[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | EVO 4G LTE

Search This thread

amars1983

Oct 20, 2007
Just wanted to say awesome job! Used it tonight on my wife's phone with windows 8 64-bit. Made the whole process much quicker having everything in one place. Also great job with making the changes to not have the s-off integrated and getting the thread re-opened so quickly. Thanks!

guitarman584

Jul 20, 2009
Some, Where
I've tried the Backup feature on the ADB tab but the file it says will be in the Backups folder isn't there. The backup completes successfully but no file shows up. I really want to root my phone but I want to backup some data first. Any ideas? I've installed the ADB drivers already.

Madrox1244

Mar 21, 2011
Tried dirty racun button nothing happened supercid goes to a command prompt and then disappears

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: laureano52

tommyjoesanders

Aug 12, 2013
Can someone mirror this tool. When I download it . There is always error when I unzip it. Thanks

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
Just a note on the download link

I figured I would post this bit of info. For long-time XDA users who might have chosen to view the site in classic mode, there's no tabs/download link. I had to hit the page with ...shudder... internet explorer ...shudder... to see the download link.

Might want to include under downloads a direct link: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=552 as well as telling them to hit the downloads tab.

mildlydisturbed

Oct 28, 2010
Nashville
I've attached screenshots of the classic and new layout in case you have any questions as to why people keep wondering what is up.

xda-issue.jpg

kennymase

Sep 2, 2010
Ramseur
Google Pixel 5
This is a GUI program built using C# in Visual Studio 2013 that takes advantage of ADB and Fastboot commands and puts them into an easy-to-use toolkit. I will be continually developing it and trying out new features, so feel free to request any features you may want. Keep in mind that I am only 16 and have only been coding in C# since June, so I may not be able to implement every requested feature, and if it is possible, I may require assistance from our more skilled members. Any and all criticism is welcome, from the handling of a certain function to the misalignment of a button. I'm a neat freak myself, so no issue is too small! I hope you enjoy the toolkit! :fingers-crossed:​

xssLumc.png

This toolkit uses the WinDroid HTC One X+ Toolkit as a base, so most features are universal besides the recoveries and S-OFF functions. If there is a feature, function or command that is more specific to the EVO 4G LTE that would improve the toolkit, please let me know! :fingers-crossed:

FEATURES
  • Drag and Drop Files
  • Full Bootloader Unlock
  • Flash Custom Recovery
  • Flash Custom Kernel
  • Flash System, Data and Radio Images
  • Gain Permanent Root
  • Install Busybox
  • Sideload ROM's
  • Push and Pull Files
  • Install and Uninstall APK's
  • Full Backup and Restore
  • Get Logcats
  • Relock Bootloader
  • Write SuperCID
  • Flash Stock RUU
  • Custom ADB and Fastboot Commands
  • and many more!

DOWNLOAD

CHECK THE DOWNLOADS TAB AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!

CHANGELOG

v1.2

• Fixed broken button
  • General code cleanup

v1.1

• Updated CWM to latest version
  • Added third S-OFF Method
  • Added extra instructions for specific Hboot's to clear up any issues or confusion

v1.0

• Initial Release!

FUTURE FEATURES
  • AndroidLib Support (Tried, but won't work. Help?)
  • Wireless ADB
  • More robust Fastboot options
  • Make a recommendation!

CREDITS

NOTE
The DirtyRacun and Moonshine S-OFF methods have been included within compliance of their terms. They are merely links to the respective threads within the forum.

XDA:DevDB Information
WinDroid HTC EVO 4G LTE Toolkit, a Tool/Utility for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
WindyCityRockr

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-09

Created 2013-09-19
Last Updated 2013-09-19

can this flash the touch panel firmware also or do i have to do it through the phone's bootloader?

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
I figured I would post this bit of info. For long-time XDA users who might have chosen to view the site in classic mode, there's no tabs/download link. I had to hit the page with ...shudder... internet explorer ...shudder... to see the download link.

Might want to include under downloads a direct link: http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=552 as well as telling them to hit the downloads tab.

Thanks for the tip! A direct link has been added to the OP.

Reactions: Gnexd

nateandjess07

Aug 18, 2012
St. Peters
Instructions

Are there Instructions to go along with this? Would love to use this but want to make sure I am doing everything in the right order so as to not brick my phone, don't want to go back to the Evo Shift lol. I already have my bootloader unlocked through HTC Dev.

QUOTE=WindyCityRockr;45390305]
This is a GUI program built using C# in Visual Studio 2013 that takes advantage of ADB and Fastboot commands and puts them into an easy-to-use toolkit. I will be continually developing it and trying out new features, so feel free to request any features you may want. Keep in mind that I am only 16 and have only been coding in C# since June, so I may not be able to implement every requested feature, and if it is possible, I may require assistance from our more skilled members. Any and all criticism is welcome, from the handling of a certain function to the misalignment of a button. I'm a neat freak myself, so no issue is too small! I hope you enjoy the toolkit! :fingers-crossed:​

xssLumc.png

This toolkit uses the WinDroid HTC One X+ Toolkit as a base, so most features are universal besides the recoveries and S-OFF functions. If there is a feature, function or command that is more specific to the EVO 4G LTE that would improve the toolkit, please let me know! :fingers-crossed:

FEATURES
  • Drag and Drop Files
  • Full Bootloader Unlock
  • Flash Custom Recovery
  • Flash Custom Kernel
  • Flash System, Data and Radio Images
  • Gain Permanent Root
  • Install Busybox
  • Sideload ROM's
  • Push and Pull Files
  • Install and Uninstall APK's
  • Full Backup and Restore
  • Get Logcats
  • Relock Bootloader
  • Write SuperCID
  • Flash Stock RUU
  • Custom ADB and Fastboot Commands
  • and many more!

DOWNLOAD

WinDroid HTC EVO 4G LTE Toolkit 1.2.zip

CHANGELOG

v1.2

• Fixed broken button
  • General code cleanup

v1.1

• Updated CWM to latest version
  • Added third S-OFF Method
  • Added extra instructions for specific Hboot's to clear up any issues or confusion

v1.0

• Initial Release!

FUTURE FEATURES
  • AndroidLib Support (Tried, but won't work. Help?)
  • Wireless ADB
  • More robust Fastboot options
  • Make a recommendation!

CREDITS

NOTE
The DirtyRacun and Moonshine S-OFF methods have been included within compliance of their terms. They are merely links to the respective threads within the forum.

XDA:DevDB Information
WinDroid HTC EVO 4G LTE Toolkit, a Tool/Utility for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Contributors
WindyCityRockr

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1.0
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-09

Created 2013-09-19
Last Updated 2013-09-27[/QUOTE]

Version 2.0 is now up! Check it out and provide feedback on the new design! :highfive:
Thanks for the continued support! Do you know if the recent EVO LTE update 3.17.651.4 blocks ROOT or S-OFF? I don't want to accept before I know otherwise I'll skip it. If it doesn't I'll do the update and then run the S-OFF as supposedly this new update has new radio's for HD voice? Anyone who has more info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

5th

Thanks for the continued support! Do you know if the recent EVO LTE update 3.17.651.4 blocks ROOT or S-OFF? I don't want to accept before I know otherwise I'll skip it. If it doesn't I'll do the update and then run the S-OFF as supposedly this new update has new radio's for HD voice? Anyone who has more info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

5th
No one has any info?

Thanks,

5th :(

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
I just got a replacement EVO today and I haven't rooted anything since I first got this device A LONG time ago (it seems). I just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. I have Software version 3.16.651.3 710RD and Hardware Version 003 so I'm assuming this will work. It seems like I'll essentially be clicking down the buttons in order with my phone plugged in. If that's true, you're my savior! I've been so far out of the rooting world for so long I feel like a complete novice again...except that I still can't stand Sense! haha

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Dan, long time no see. I haven't used it, so I can't be specific, but that IS the SW version others were using it for. When it gets to the S-off part, and links take you to dirty racun, 3.16 IS supported. 3.17 status is unknown, so don't take any OTA updates first.

Reactions: Greenfieldan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Must one have the SDK set up properly first? Like adb fastboot and paths set up first?

No, on first start the toolkit automatically asks to download the necessary ADB and Fastboot files. Getting the toolkit working requires no work on your end. ;)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Reserved

Reserved.
    Updated to version 1.1! Added instructions and another method for S-OFF. Hopefully this should fix any issues people had with attaining S-OFF.:fingers-crossed:
    Just an FYI CWM does not play nice with the EvoLTE :D
    Wow! Awesome work my friend! I will be needing this shortly to root a friends phone. Thank you for sharing.

Sent from a haunted carbon image of an EVO LTE