Thanks Meter: 321

By yogi2010, Account currently disabled on 8th January 2012, 02:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th January 2012, 12:32 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

You could run this ROM, which is based on the latest OTA release from HTC, so no OTA updates are needed. It is optimized, deodexed, and tweaked just a tad. I use it as my daily driver with great success. http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12063-dev...odexed-crtgpu/

As yogi pointed out, this is indeed not the latest OTA released for the device. I'm fairly certain that the linked rom is just stock + security update.

Additionally, here's the latest from T-Mobile:
Quote:

Beginning January 9, the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide update to version 1.55.531.3 has been paused. HTC has stated they paused the update to improve performance on the new software version.

You cannot download the update manually nor receive it as an OTA. There is not yet a date that the update will resume.

We will update this page immediately when more information is available.

17th January 2012, 01:52 AM |#22  
Flag KCK
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Awesome! Running 1.55.531.3, and fully rooted! Thanks for the Tip!

I'm quite happy running just the Stock ROM. I feel I have a better experience if I go stock and apply my own tweaks
17th January 2012, 02:03 AM |#23  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansl

Awesome! Running 1.55.531.3, and fully rooted! Thanks for the Tip!

I'm quite happy running just the Stock ROM. I feel I have a better experience if I go stock and apply my own tweaks

Yeah, I think the stock ROM runs great, and especially with the latest update. What kind of tweaks do you do, if I may ask? Haha
17th January 2012, 02:06 AM |#24  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Additionally, here's the [URL="http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-3045"

latest[/URL] from T-Mobile:

Yeah, I saw that they pulled the update. I'm hoping they did it to fix the bootloader unlocking problem.... it wouldn't seem that there is anything seriously wrong with the update, since it is running beautifully otherwise
17th January 2012, 02:44 AM |#25  
Flag KCK

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010

Yeah, I think the stock ROM runs great, and especially with the latest update. What kind of tweaks do you do, if I may ask? Haha

Nothing too crazy... Mostly remove TONS of bloat and apps... pretty much anything that won't crash the phone I've uninstalled, then went through and replaced most of the functional apps. I'll list what I've replaced below.

Rosie Launcher replaced with GoLauncher
Sense Lockscreen replaced with WidgetLocker
HTC Messaging app replaced with GoSMS
HTC Weather app replaced with BeWeather
HTC Browser replaced with Miren Browser
PicoTTS replaced with SVOX Classic (Grace)
HTC Music replaced with Spotify/Winamp

Also applied my own Splash and Boot/Shutdown Animations. And made genius button a search button.
17th January 2012, 03:09 AM |#26  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:

Nothing too crazy... Mostly remove TONS of bloat and apps... pretty much anything that won't crash the phone I've uninstalled, then went through and replaced most of the functional apps. I'll list what I've replaced below.

Rosie Launcher replaced with GoLauncher
Sense Lockscreen replaced with WidgetLocker
HTC Messaging app replaced with GoSMS
HTC Weather app replaced with BeWeather
HTC Browser replaced with Miren Browser
PicoTTS replaced with SVOX Classic (Grace)
HTC Music replaced with Spotify/Winamp

Also applied my own Splash and Boot/Shutdown Animations. And made genius button a search button.

That's cool, that's nothing too crazy I guess, but it's practically a custom ROM. Lol.
17th January 2012, 03:33 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010

That's cool, that's nothing too crazy I guess, but it's practically a custom ROM. Lol.

Yeah, I don't get it...

I rooted and [lightly] de-bloated my OTA build; based on the above list dansl might as well flash one of Undead's roms.

It takes all kinds...
17th January 2012, 04:46 AM |#28  
Flag KCK

Donate to Me
More
Ha, i guess it is quite an overhaul... But a lot of the other roms do a lot of changes in the framework and seem to cause instability, I've kept mine minor and have never had any issues or crashes. :P
17th January 2012, 05:09 AM |#29  
Flag Los Angeles, CA

More
Quote:

Ha, i guess it is quite an overhaul... But a lot of the other roms do a lot of changes in the framework and seem to cause instability, I've kept mine minor and have never had any issues or crashes. :P

That makes sense
17th January 2012, 09:38 PM |#30  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 14

More
It worked for me. I had to use the trackball to use the recovery options. When I would press the power button I would get
a picture of a guy with a M on his shirt. Just a word of caution.
Thank you OP you saved my phone.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to billwinkle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billwinkle Ad-Free
20th January 2012, 09:10 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm on the last step to unlock my bootloader but for some reason the unlock bootloader disclaimer isn't showing up on my phone and I've done everything on my command prompt correct. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)