Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Alright fellas.

No more major UI changes for my app. Please contribute to it!! It needs a Readme, and a .gitignore file, translations need to be done, and maybe some more buttons and theming. The possibilities are endless!

(Check out my github to follow any changes in the future)

:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: lovejoy777

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Alright fellas.

No more major UI changes for my app. Please contribute to it!! It needs a Readme, and a .gitignore file, translations need to be done, and maybe some more buttons and theming. The possibilities are endless!

I'll try to translate it today into Estonian and Finnish language. :)
So only these are needed to translate?:
https://github.com/MBQsniper/MBQsCPUGuide/blob/master/res/values/strings.xml

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Reactions: Carlos_Manuel

montez.061-

Feb 7, 2011
I don't understand but I do understand lol. Not to be disrespectful but how is pressing back and not going "back" not an issue"

You good. You just Swype from left side of screen..'gesture as opposed to a button....I like it better...And back takes you back....to the beginning, but not where you came from. To get where you came from just pull up previous menu from left side

Reactions: MBQ_

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
I believe so.

Take your time though :)

If I were to make it a community on github, would you like to be a member? (You'd be able to merge stuff as you please without having to submit pull requests first)

OK :)

And of course I would like to be a member! :cool:

A bit off topic..
Is it possible to build CM9 with Linaro's tooclhain 4.7 for ARMv6 device which has unofficial Android (CPU S3C6410)? :D
And is it safe to build second ROM from another sources in system2 folder? or does it break some repo files from original system folder? :)

Thanks! :cool:

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com

And of course I would like to be a member! :cool:

A bit off topic..
Is it possible to build CM9 with Linaro's tooclhain 4.7 for ARMv6 device which has unofficial Android (CPU S3C6410)? :D
And is it safe to build second ROM from another sources in system2 folder? or does it break some repo files from original system folder? :)

Thanks! :cool:

Ill keep that in mind! :good:

No, I don't think you can... And, what do you mean by 'system2 folder'?

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Ill keep that in mind! :good:

No, I don't think you can... And, what do you mean by 'system2 folder'?

well.. I have CM10.1 source files in /android/system/ folder for my ROM and 'system2' would be another folder in /HOME/*/android/ for CM9 sources to build CM9 in that folder. :)
Then I don't have to have SDK tool folders in another directory. :D

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com

well.. I have CM10.1 source files in /android/system/ folder for my ROM and 'system2' would be another folder in /HOME/*/android/ for CM9 sources to build CM9 in that folder. :)
Then I don't have to have SDK tool folders in another directory. :D

I'd definitely make sure each is separated. To prevent problems

Hetalk

Sep 30, 2011
Ahmedabad
Alright fellas.

Back from a mini vacation. :D
I checked github and you've got a lot of stuff out there. I thought I made a readme file, but dont see it now. Did you redo the complete project?
Where can i get the latest apk from?:confused:

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
Yep. :D when I have enough money then I'll try to buy new PC.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Back from a mini vacation. :D
I checked github and you've got a lot of stuff out there. I thought I made a readme file, but dont see it now. Did you redo the complete project?
Where can i get the latest apk from?:confused:

I made you both a member of the organization :)

I did redo the entire thing, and, I'll have one for you later today!

Sheetzie03

Waiting for a xy update

Still waiting for a xy update

Yo My man, I'm sure MBQ seen the first 'waiting for an XY update' He clearly stated a few times why he hasn't been as active. I feel you though. He has spoiled us in the past with all the awesome frequent updates, but chill, posting this and 13 hours later adding 'still' in front of 'waiting for an XY update' isn't helping. I'm sure he'll get to it when he can bro:)

No disrespect was meant here, like I said I feel you. Maybe try some other **** while you wait. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

biernut

Jul 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I don't understand but I do understand lol. Not to be disrespectful but how is pressing back and not going "back" not an issue"

Okay, I'm going to try and help you understand.

How this process works is a "builder" (for example, me) will take someone else's CODE and use that to BUILD a package that will work on your phone.

This essentially means that I am taking someone else's (who is much more knowledgeable and skilled than I am at coding) work, and put it all together using a build environment to create the package that you flash on your phone.

This means that if there is an issue with the code that creates a "bug" or undesirable effect, I have to fix the code and submit it to the developers github. And this is assuming that I would have the skills and knowledge to fix the code. Which I do not.

We therefore have to wait for either the developer or a very talented person to "fix" the code before the "bug" you see in the ROM is fixed.

As of right now, the code being used to create the package you flash is set to make the back button function the way it currently does. There is nothing I can do to change this to the way YOU want it to function. This also does not constitute a "bug".

I am letting you know this not to be a d*ck, but to help you understand why you are not getting the level of support you clearly desire.

Bottom line is this; until the code is changed the ROM will continue to function the way it is. I can tell that this is really bothering you, and instead of getting frustrated posting in this forum and not receiving the answers you want, perhaps you would like to try another ROM that is more suited to your tastes and preferences and desires.

Again, not trying to be a d*ck, just trying to help you understand. :good:

Reactions: Sheetzie03
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xylon-Mako-PNG.png

Features:
    -All UltimatumXY features based off the latest Github commits
    -Linaro optimized
    -Built from source
    -Compiled with GCC4.9
    -O3 and CFLAG optimized

Follow me on Twitter for the latest new and updates, and/or if you'd like to personally interact with me. (@MBQsniper)

Nightlies:

Changelog:
    Code:
    07/23/13

dalvik:
    debug: allow ability to hide GC freed lines in logcat

HALO:
    Update download link for PA

android:
    Update default.xml
    Update default.xml
    Update default.xml

packages/apps/uTool:
    Fix German string derp. (MBQ)
    Merge pull request #20 from MBQsniper/patch-1
    Added a dependency for Halo Size
    Remove and refine Ram bar
    Merge branch 'jellybean' of https://github.com/UltimatumKang/android_packages_apps_uTool into jellybean
    Added some French translations.
    SlimPIE Off = SlimPIE options are useless
    Fix Erwan's mistake, and not sure wtf SlimPIE is useless whereas is the best..
    Lockscreen text color, strings changes

frameworks/base:
    Signal strength: add more checks to signal strength,
    Fix typo error
    Fix menu UI overflow ?
    Merge branch 'jellybean' of https://github.com/UltimatumKang/android_frameworks_base into jellybean
    Proper fix to   [user=4588843]@AirOne70[/user]'s mistake
    HALO bigger update
    Invert boolean for Menu UI Overflow
    HALO black toasts, italics, blue text
    Lockscreen Text color
    HALO batch envelope icon for non-numbered items
    derp

system/core:
    fs_mgr: Drop the context mount option from non-selinux builds
    fs_mgr: Don't assume all fstab entries have options
    Revert "fs_mgr: Drop the context mount option from non-selinux builds"
    fs_mgr: Drop the context mount option from non-selinux builds

device/lge/mako:
    Revert "Fix fstab and init.mako.rc on non SELinux builds"
    selinux: Fix access to camera socket

packages/apps/Camera:
    Camera: Update italian translation
    Camera: HDR: fix rotation issues.
    Camera: Add translatables
    Merge "camera: fix image capture review mode when zsl is enabled" into cm-10.1
    Merge "Camera: Add translatables" into cm-10.1
    Merge "Camera: Update italian translation" into cm-10.1
    Merge "Camera:add traditional chinese translation" into cm-10.1
    Camera: HDR: don't reset focus manager when HDR is active.
    Camera: Make camera settings transparent

packages/apps/Gallery2:
    Gallery : Filter picasa specific options
    ix typo for AndroidManifest.xml
    Merge branch 'jb4.2' of git://github.com/SlimRoms/packages_apps_Gallery2 into HEAD
    Add storage selection (2/2)
    Fix activity stack when restarting the screen nail
    Revert "Revert "[2/2] Camera: add software HDR rendering""
    All credits go to Daxmax and his Xylon team.

Nightlies:

UltimatumXY:
    http://uxy.mbqonxda.net/

GApps:
    http://goo.im/devs/MBQsniper/GApps/

Instructions:
    1. Download it
    2. Extract the zip
    3. Put the pictures in your desired folder

Thanks to:
    The CyanogenMod team
    Google
    Anarkia1976
    Dreamsforgotten
    something15525
    IT_blackbelt
    UBER
    Mazda
    SavocaFTW
    The Crossbones team
    DaxMax
    The Xylon team
    And anyone else who has helped me

(If I missed someone, please let me know)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong when flashing, or using the ROM.

Feel free to chat in this thread, just avoid getting yourselves in trouble. Enjoy! :)

I kindly ask that you rate this thread 5 stars,
    And for anyone who cares,
    Today is my last day ever of high school, and tomorrow, I graduate. :D

Definitely, if it helps you produce great work

Honestly, without the guys behind Xy, AOKP, CM, etc, Id be nothing. (I) Couldnt be any more grateful for Google making their stuff open source. The genius and creativity that comes out of this community we've all essentially built up absolutely blows my mind. It's an honor to have all of you to support me, let alone download this ROM ive compiled, and contributed (a small part) to. While Dax and friends works on building up to whichever version he plans to release next, Im bringing you guys through each step with these nightlies, adding, reverting, editing, etc.. and you all get to actively give me feedback on what works, and what doesnt.. and we basically build around the opinion of the community. So, without everyone else involved, again, I really wouldnt be much. (Being humble. <3)

Anyways, sorry for writing a little story. Hahaha, point is... coffee, adderall, energy drinks, and the positivity from all of you keep me going. Donations are always appreciated, but never expected, of course.

I <3 you all
    Here's whats going to happen guys:

School is coming to an end soon, and I got accepted to the University I really wanted to go to. Since I have been accepted, my mom and I are now vehemently working at saving for me for college. If you guys want to donate, I highly encourage it, and wont put out any more ROMs until people have donated. Hahahaha just kidding. But. I've been working more, and will soon be getting a promotion, which means more hours, and more money. I have been trying to get into app development to better understand java, and achieve the goals I set for myself. Ill post in here as much as i can, as well as merge requests to those wonderful people who contribute to my app, tweet me, or post on my Facebook. With that being said, ill push nightlies out for maguro and toroplus as much as possible, and might not update the OP right away. There is a changelog.txt in the xynightly/ section, as well as one in the ROMs zip, so if you download from the goo app, you'll be able to see a changelog from there. Ill update it every night.

Im also thinking of starting my own G+ community that is open to the public. Opinions?

Also, thank you all for understanding! You guys mean alot to me, as silly as that sounds.

Edit: I promise I wont be one of those devs who disappears until update time. I really enjoy interacting with all of you! Its a satisfying feeling know that thousands of people know who I am, and kinda care about me. (Or hate me, haha).