[5.0+][ROOT][3.6.0] AFWall+ IPTables Firewall [28 AUG 2023]

Search This thread

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Iptables – just utility to configure netflter. And yes, netfilter is a part an linux kernel.
If I were to update the kernel, could this fix the issue? The last real update the kernel I use got is from 4 years ago. I know that it's possible to update the base of the kernel, but I'm not sure how. Would it be easier to adapt the latest LineageOS kernel for my device to work with my preferred version? (Android 10)

BlondeX

Sep 4, 2023
If I were to update the kernel, could this fix the issue? The last real update the kernel I use got is from 4 years ago. I know that it's possible to update the base of the kernel, but I'm not sure how. Would it be easier to adapt the latest LineageOS kernel for my device to work with my preferred version? (Android 10)
I think that no need at all to make any changes in your kernel before you check if iptables works fine without Afwall. Just check it first. Open terminal and type command above and if everything works well without Afwall, then "call the doctor".))

gallegonovato

Feb 25, 2021
Good afternoon:

First of all thank the developer for such a great application.

I wanted to ask you if Afwall works on Lineageos 21?

Or if any update is expected for the new version of Android 14 and Lineageos 21?

Best regards and thanks for your time

BlondeX

Sep 4, 2023
Good afternoon:

Or if any update is expected for the new version of Android 14 and Lineageos 21?

If in Android 14 no big changes in network subsystem, then it's ok to use the latest version of Afwall.

danielzyy

May 21, 2011
Hey guys, long time since I connected to xda, took me like 40 minutes to find the email I registered with so many years ago.

Anyways - I am trying to learn how to use this app and would like some help

The situation is pretty simple, but I've been spending the last 3 days trying to find a solution to this with no luck.

I have a printer at home that I need to be able to access its web interface from my laptop. The printer is in a remote garage with no wifi connectivity what so ever - so I decided to use an old Android phone I had as a hotspot (through LTE\5G).

The Android phone and my laptop are connected to the same wireguard VPN - 10.6.0.0/24.

I managed to share the VPN connection with the printer using VPN Hotspot - and when pinging my laptop from the printer - it works just fine (because the phone, which is the gateway, knows how to reach my laptop through the VPN) - but sadly, the other way around (which is the direction I need) doesn't work and I can't access the printer web interface, running on port 9000, which is my goal here.

I was thinking I need to somehow route all traffic coming to the phone on port, let's say, 9001, to the printer IP address on port 9000.

• laptop wireguard IP is 10.6.0.3
  • phone wireguard IP is 10.6.0.4
  • printer IP is 192.168.146.200 (which it received from the phone)
After more research I discovered the app AFWall+ which seems to allow me to create custom routing rules, but that's where I got stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

BlondeX

Sep 4, 2023
Hey guys, long time since I connected to xda, took me like 40 minutes to find the email I registered with so many years ago.

Anyways - I am trying to learn how to use this app and would like some help

The situation is pretty simple, but I've been spending the last 3 days trying to find a solution to this with no luck.

I have a printer at home that I need to be able to access its web interface from my laptop. The printer is in a remote garage with no wifi connectivity what so ever - so I decided to use an old Android phone I had as a hotspot (through LTE\5G).

The Android phone and my laptop are connected to the same wireguard VPN - 10.6.0.0/24.

I managed to share the VPN connection with the printer using VPN Hotspot - and when pinging my laptop from the printer - it works just fine (because the phone, which is the gateway, knows how to reach my laptop through the VPN) - but sadly, the other way around (which is the direction I need) doesn't work and I can't access the printer web interface, running on port 9000, which is my goal here.

I was thinking I need to somehow route all traffic coming to the phone on port, let's say, 9001, to the printer IP address on port 9000.

• laptop wireguard IP is 10.6.0.3
  • phone wireguard IP is 10.6.0.4
  • printer IP is 192.168.146.200 (which it received from the phone)
After more research I discovered the app AFWall+ which seems to allow me to create custom routing rules, but that's where I got stuck.

Any help would be much appreciated.
If you have success pinging your laptop from the printer, it's mean that there's no connectivity issues between them, so look deeper in your firewall rules on the windows/linux machine.

danielzyy

May 21, 2011
If you have success pinging your laptop from the printer, it's mean that there's no connectivity issues between them, so look deeper in your firewall rules on the windows/linux machine.
There is no connectivity issue but the Windows machine doesn't know to reach the printer.

If I ping the printer IP at 192.168.146.200 my router, or even the VPN server, they don't know how to route this address.

10.6.0.4 is known to the VPN server. 192.168.146.200 isn't.

danielzyy

May 21, 2011
In this case add this address (network) to wireguard server configuration. Or you can add it by typing in terminal:
ip r a 192.168.146.200 via $GW dev $your_vpntunnel_interface
Thank you, it was a great idea, but for some reason one I enable the VPN on the phone - the phone can no longer access the tethered device (need to fix the routing table). I ended up finding a different solution

linolino

Aug 4, 2008
Nuremberg
Good afternoon:

I have an Nokia 6.1 (2018)
AFWall was stable in LOS20 ... but after LOS20 was discontinued, some three weeks later I moved to LOS21 to be save and now AFWall is not stable any longer.
Means it is killed and therefore I have no data any longer, so every now and then I have to start AFWall app (plus apply rules) and have to toggle my data [shield icon in status bar disappears].

Did I miss a setting to keep AFWall alive in LOS21 ?
Hints are appreciated (also if it generally is not stable in A14/LOS21)

Thanks
linolino

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to official support page for AFWall+

Disclaimer - As Usual. I'll not take any responsible if something goes wrong when using AFWall+

Introduction
    AFWall+ is an improved version of DroidWall(front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall). It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G/4G/LTE and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming).Since the original author of Droidwall
    discontinued the project, I decided to keep the app instead of Avast Firewall. I'll continue to add more features as I can.

Features
    - Supports 5.x to 13.x
    - Import/Export Rules to external storage
    - Search Applications
    - Multiple Profiles with custom names
    - Tasker/Locale support
    - Select All/None/Invert/Clear applications with single click
    - Revamped Rules/Logs Viewer with copy/export to external storage
    - Ability to view the network interfaces
    - Highlight system applications with custom color
    - Notify on new installations
    - Ability to hide application icons( faster loading )
    - Use LockPattern for application protection.
    - Show/Hide application ID.
    - Roaming Control for 3G/Edge
    - VPN Control
    - LAN Control
    - Tether Control
    - IPV6 Control
    - Tor Control
    - Choose able languages
    - Choose able iptables/busybox binary
    - Supports MIPS/x86/ARM
    - DNS Hostname

Changelog - See third Post
    Current Version - 3.6.0

To get Unlocker without Google services - Please follow the instructions here

AFWall+ BETA Program
    1) AFWall+ opt-in for beta program
    2) Install AFWall+ and If you have any issues, just send email from (Menu -> Firewall Rules - > Send error report)

Source Code/Wiki/FAQ
    AFWall+ is an free & opensource application
    Github
    Log an issue
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Many Thanks to @CHEF-KOCH

Translations
    Translations - Please help me with translations in your language.
    http://crowdin.net/project/afwall

Thanks To/Credits
    - German translations by chef@xda & user_99@xda & Gronkdalonka@xda
    - French translations by GermainZ@xda & Looki75@xda
    - Russian translations by Kirhe@xda & YaroslavKa78
    - Spanish translations by spezzino@crowdin
    - Dutch translations by DutchWaG@crowdin
    - Japanese translation by nnnn@crowdin
    - Ukrainian translation by andriykopanytsia@crowdin
    - Slovenian translation by bunga bunga@crowdin
    - Chinese Simplified translation by tianchaoren@crowdin
    - Polish translations by tst,Piotr Kowalski@crowdin
    - Swedish translations by CreepyLinguist@crowdin
    - Greek Translations by mpqo@crowdin
    - Portuguese translations by lemor2008@xda
    - Chinese Traditional by shiuan@crowdin
    - Chinese Simplified by wuwufei,tianchaoren @ crowdin
    - Italian translations by benzo@crowdin
    - Romanian tranlations by mysterys3by-facebook@crowdin
    - Czech translations by Syk3s

Cheers,
    ukanth

XDA:DevDB Information
    AFWall+ [ IPTables Firewall ], App for the Android General

Contributors
    ukanth
    Source Code: https://github.com/ukanth/afwall

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3.5.3
    Stable Release Date: 2022-06-28
    Current Beta Version:
    Beta Release Date: 2022-06-28

Created 2013-12-03
    Last Updated 2020-09-05
    Version 3.0.1

* Fix: Status toggle widget 1x1
    * Fix: Ability to hide ongoing notification (Stop firewall and restart to hide after disable it in preferences)
    * Fix: Firewall error notification on oreo and above
    * Security: Tile toggle checks for password
    * User reported crashes
    * Updated translations

Previous version 3.0.0

Features:
    * Better support for nougat/oreo and pie.
    * Firewall toggle tile
    * Adaptive Icons
    * Notification channels
    * Tor support

Bugs:
    * General bug fixes and crash reports.
    * Language selection bug
    * Filter selection bug
    * Compatible with magisk 17.x
    * Better handling of background process
    * Drops support for 4.x devices
    * Update languages
    * Updated libraries

Complete Changelog

Hello All,

After careful analysis and testing, I decided not to rewrite the way rules are being applied due to lot of under hood changes required. Instead added few enhancements. Now applying rules from menu will show how many rules are getting applied with progress status. Also when adding/removing few rules , it will apply only those related rules instead of full apply.

Also fixed couple of bugs and enhancements. You can get the full changelog from https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/blob/beta/Changelog.md

This is BETA Version which is not released on playstore. I have been using this for past week and it's stable. But there might be bugs which I haven't encountered. Please test it and report it in case of any issues.

Also I have been following XPrivacy thread on the decision by it's author. Just as FYI, I might fix it for my own usage when I update to nougat, I will share it here if anybody uses it here.

BETA Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/isvi413qyx6vb4d/AFWall+ 2.9.7-BETA-TESTER.apk?dl=0
    Hello everyone,

I have released 3.0.0 stable on playstore today. It's been a crazy month so far. After going through lot of dilemma of whether to support the existing afwall or write a new one from scratch, finally able to pull myself and release stable version of afwall with lots of bug fixes and new features along with pie support. Since I don't do full time Android development, it was hard to keep track of what's going on with sdk level changes.

Thank you all for your support in AFWall+ development. Without your support it would simply not possible to pull through this.

I will be out for couple of days ( taking off to spend time with my family ) and hopefully will be able to reply to questions once back.

Thanks again and have a great day.
    Hello everyone,

I have released stable version of 3.1.0 to playstore and github. Its live on playstore. You can find the changelog along with md5/sha here

https://github.com/ukanth/afwall/releases/tag/v3.1.0

Thank you all for your continuous support in AFWall+ development.