Gain root access on the latest 1.55.531.3 update, ONLY IF you are S-OFF

2,130 posts
Thanks Meter: 321

By yogi2010, Account currently disabled on 8th January 2012, 02:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2012, 12:28 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
how do i upgrade to the latest OTA if i'm already on a rooted stock ROM?

14th January 2012, 12:44 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedel!k

Well, since nobody has made a custom rom with the latest OTA bits, you will have to do what I did:

You'll need to downgrade yourself with the stock PG59IMG.zip, putting that file (found here) on the root of your sdcard and booting into the bootloader.

That will basically return your phone to stock and, IIRC, revert your status to S-OFF Locked. Then you'll need to boot up and check for system updates. You'll definitely be given the first small OTA update, but you very likely wont receive the latest OTA update via system updates.

For that you'll need to download it (from here) and flash it through the stock recovery. Once you've done that you can use the instructions in this thread to re-flash clockworkmod recovery and re-root.

Your phone will still be S-OFF but you'll have a locked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to HebrewToYou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HebrewToYou Ad-Free
14th January 2012, 02:40 AM |#13  
Beyond The Thunderdome
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Still can't figure out what I need to do to root my phone. That's on hboot 1.45.0013
Guess I might have to wait til Revo find a fix for it.
14th January 2012, 07:39 PM |#14  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot205

Still can't figure out what I need to do to root my phone. That's on hboot 1.45.0013
Guess I might have to wait til Revo find a fix for it.

Are you s-off?
14th January 2012, 08:21 PM |#15  
Beyond The Thunderdome

More
No my phone is not

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
14th January 2012, 10:33 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewToYou

Your phone will still be S-OFF but you'll have a locked bootloader.

so does that mean i won't be able to restore a custom rom image?
14th January 2012, 11:02 PM |#17  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:

so does that mean i won't be able to restore a custom rom image?

Since you're S-OFF, you could flash ClockworkMod on the update and then flash a custom ROM, but I believe that would leave you with an old ROM and the new radio, which seems to have caused issues for people. Since there aren't yet any custom ROMs based on the latest update, you should probably stay where you are if you want a custom ROM. But if you do install the update, you would still be able to downgrade and get back to where you are now.
14th January 2012, 11:44 PM |#18  
Beyond The Thunderdome

More
Wonder how long it will/could be before revo crack the current HBOOT

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
15th January 2012, 10:02 PM |#19  
Flag Palm Springs, CA
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:

You could run this ROM, which is based on the latest OTA release from HTC, so no OTA updates are needed. It is optimized, deodexed, and tweaked just a tad. I use it as my daily driver with great success. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12063-dev...odexed-crtgpu/
15th January 2012, 11:54 PM |#20  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

You could run this ROM, which is based on the latest OTA release from HTC, so no OTA updates are needed. It is optimized, deodexed, and tweaked just a tad. I use it as my daily driver with great success. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12063-dev...odexed-crtgpu/

I think possibly we've been thru this before, lol, but that ROM isn't the very latest... there has been a pretty big update since then that thus far is only available as an official OTA update package.
16th January 2012, 12:32 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

As yogi pointed out, this is indeed not the latest OTA released for the device. I'm fairly certain that the linked rom is just stock + security update.

Additionally, here's the latest from T-Mobile:
Quote:

Beginning January 9, the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide update to version 1.55.531.3 has been paused. HTC has stated they paused the update to improve performance on the new software version.

You cannot download the update manually nor receive it as an OTA. There is not yet a date that the update will resume.

We will update this page immediately when more information is available.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)