[Q] KatKiss 4.4.2 no Thai language support?

Search This thread

isara

Jul 17, 2013
I upgrade my TF101 from 4.3 to KatKiss 4.4.2 build 016 by Timduru (great rom :good:), I found that there is no Thai language in language menu. The system can not display any Thai font, so I can not reading any page or note that write in Thai language. Is it possible to include Thai Language in the package?

I found that in 4.3 rom there have "DroidSansThai.ttf" in the "/system/fonts" folder, but it missing in 4.4, so I use the following workaround.
1. copy "DroidSansThai.ttf" to "/system/fonts"
2. modify fallback_fonts.xml file in /system/etc by add this section in to the file.
-<family>
-<fileset>
<file>DroidSansThai.ttf</file>
</fileset>
</family>

3. reboot
So now i can use Thai right now, but it should be better if it include in this rom ;)

Reactions: timduru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I upgrade my TF101 from 4.3 to KatKiss 4.4.2 build 016 by Timduru (great rom :good:), I found that there is no Thai language in language menu. The system can not display any Thai font, so I can not reading any page or note that write in Thai language. Is it possible to include Thai Language in the package?

I found that in 4.3 rom there have "DroidSansThai.ttf" in the "/system/fonts" folder, but it missing in 4.4, so I use the following workaround.
    1. copy "DroidSansThai.ttf" to "/system/fonts"
    2. modify fallback_fonts.xml file in /system/etc by add this section in to the file.
    -<family>
    -<fileset>
    <file>DroidSansThai.ttf</file>
    </fileset>
    </family>

3. reboot
    So now i can use Thai right now, but it should be better if it include in this rom ;)
    It will be added in #018
    Test with build 018, Thai language is working. :good:
    Thank you Timduru.