[MOD] SoftKeys for ICS/JB Roms

Search This thread

RL77LUC

Oct 5, 2009
Trilport
Hi !

I've made a little zip, based on SGS3 Softkeys enabler for my Nexus S, because my capacitive keys are broken. This zip enable Softkeys.
It works on Nexus S, and should work on Nexus S 4G. I've installed it with CWM 6.0.1.0 in CM10, and it works.

Tested on :
- CM10 : Works
- Knzo's AOSP Strawberry : Works (thanks to af.wirapraja for the report)
- MIUI 2.8 : Works (thanks to dollabillgates for the report)
- ParanoidAndroid : Doesn't work (NOT SURE, need more reports !! Thanks to danielfg87 for the report)

FAQ :
- How can I disable the backlight ? Use BLD (Backlight Dimmer). It's a features from kernels (like Air Kernel or Matr1x). Set time of BLD to 0 with NSTools.
- Can you change the size of the buttons ? Sorry, but no. Because change size of buttons is possible, but only with one mod per rom, and few modifications. Ask other members or do it yourself.
- Can you customize the navbar ? Change color or other things ? No ! It needs framework-res modifications, and like size of buttons, it's only one per rom. Codename Android can do that !

Screenshot :
screenshot2012100415311.png

If you can test it on some ROMs, it would be very great !

Thanks !

PS: Sorry for my very bad english ...

Attachments

• Softkeys-Enabler-crespo.zip
    221.5 KB · Views: 3,904
  • Softkeys-Disabler-crespo.zip
    221.5 KB · Views: 1,521
Last edited:

af.wirapraja

Apr 7, 2011
Jakarta
www.facebook.com
works great on knzo's straberry ! marvellous !

anyone knows how to fully disable the capacitive backlight?

i've disabled the capacitive touch button key remap from a flashable zip from this thread but can't fully disable the light :(

Last edited:
Reactions: RL77LUC

RL77LUC

Oct 5, 2009
Trilport

i've disabled the capacitive touch button key remap from a flashable zip from this thread but can't fully disable the light :(

Just download a kernel with BLD (& set time to 0 with NSTools).

Can you make a disabler? Otherwise good job

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

I've put a disabler in the main post, but I've havn't test it. Could you try it and report me ? Thx.

Last edited:

beekiller1

Sep 13, 2012
Avondale
Been using for a few hours so far on cm10 01/3 been running pretty good so far

beekiller1

Sep 13, 2012
Avondale

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349327776587.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349327776587.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 987

saxena.siddhu

Apr 14, 2011
hey man thanks for the mod really... but there's just one little problem ... umm the buttons are pretty big..!! they can be a little small... can you do it or tell me how to do it... because some days back i had another soft keys mod on my phone and the keys were the perfect size... thnx in advance ! :D

beekiller1

Sep 13, 2012
Avondale
hey man thanks for the mod really... but there's just one little problem ... umm the buttons are pretty big..!! they can be a little small... can you do it or tell me how to do it... because some days back i had another soft keys mod on my phone and the keys were the perfect size... thnx in advance ! :D

Its not my mod bro Im just using it :) but I can tell you its not really bad at all

RL77LUC

Oct 5, 2009
Trilport

I can't do anything for that, because with my mod, we can only set navbar at 0 or 1 (from build.prop). To change size, we need to change some things in framework-res.apk, and it will not be compatible with all ROMs. Buttons are in standard size (like the GNexus).

For the light, use BLD !

Articudos

Dec 20, 2011

As far as I remember,
Look for systemui.apk/res/values/dimens.xml

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

beekiller1

Sep 13, 2012
Avondale
Hey this is the only bug I found when you do voice its full screen

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349366477878.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349366477878.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 261

nhoc_maruko9x

Oct 6, 2011
Hanoi
Google Pixel 4 XL
I use nstools to disable backlight button by set bld to zero, but it doesn't really work. When I touch a key, 3 others light up for a little bit time (light up then off immediately). Anyone has this problem too?

Sent from my Nexus S using a bad English pronunciation.

beekiller1

Sep 13, 2012
Avondale
I use nstools to disable backlight button by set bld to zero, but it doesn't really work. When I touch a key, 3 others light up for a little bit time (light up then off immediately). Anyone has this problem too?

I found out the best time set it to 55 and it won't blink

Sent from my Nexus S

Reactions: nhoc_maruko9x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

I've made a little zip, based on SGS3 Softkeys enabler for my Nexus S, because my capacitive keys are broken. This zip enable Softkeys.
    It works on Nexus S, and should work on Nexus S 4G. I've installed it with CWM 6.0.1.0 in CM10, and it works.

Tested on :
    - CM10 : Works
    - Knzo's AOSP Strawberry : Works (thanks to af.wirapraja for the report)
    - MIUI 2.8 : Works (thanks to dollabillgates for the report)
    - ParanoidAndroid : Doesn't work (NOT SURE, need more reports !! Thanks to danielfg87 for the report)

FAQ :
    - How can I disable the backlight ? Use BLD (Backlight Dimmer). It's a features from kernels (like Air Kernel or Matr1x). Set time of BLD to 0 with NSTools.
    - Can you change the size of the buttons ? Sorry, but no. Because change size of buttons is possible, but only with one mod per rom, and few modifications. Ask other members or do it yourself.
    - Can you customize the navbar ? Change color or other things ? No ! It needs framework-res modifications, and like size of buttons, it's only one per rom. Codename Android can do that !

Screenshot :
    screenshot2012100415311.png

If you can test it on some ROMs, it would be very great !

Thanks !

PS: Sorry for my very bad english ...
    Can you make a disabler? Otherwise good job

Now we need a way to keep the lights off for good

I found out the best time set it to 55 and it won't blink

Sent from my Nexus S