
    Version 2.1 incoming! It's already in review :) The changelog is:

*** NEW IN VERSION 2.1 ***
    - online leaderboard support
    - three control sensitivity modes
    - option to disable sound effects
    - performance improvements
    - say hello to the new birdy, isn't it even cuter than ever before?