[ROM][6.0][CM13]Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 01/28/16

Search This thread

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Hey XDA,

I'm pleased to announce the first (unofficial) CM 13 ROM for the Galaxy Note 3... This ROM is almost pure CyanogenMod 13, with a few minor tweaks/additions, and is fast, stable, and perfect for use as a daily driver.

CyanogenMod is continuing to update their CM13 sources (usually several times a day), and as they do, there will undoubtedly be additional features added, bringing it up to speed with what's available in CM12.1. In the meantime, however, I've included a few of my personal favorite mods/extra settings, and will be adding a few more when time permits. I'm not going to go crazy with extra features, because @Temasek has a fantastic CM13 build for the Note 3 as well, that will eventually include all sorts of extras. I will, however, be working on implementing a few of my own original mods/creations. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see added, let me know!

Also, in case you missed the announcement, @Sheradrax will be the primary person watching over/maintaining this thread. I will be around as much as I possibly can, but my time is very limited for at least the next few weeks, so please try to direct and questions/issues/comments to him if possible. Thanks again, Sheradrax.

*** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
*** I am not responsible for any loss of data ***
*** damage to devices, or any other consequences ***
*** that arise as a result of flashing this ROM. ***

Screenshots

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Requirements
  • Any Note 3 model with a Snapdragon Processor.
  • Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
  • Patience.

Instructions
  • MAKE A BACKUP.
  • Download the ROM zip and the GApps zip to your device.
  • Boot to recovery, and do a full wipe (minus your internal and external SD, which are optional). If coming from a previous build, dirty flashing will work, though clean flashing is always recommended.
  • Flash the ROM, then flash the GApps.

Changelog
Code:
Current Changelog: 01-28-2016
[LIST]
[*]Rebased using 01/25/16 sources.
[*]Added logo to updater-script.
[*]Fixed issue with first task being invisible in recents.
[*]Fixed issues with recents foreground task clearing.
[*]Added settings for power menu animations.
[*]Added numerous settings for Activity/system animations. (Hey, I like animations).
[*]Enabled CM Screencast app (screen recording).
[*]Added option to include screen record in power menu.
[*]Added option to show 2 columns in Settings Dashboard in portrait mode.
[*]Probably a few other minor things I've forgotten.
[/LIST]

Older changelogs:

Code:
[U]01-09-2016[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Rebased with 1/5/16 sources.
[*]Fixed network mode switching.
[*]Moved all my additions to a new Settings category.
[*]Added boot animation preview/changer.
[*]Replaced recents clear all icon with FAB and added positioning options.
[*]Added volume steps options for each stream.
[*]Added option to show system info (CPU frequency, temp, battery voltage, temp, connected network) on recents, in place of the search widget.
[/LIST]

[U]12-25-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Enabled install from unknown sources by default.
[*]Disabled verify apps over usb by default.
[*]Re-added network traffic options (in Settings > Status Bar).
[*]Fixed incoming calls (again).
[/LIST]

[U]12-20-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Built with 12/17 CM sources (lots of changes!) and @Temasek's kernel source as of 12/17.
[*]Enabled developer settings by default.
[*]SuperSU is no longer built in.
[*]Network traffic and night mode options are gone (I just haven't gotten around to re-adding them, since I had to start over).
[*]Several minor behind the scenes tweaks/fixes.
[/LIST]

[U]11-30-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Built with latest CM sources (as of 11-28/11-29).
[*]Added StatusBar network traffic, ListView animations/Interpolators, Toast animations.
[*]Fixed advanced reboot menu settings not sticking.
[*]Fixed capacitive key backlight settings (again).
[*]Added support for addition Note 3 variants (thanks to @ jcadduono).
[*]Fixed remounting and writing to /system.
[*]Added missing Trebuchet permission.
[*]Enable stylus gestures (not fully tested).
[*]More changes to support theme/night mode (still [I]far[/I] from complete).
[*]Various minor behind the scenes tweaks/optimizations.
[/LIST]

[U]11-23-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Rebuilt with latest sources.
[*]Added stlport.
[*]Added SamsungDoze.
[*]Fixed RIL. SIM card is now detected and should work.
[*]Changed updater script to allow installation on Canadian and Sprint variants.
[*]Miscellaneous minor code changes.
[/LIST]

[U]11-06-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Fixed capacitive key backlight settings.
[*]Minor code changes/tweaks.
[*]Video recording, CM File Manager, and capacitive key backlight settings all work now.
[*]Now includes updated Messages app, battery mode settings, per-app profiles, advanced reboot menu, and a few more new settings/options.
[/LIST]

[U]10-31-2015[/U]
[LIST]
[*]Initial release.
[/LIST]

Downloads
If you don't want to use the BaNkS GApps linked above, you can also use Open GApps. Also, SuperSU is no longer built into the ROM (CM's seems to work flawlessly). For anyone who still wants or needs it, though, you can download and flash this zip:

Older Versions:

Known Issues
  • In-call audio [I[does not work[/I] on the latest posted build. I'm doing all that I can to find the cause and to get it fixed, but in the meantime, if you rely on calls made via your carrier (Hangouts calls still work fine), please use the 1/9 release.

Thanks/Credits
  • CyanogenMod and their contributors for the bulk of the source code.
  • @Temasek for his kernel source.
  • @Lyokacanthrope, @Temasek, and @sparx for the RIL/SIM fixes.
  • @Sheradrax and @booogermonkey for helping with testing.
  • @Chainfire for SuperSU.
  • @BaNkS & Open GApps for the gapps, and @danerrickcuba@gmail.com for supplying the Open GApps link.
  • @daveyannihilation, @sparx, @surge1223, @dwitherell, and the whole Alliance ROM team for support.

Thanks for reading.
~Morningstar

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
Morningstar, Sheradrax
Source Code: https://github.com/AdmireTheDistance

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod 13.0

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0.h
Stable Release Date: 2016-01-28

Created 2015-11-01
Last Updated 2016-02-04

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151031-140618.png
    Screenshot_20151031-140618.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 110,130
  • Screenshot_20151031-140626.png
    Screenshot_20151031-140626.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 107,506
  • Screenshot_20151031-202510.jpg
    Screenshot_20151031-202510.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 112,940
  • Screenshot_20151031-195028.jpg
    Screenshot_20151031-195028.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 106,321
  • Screenshot_20151031-145253.png
    Screenshot_20151031-145253.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 105,810
  • Screenshot_20151031-195048.png
    Screenshot_20151031-195048.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 102,652
Last edited:

thinhletien

Jul 10, 2008
Calgary, Canada
right on mate. u know of a kernel for n900t yet?

Did you read?
----------Replaced the CM kernel source with Temasek's latest hlte kernel source-------------------
That mean your N900T run perfectly fine with that kernel. Or you can use lean kernel too.
Because this rom compatible with Temasek kernel from 5.1 so Lean should be fine too i think.

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
right on mate. u know of a kernel for n900t yet?
I don't believe there are any 6.0 kernels specifically for the N900T yet (at least none that I could find). While building this, I couldn't get my device to even boot with the CM kernel that's included in the source. That's why I ended up using Temasek's kernel source.

All that aside, though, I'm actually using an N900T myself, and this should work on it. :)

Or you can use lean kernel too.
Because this rom compatible with Temasek kernel from 5.1 so Lean should be fine too i think.
I may be wrong, but I don't think lean kernel has updated their source for marshmallow yet. While trying to find a kernel that would work well enough to get this to boot, I tried several variations of the latest lean kernel I could find (CM 12.1). All of them did better than CM's current kernel source, but none of them booted lol.

Last edited:

sn0vvman

Jan 29, 2011
Урюпинск
Great start with 6!
Tried the ROM just now.
Have issues:
1. SIM card does not found, so calls won't work.
2. Persistent icon of extsdcard in status bar.
3. Can't change screen grid - it is stuck on 5x5.

Reactions: R4V3N

Grantius

Sep 6, 2013
Interesting to still see the Sim issues. Devs were saying about it on Twitter a while ago

Lyokacanthrope

May 11, 2011
Rochester
Thought you fixed the RIL issues at first, damn. :(
I've had my own personal build for a couple days but the broken radio, bluetooth crashes, and other misc issues keep me from using it as a DD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey XDA,

I'm pleased to announce the first (unofficial) CM 13 ROM for the Galaxy Note 3... This ROM is almost pure CyanogenMod 13, with a few minor tweaks/additions, and is fast, stable, and perfect for use as a daily driver.

CyanogenMod is continuing to update their CM13 sources (usually several times a day), and as they do, there will undoubtedly be additional features added, bringing it up to speed with what's available in CM12.1. In the meantime, however, I've included a few of my personal favorite mods/extra settings, and will be adding a few more when time permits. I'm not going to go crazy with extra features, because @Temasek has a fantastic CM13 build for the Note 3 as well, that will eventually include all sorts of extras. I will, however, be working on implementing a few of my own original mods/creations. If there's anything in particular that you'd like to see added, let me know!

Also, in case you missed the announcement, @Sheradrax will be the primary person watching over/maintaining this thread. I will be around as much as I possibly can, but my time is very limited for at least the next few weeks, so please try to direct and questions/issues/comments to him if possible. Thanks again, Sheradrax.

*** FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
    *** I am not responsible for any loss of data ***
    *** damage to devices, or any other consequences ***
    *** that arise as a result of flashing this ROM. ***

Screenshots

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Requirements
    • Any Note 3 model with a Snapdragon Processor.
    • Custom recovery (I recommend TWRP).
    • Patience.

Instructions
    • MAKE A BACKUP.
    • Download the ROM zip and the GApps zip to your device.
    • Boot to recovery, and do a full wipe (minus your internal and external SD, which are optional). If coming from a previous build, dirty flashing will work, though clean flashing is always recommended.
    • Flash the ROM, then flash the GApps.

Changelog
    Code:
    Current Changelog: 01-28-2016
    [LIST]
    [*]Rebased using 01/25/16 sources.
    [*]Added logo to updater-script.
    [*]Fixed issue with first task being invisible in recents.
    [*]Fixed issues with recents foreground task clearing.
    [*]Added settings for power menu animations.
    [*]Added numerous settings for Activity/system animations. (Hey, I like animations).
    [*]Enabled CM Screencast app (screen recording).
    [*]Added option to include screen record in power menu.
    [*]Added option to show 2 columns in Settings Dashboard in portrait mode.
    [*]Probably a few other minor things I've forgotten.
    [/LIST]

Older changelogs:

Code:
    [U]01-09-2016[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Rebased with 1/5/16 sources.
    [*]Fixed network mode switching.
    [*]Moved all my additions to a new Settings category.
    [*]Added boot animation preview/changer.
    [*]Replaced recents clear all icon with FAB and added positioning options.
    [*]Added volume steps options for each stream.
    [*]Added option to show system info (CPU frequency, temp, battery voltage, temp, connected network) on recents, in place of the search widget.
    [/LIST]

[U]12-25-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Enabled install from unknown sources by default.
    [*]Disabled verify apps over usb by default.
    [*]Re-added network traffic options (in Settings > Status Bar).
    [*]Fixed incoming calls (again).
    [/LIST]

[U]12-20-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Built with 12/17 CM sources (lots of changes!) and @Temasek's kernel source as of 12/17.
    [*]Enabled developer settings by default.
    [*]SuperSU is no longer built in.
    [*]Network traffic and night mode options are gone (I just haven't gotten around to re-adding them, since I had to start over).
    [*]Several minor behind the scenes tweaks/fixes.
    [/LIST]

[U]11-30-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Built with latest CM sources (as of 11-28/11-29).
    [*]Added StatusBar network traffic, ListView animations/Interpolators, Toast animations.
    [*]Fixed advanced reboot menu settings not sticking.
    [*]Fixed capacitive key backlight settings (again).
    [*]Added support for addition Note 3 variants (thanks to @ jcadduono).
    [*]Fixed remounting and writing to /system.
    [*]Added missing Trebuchet permission.
    [*]Enable stylus gestures (not fully tested).
    [*]More changes to support theme/night mode (still [I]far[/I] from complete).
    [*]Various minor behind the scenes tweaks/optimizations.
    [/LIST]

[U]11-23-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added stlport.
    [*]Added SamsungDoze.
    [*]Fixed RIL. SIM card is now detected and should work.
    [*]Changed updater script to allow installation on Canadian and Sprint variants.
    [*]Miscellaneous minor code changes.
    [/LIST]

[U]11-06-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed capacitive key backlight settings.
    [*]Minor code changes/tweaks.
    [*]Video recording, CM File Manager, and capacitive key backlight settings all work now.
    [*]Now includes updated Messages app, battery mode settings, per-app profiles, advanced reboot menu, and a few more new settings/options.
    [/LIST]

[U]10-31-2015[/U]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release.
    [/LIST]

Downloads
    If you don't want to use the BaNkS GApps linked above, you can also use Open GApps. Also, SuperSU is no longer built into the ROM (CM's seems to work flawlessly). For anyone who still wants or needs it, though, you can download and flash this zip:

Older Versions:

Known Issues
    • In-call audio [I[does not work[/I] on the latest posted build. I'm doing all that I can to find the cause and to get it fixed, but in the meantime, if you rely on calls made via your carrier (Hangouts calls still work fine), please use the 1/9 release.

Thanks/Credits
    • CyanogenMod and their contributors for the bulk of the source code.
    • @Temasek for his kernel source.
    • @Lyokacanthrope, @Temasek, and @sparx for the RIL/SIM fixes.
    • @Sheradrax and @booogermonkey for helping with testing.
    • @Chainfire for SuperSU.
    • @BaNkS & Open GApps for the gapps, and @danerrickcuba@gmail.com for supplying the Open GApps link.
    • @daveyannihilation, @sparx, @surge1223, @dwitherell, and the whole Alliance ROM team for support.

Thanks for reading.
    ~Morningstar

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    Morningstar, Sheradrax
    Source Code: https://github.com/AdmireTheDistance

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod 13.0

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.h
    Stable Release Date: 2016-01-28

Created 2015-11-01
    Last Updated 2016-02-04
    ***ATTENTION***

As those of you who have been following this thread know, I haven't been around much, and unfortunately, I don't know if that will change anytime in the immediate future. That being said, @Sheradrax will be officially maintaining the thread for me (as he pretty much has been). I'll still be building and updating this ROM every one to two weeks, and I'll still pop in when time permits, but please try to direct any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. to him, and he'll pass them on to me.

I feel bad that I haven't been able to give this thread the time and attention it (and all of you) deserve, and @Sheradrax is doing me a [highlight]huge[/highlight] favor by helping out, so please be courteous to him. Thank you.​
    ------------------------------------------------------​

Now that that's out of the way, I'm sure everyone wants to know about an update...I almost had one ready a few days ago, but for reasons I still haven't figured out, it only worked if it was dirty flashed over an earlier build; Clean flashing resulted in a bootloop. Two unsuccessful days (and about 20 builds) later, I ended up just squashing the stuff I had added, at least until I can determine the problem.

I've got it back to where everything works as it should, and was hoping to get an update pushed tonight, but I'm not quite finished with a couple minor additions/tweaks, so it won't be up until tomorrow. It will be up tomorrow, though. This time you can count on it lol.

I've also been working on a couple of brand new features/mods that will (initially) be exclusive to this ROM. I'm hoping to have them finished and ready either for the next update (not tomorrow's), or the following one, so stay tuned.

As always, thank you for your support.

~Morningstar
    Just looked over the sources I'm using, and rebuilt, and there are no significant changes yet (and no fixes for the main issues), so I won't be updating the OP at this time. I'll continue to watch the commits pushed to the sources, and as soon as anything significant is changed/fixed, I'll update. In the meantime, I'm going to start adding a few mods/customizations to this. Despite the current limitations and issues, I'm quite impressed with how well this thing performs, and once everything gets worked out, I think it could be a real beast of a ROM.

Also, I don't know all of the different Note 3 variants out there, so if you're on a Snapdragon model and this won't flash for you, let me know what your device's model/name is, and I can fix it.

As for the people trying to use multiboot with this, I'm sorry, but I have never used multiboot and haven't got a clue where to even start looking to fix that. If I have time, I'll try to look into it in the future, but it'll be awhile before that happens.
    Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and let you all know I haven't abandoned this or anything. Just had a reeeaaal busy week lol. I'm gonna try and build again tonight, and once I do, I'll update the OP with a newer version. Also, I haven't read back on any of the posts made since I was last on yet, so if anyone had any questions or anything else for me, be patient, and I'll get to them later this evening.