FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Hangouts Event] Sony Tablet Bootloader Discussion

3,384 posts
Thanks Meter: 610
 
Post Reply Email Thread
On the 1st to the 3rd of September we will discuss on Hangouts about how are we going to get to flash custom ROMs and other stuff such has exploiting/bypassing the bootloader and/or boot process and more.
So how do you join in?, PM me your email address with the subject "STBD" and I shall start the discussion on that day.
When?, on the 1st it would be all day but of course you would have to eat so we would have to have a break there and then get back on, on the 2nd it would be 9AM GMT+01:00 to any time at night.
You can really join every day at 3PM GMT, on the 4th of September I am unable to attend the discussion until further notice.
In the weekends it is ANY time as well just to keep it in a good pace (just remember I am talking about Saturday and Sunday when I say any time!).


Attending List:
@smgdev
@biablo
@psxpetey
@<robin>

Pending List:
@Cat McGowan
@condi
@Zer0

So far:
We found some files which blocks JTags and a unlock key.
I have created a R5A Recovery ADB Driver which works but recovery keeps rejecting most if not some ADB commands.
Go to this thread for the custom driver: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2429662
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolApps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CoolApps Ad-Free
31st August 2013, 09:37 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

On the 1st and the 2nd of August we will discuss on Hangouts about how are we going to get to flash custom ROMs and other stuff such has exploiting/bypassing the bootloader and/or boot process and more.
So how do you join in?, PM me your email address with the subject "STBD" and I shall start the discussion on that day.
When?, on the 1st it would be all day but of course you would have to eat so we would have to have a break there and then get back on, on the 2nd it would be 9AM GMT+01:00 to any time at night.
You can really join on every Saturday and Sunday after that but it is to just keep it in the same pace.


Attending List:
@smgdev

Pending List:
@Cat McGowan
@psxpetey
@condi

We should invite some sony vaio dev guys to convince them actually.
And august? Really?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
31st August 2013, 09:55 PM |#3  
CoolApps's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgdev

We should invite some sony vaio dev guys to convince them actually.
And august? Really?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Just corrected it lol.
I doubt that the Sony VAIO developers would do anything about it since that it is there job to keep it closed or they will get fired.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
31st August 2013, 10:44 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Isn't there any senior developer who is leading them? We can talk about about their behaviours.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
31st August 2013, 10:50 PM |#5  
CoolApps's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgdev

Isn't there any senior developer who is leading them? We can talk about about their behaviours.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

I remember seeing someone from Sony Mobile on XDA Developers but the problem is that they are not from Sony VAIO and I forgot their username, we are talking about around 2011.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
31st August 2013, 10:59 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Hangouts Event] Sony Tablet Bootloader Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

I remember seeing someone from Sony Mobile on XDA Developers but the problem is that they are not from Sony VAIO and I forgot their username, we are talking about around 2011.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Just remembered, there was a peter guy at the sts community.?
Edit:Zerocwel had a chat with him while ago.About issues.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
31st August 2013, 11:04 PM |#7  
CoolApps's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgdev

Just remembered, there was a peter guy at the sts community.?
Edit:Zerocwel had a chat with him while ago.About issues.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Sorry, I am in a "party" which I really dislike. :/
Peter is the community manager so the problem is that he may not be able to really help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
31st August 2013, 11:08 PM |#8  
CoolApps's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Just a quick thing to put out there, the R5A recovery now uses some other protocol instead of ADB so it is still exploitable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
31st August 2013, 11:23 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 48
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

Sorry, I am in a "party" which I really dislike. :/
Peter is the community manager so the problem is that he may not be able to really help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Lol




Quote:
Originally Posted by andyabc

Just a quick thing to put out there, the R5A recovery now uses some other protocol instead of ADB so it is still exploitable.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Let me put out one more, Sony automagic app can flash ota files directly from recovery and this package contains recovery flashing process graphics in its assets.


Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
31st August 2013, 11:37 PM |#10  
CoolApps's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 610
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smgdev

Lol






Let me put out one more, Sony automagic app can flash ota files directly from recovery and this package contains recovery flashing process graphics in its assets.


Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app

Yeah, that would be the script to automatically start installing the OTA.
The OTA is in the cache partition to be there temporarily.
Why did Sony call it Auto"Magic"? :P
Anyway it's the best that we talk about this tomorrow on Hangouts or this would become the new hangouts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
2nd September 2013, 02:21 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Is it possible to keep us "up to date" about the discussion results? I'm realy interessted in that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes