HTC HD3 news

Search This thread

denstr77

May 13, 2009
some news from asia about htc hd3 some one translate pleas....

digi.tech.qq.com/a/20100120/000557.htm

Last edited:

gogol

May 20, 2005
Absolutely!

I dont want to have false hope ... This is too good to be true!

4.5" screen ... how big is the device? I will be happy if it will NOT be bigger than current HD2.

Thinking now, what could be the unexpected downside? No 3D accelerated driver? *lol*

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
maybe,but apollo is as ugly as all hell.....oh man just look at it...just look how tiny the display looks compared to the whole device...

if that display 3.8...imagine the diagonal of the device...

ivanmatz

Sep 11, 2009
I wonder how good the battery would be. I have seen in HD's past model the battery drain is a big issue

moxycalt

Jul 26, 2009
THIS IS SICK !!!!! :eek: It will NEVER get here in Canada :mad::mad::mad: this will be the perfect phone.

Shasarak

Aug 7, 2009
London
4% an hour, I'm getting over two days from my battery..
It depends what you're doing with it, obviously. I'm keeping 3G turned on in a weak signal area, checking for stock updates every 5 minutes, weather updates every 15, internet time sync on, Location service on, push email enabled for an exchange server and for a hotmail account, and checking for emails on an ISP account every 5 minutes. That lot uses up 4% of battery per hour in stand-by.

If you're not doing that much, obviously your battery will last longer. :) If I turn all of that lot off so the data connection isn't being used at all, turn off 3G, sever the data connection, and have it do nothing at all except listen out for phone calls and text messages, then it'll go down only 4% in 9 or 10 hours.

Conversely, before I did my last hard reset, I twice saw it go from 100% to zero in less than 9 hours while in stand-by all the time. :eek: I still haven't quite worked out what it was I installed that did that! Task manager and 1% battery icons, maybe....

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
Someone lied. Mine burns 4% of the battery per hour even in stand-by, and that's just after having done a hard reset to make sure there was no potentially battery-draining software installed on it.

GSMARENA had this to say, "Our dedicated battery test indicated that the HTC HD2 in-box battery performance was pretty decent indeed so we guess the extended one should be able to take you through a day even if you don’t let it rest for a second."

Here are some links:
LINK 1
LINK 2

Anyways, the HD3 news is fake (but when Xperia X10 was announced, I too thought that it was fake). But this 1 seems way too fake to be true.

WatermelonSlim

Jul 8, 2005
I think the leak is a fake (or at least not entirely accurate).

I would love to see something like that with a slide out keyboard and tilting screen though (a Touch Pro 3). And forget the Wimax, give it to me on T-Mobile's HSPA+. Sprint's Wimax has very little coverage, and is expanding the coverage area at a snail's pace (only 5 cities scheduled to get wimax in 2010)...

jigners

Apr 27, 2009
Swansea
just wishfull thinking:p

4 inches multitouch capacitative screen
1.5 ghz cpu
dedicated graphics processor
qwerty keyboard close to the touch pro2
Windows mobile 7 (if its really thhat good)

ivanmatz

Sep 11, 2009
HD or HD2? Someone told me HD2 had an excellent battery lifetime.

The battery life in HD2 isn't that different, still if this HD3 is for real I wonder how quick the battery would drain with 1.5GHz processor. Instead Asus has much better model the P835 has got good battery life (personal choice).