Screen Protectors

Search This thread

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
It goes nearly to the edge, but not quite the edge. You won't notice it, though. Unless I got a defective protector, the one thing I am not too pleased about the XtremeGuard protector is the orange peel surface. I want it crystal clear.

Thanks for the insight i was close to purchasing it but i just got around to reading your post, i HATE orange peel surface feel thanks for the heads up. Going with ghost armor heard good things about it little to no orange peel effect.

crikeycrapper

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks for the insight i was close to purchasing it but i just got around to reading your post, i HATE orange peel surface feel thanks for the heads up. Going with ghost armor heard good things about it little to no orange peel effect.

Before I got the XtremeGuard, I used this screen protector and it seems to be the best screen protector out there for the DNA. It was really crystal clear. I had to scrap it since too much lint got in from using the Ballistic SG Case which kept on peeling up the sides of the screen protector. The seller seems to be out of stock but if you email, the seller might give you an idea if they are gonna have more. It was worth the $6 I paid for.

Reactions: thunderbolt33

thunderbolt33

Feb 17, 2012
Silver Spring
Fwiw.... Any firm... Dry apply screen protector to my knowledge...will not cover the beveled edges. Especially using a tight fit tpu case. I am using a GhostArmor wet apply screen protector...(clear). They do make a matte one. After proper application...use no case for 24 hrs...then you are good to go. GhostArmor to me is the best...no orange peal look and the verizon black super thin tpu case begins where the ghost armor ends. I for one am very pleased. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Does the ghost armor screen protector provide edge to edge protection? Like does it cover the entire front of the phone? Screen and bezels and buttons?

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Is there anyone who used the Xtremeguard screen protector with the Diztronic tpu cover?? After applying the screen protector when I try to put the diztronic case, my screen protector from the corners starts peeling off!! Its so annoying and I tired to tuck the screen protector under the case.. but the diztronic case is just too snug and perfect fitting that it starts peeling off the screen protector.. has anyone had this issue??

I fought with mine and was able to get it on without any of the screen protector lifting away from the glass.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

same thing happened with my Skinomi TechSkin. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

the actual screen protector is perfect. hugs curved edges with extreme precision. covers entire glass surface perfectly. easy to apply/align with the small camera cutout. I couldn't even tell it was applied.

I waited 12 hours, from application till my attempt to put the diztronic case on it. fail-city....corner peeled. like you, I tried to tuck and get away with that minor flaw. made it worse.
trying to place phone inside case at different angle, more carefully, ended up the same.

maybe I should have waited longer.

Yeah I used this screen protector as well it was my first time with a screen protector where you have to apply it with solution and I as well have the diztronic case and after a long hard fight with it I was able to get it on without it peeling away however I put the case on about 20 mins after I put the screen protector on now that the case is on and the screen protector it is drying with the phone off for the next 12.

feanor3

Apr 28, 2010
ArmorSuit

Has anyone tried the ArmorSuit protector? Supposed to have lifetime replacements?

cc16177

Mar 13, 2009
Has anyone tried the ArmorSuit protector? Supposed to have lifetime replacements?

I used armor suit on my tablet and while I preferred the look and texture slightly compared to zagg it scratched MUCH easier.

After two months of using the armor suit I ended up just buying a zagg for it and after a year it still looks great.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

blackstallion

Jan 6, 2011
Skinomi right now 60% off with coupon vday2013 and free shipping. Comes out to $4.78.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Ajj915

Jun 18, 2010
Tampa
I ended up going sans screen protector. They all seem to attract fingerprints. The glass on this phone must be oleophobic. I would love to find one that resists fingerprints if anyone knows of any.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

Not sure iff 70OFF1 is still working, but there is a new one 80off3
    screen protector

The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector is the best!
    Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.
    I am patiently waiting for sgp steinheil, and a decent sleeve.
    Do any of you guys that don't have screen protectors on have any scratches yet? I know it is not supposed to scratch but that's not always the case. I currently have the Verizon one on mine.

I work in construction sites a lot. And I use my flash light app a lot. I will sometimes lay my phone screen down above the ceiling. There is always metal shavings and chunks of cement up there and I do not have the smallest hint of a scratch on my screen. I have also dropped it on concrete and asphalt, still nothing.

I honestly think it is a sales gimmick.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2