EVDO - Indicator no longer greyed out

Search This thread

emmfan

May 3, 2006
Irvine
Has anyone else experienced this. It just started happening this past weekend. Before, the EVDO icon in the top bar would be greyed out (since the ROM update) when the connection was not active. But since last Friday it just stays 'white'. At first I was worried that the connection was stuck on active but there was not noticeable affect on my battery life. I'm not sure if there was a change in the Verizon network that has affected the indicator. I actually, replaced my phone this morning (for another reason), and noticed that the indicator is still 'white'.

Lvballer06

Aug 3, 2006
there was a program I installed once that caused this probelm, but I cant remember the name of it for the life of me.
~mike

emmfan

May 3, 2006
Irvine
The thing is that even with my new phone and the new ROM, the arrows would not grey out. Anyways, doesn't seem to affect the battery life, but it does sometimes disconnect, whereas before, the direct-push would keep the connection open (but 'greyed-out').

emmfan

May 3, 2006
Irvine
The real problem now is that my direct-push no longer works. I've done a copule of hard resets and actually the arrows are now greyed out. But now the EVDO does not stay connected and my exchange e-mail is no longer pushed immediately to my phone. I've called Verizon and they got rid of their wireless data technical support, so now I can't get anyone to help me and all they do is push me to UTStarcom or Audiovox and they're not much help either. Any suggestions or help appreciated?

madjokeer

Aug 10, 2006
i had the same problem.. its because of the rom upgrade.. i used the ppckitchen and the arrows never gray out, when i used DCD's kitchen, it always grayed out.. i just believe its the rom itself... some people say its the phone skin but that is not true.. i tested that myself.
-P