[TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for TOTALLY newbie!

Search This thread

Koulis2000

Apr 30, 2011
Thessaloniki
Quote:
5. HOW TO MAKE CENTER CLOCK?

res/layout

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/left_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textSize="15.0dip" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/doNotDisturbIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_dnd" android:alpha="0.7" android:scaleX="0.85" android:scaleY="0.85" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/right_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentRight="true">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/tw_signal_cluster_view" />
                <TextView android:textSize="9.0dip" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_network_name_separator" />
                <ImageView android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="centerInside" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_old" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_new" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
edit the xml just like mine

res/layout/tw_status_bar.xml as I remember.

Make sure to fix this on the post.

Reactions: joehanh88

Logen91

Aug 11, 2011
Solt
Re: [TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for newbie!

Nice guide! I would remove the notification toggle button text and change the light color. Can you help me what should change?

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-I9070-ről

joehanh88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nice guide! I would remove the notification toggle button text and change the light color. Can you help me what should change?

+1 :good: also to close the gap between the toggles and brightness slider :)

yea..sure..i'll add it in my next update :)

Awesome guide bro!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

thanks.. :D just sharing what i know :p

Reactions: xxScoobxx

Logen91

Aug 11, 2011
Solt
are you really sure that you have follow all steps?
have you copy and replace the meta and androidmanifest from the original apk into the build folder?

Yes. I did 6 files continuously during the modding. The 6th including the tut 11. I installed the 6th, got bootloop. After that reinstalled the 5th and it got bootloop too. What's the next step? :D

joehanh88

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes. I did 6 files continuously during the modding. The 6th including the tut 11. I installed the 6th, got bootloop. After that reinstalled the 5th and it got bootloop too. What's the next step? :D

did you have edited any of the .9patch?
have you installed framework and systemui with "apktool if" command?
did recompiling gave any error?

Koulis2000

Apr 30, 2011
Thessaloniki
.9 did not edit. They are installed too. There was only translation errors...

So, you have the SystemUI.apk, you decompiled it, made the changes on step 11.
Now recompile it and try to decompile the new file(edited). Do you get any errors?

Most of the times I got bootloops because of compiling errors. If you get errors when decompiling the edited SystemUI.apk, that means you have problems compiling or you did something wrong. If you are sure you did everything right then try to download the latest version of apktool.
( http://apkmultitool.com/ - I use this)

And make sure that your system is deodexed.

Reactions: joehanh88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello community :)

i would like to share something i know about how to theme for most SystemUI.apk.

What in this TUT??

PAGE #1 :
    1. Theme Tools that needed.
    2. STEPS for making theme.
    3. HOW TO CHANGE COLOR FOR TEXT.
    4. HOW TO MAKE 1% BATTERY INCREMENT.
    5. HOW TO MAKE CENTER CLOCK.
    6. HOW TO REARRANGE THE TOGGLE.
    7. HOW TO REMOVE THE BRIGHTNESS BAR.
    8. HOW TO CHANGE STATUS BAR BACKGROUND.
    9. HOW TO MAKE THE BUTTON AND NOTIFICATION TRANSPARENT.
    10. HOW TO MAKE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND.

PAGE #2 :
    11. HOW TO REMOVE THE TEXT AND TOGGLES STATUS.
    12. HINT HOW TO EDIT IMAGE WITHOUT GETTING ERROR!
    13. sample_toggles for all! :)
    14. HOW TO CHANGE ANY PART WITH IMAGE.
    15. How To Sign Your Apk After Modding!

1. Theme Tools that needed :
    - Apktool (download the Jar and aapt) [only for Windows] thanks to iBotPeaches for the tool.

- Android Utility [only for MAC/LINUX] thanks to tommytomatoe for the tool.

- Better Draw9Patch. (for editing .9patch png) thanks to AndroidGraphix for the tool.

- good .xml reader (i'd prefer Notepad ++).
    - good image editor (i'd prefer GIMP).
    - for color to html, go to this site (colorgenerator or colorhunter which is my reference for color :)

i dont know about Linux or Mac, so this TUT is just for Windows. But im sure the steps is just the same.

STEPS after download the tool (Apktool):
    - extract both downloaded zip file. (the Jar and aapt)
    - you'll get 3 files ( aapt.exe, apktool.bat, and apktool.jar), place it together in one folder.
    - go to Home Menu, search for "cmd", copy the cmd to the apktool folder.​

STEPS for installing:
    1) pull your framework-res.apk (in system/framework)
    2) pull SystemUI.apk (in system/app)
    3) install them with the command

Code:
    apktool if framework-res.apk
    Code:
    apktool if SystemUI.apk
    this will install the framework and the systemui for the current ROM.​

2. STEPS for making theme :
    1) decompile SystemUI.apk with the command.

Code:
    apktool d SystemUI.apk

2) then go to SystemUI/res/drawable-hdpi/ (to edit the images)
    be careful of the .9.png . Use the Better Draw9Patch tool for editing .9patch pngs.

these are the list of the png and where it will display :

for background :
    * notification_panel_bg.9 ------------------------------------------------| (status bar bg)
    * tw_quick_panel_list_bg_f/n/p ----------------------------------------| (toggle bg)
    * tw_quick_panel_quick_setting_button_bg_normal.9 ---------| (toggle button background)
    * tw_status_bar_call_ongoing_#####.9 ----------------------------| (status bar display when call)

for icons :
    * all tw_quick_panel_icon_###.png ----------------------------------| (toggle button)
    togglenotmove.png

* stat_sys_battery_# , stat_sys_battery_charge_anim## ------| (for battery display)
    * tw_quickpanel_icon_#.png -------------------------------------------| (for status bar expended quicksetting)
    * tw_quick_panel_plnm_setting_dv ----------------------------------| (for divider between the quicksetting and clock)
    * tw_status_bar_close_on/off ------------------------------------------| ( for the status bar bottom drag)

for recent tumbnail :
    * look for all recents_thumbnail_#.png ------------------------------| (for thumbnail bg)
    * tw_btn_default_normal_holo_recent_button.9 ------------------| (for btn bg)
    * tw_recent_panel_icon_######_holo_dark ----------------------| (for btn icon)

thats all for the important images (other images you'll know just with its look and where it belong :p)​

3. HOW TO CHANGE TEXT COLOR.

res/layout :
    1. tw_status bar.xml

battery text color.
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="12.0dip" android:textColor="#something"

clock text color.
    Code:
     <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#something"
    change the "something" with your preferred color.

2. tw_status_bar_expanded_header.xml

for pull down clock color.
    clockdateheader.png

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:textColor="#something"
    for date color.
    Code:
    "@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Date" android:textColor="#something"

res/values :
    1. colors.xml
    for pull down Notification label color.
    Code:
    <color name="notification_category_color">
    for clear button label text color.
    Code:
    <color name="tw_status_bar_clear_btn_text">
    notification.png
    clearbutton.png

2. styles.xml
    Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded">
            <item name="android:textSize">32.0dip</item>
            <item name="android:textStyle">normal</item>
            <item name="android:textColor">#ff33b5e5</item>
            <item name="android:fontFamily">sans-serif-light</item>
    Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Date" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded">
            <item name="android:textSize">12.0dip</item>
            <item name="android:textColor">#FF9CE4FE</item>
            <item name="android:textAllCaps">true</item>
    Code:
    <style name="TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Network" parent="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded">
            <item name="android:textSize">14.0dip</item>
            <item name="android:textColor">#ff33b5e5</item>
    clockdateheader.png

you can change the text size, color, style (bold or normal) in that xml.​

4. HOW TO MAKE 1% BATTERY INCREMENT :
    res/drawable/
    - edit the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml to be like this :
    Code:
    <level-list
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_0" android:maxLevel="0" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_1" android:maxLevel="1" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_2" android:maxLevel="2" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_3" android:maxLevel="3" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_4" android:maxLevel="4" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_5" android:maxLevel="5" />
    until :
    Code:
    <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_95" android:maxLevel="95" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_96" android:maxLevel="96" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_97" android:maxLevel="97" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_98" android:maxLevel="98" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_99" android:maxLevel="99" />
        <item android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_100" android:maxLevel="100" />
    </level-list>

animated battery charge display :
    Code:
    <level-list
        <item android:maxLevel="0">
            <animation-list android:oneshot="false"
                <item android:duration="1500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_0" />
                <item android:duration="500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0" />
            </animation-list>
        </item>
        <item android:maxLevel="1">
                <item android:duration="1500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_1" />
                <item android:duration="500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge_anim1" />
            </animation-list>
        </item>
        <item android:maxLevel="2">
                <item android:duration="1500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_2" />
                <item android:duration="500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge_anim2" />
            </animation-list>
    until :
    Code:
    <item android:maxLevel="100">
                <item android:duration="1500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_100" />
                <item android:duration="500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge_anim100" />
            </animation-list>
        </item>
        <item android:maxLevel="101">
                <item android:duration="1000" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_100" />
                <item android:duration="500" android:drawable="@drawable/stat_sys_battery_charge_animfull" />
            </animation-list>
        </item>
    </level-list>
    then put the battery icons in res/drawable-hdpi, recompile.​

5. HOW TO MAKE CENTER CLOCK?
    greencenter.jpg

res/layout

tw_status_bar.xml
    Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
      xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
        <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/left_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                <TextView android:textSize="15.0dip" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/carrierLabel" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
                <ImageView android:id="@id/doNotDisturbIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/tw_dnd" android:alpha="0.7" android:scaleX="0.85" android:scaleY="0.85" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:gravity="center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
            </LinearLayout>
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/right_icons" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentRight="true">
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="right|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                    <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/tw_signal_cluster_view" />
                    <TextView android:textSize="9.0dip" android:textColor="#ff99FF00" android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery_text" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/status_bar_network_name_separator" />
                    <ImageView android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/battery" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
                </LinearLayout>
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            </ImageSwitcher>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_old" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:id="@id/ticker_text_view_new" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
        </LinearLayout>
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
    edit the xml just like mine :p

6. HOW TO REARRANGE THE TOGGLE :
    before:
    togglenotmove.png

res/values
    arrays.xml
    Code:
    <string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute">
            <item>Wifi</item> 
    <item><string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute">
            <item>Wifi</item>   
    	<item>Location</item>
            <item>SilentMode</item>
            <item>AutoRotate</item>
            <item>Bluetooth</item>
            <item>MobileData</item>
            <item>DormantMode</item>
            <item>PowerSaving</item>
            <item>AllShareCast</item>
            <item>MultiWindow</item>
    	<item>Sync</item>
        </string-array>

just arrange what ever you want it to be with replace the arrangement of that xml.
    eg. you want to make the GPS toggle to the other side :
    HTML:
    <string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute">
            <item>Wifi</item>        
            <item>SilentMode</item>
            <item>AutoRotate</item>
            <item>Bluetooth</item>
            <item>MobileData</item>
            <item>DormantMode</item>
            <item>PowerSaving</item>
            <item>AllShareCast</item>
            <item>MultiWindow</item>
    	<item>Location</item>
            <item>Sync</item>
        </string-array>
    after :
    togglemoved.png

thats it, then recompile! :D

7. HOW TO REMOVE THE BRIGHTNESS BAR :
    brightnessbar.png

res/layouts
    tw_status_bar_expanded.xml
    find :
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/brightness_controller" android:background="#00000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="56.0dip">
    replace the
    Code:
    android:layout_height="56.0dip"
    with
    Code:
    android:layout_height="0.0dip"

recompile :D

8. HOW TO CHANGE STATUS BAR BACKGROUND :

res/drawable-hdpi
    this is the easiest way.
    replace the notification_panel_bg.9.png with any of your preferred image with resolution of 480x800.

but before that dont forget to make all toggle background to be transparent.
    well, these are several ways that you can make it done :

1) this is the step that i always use to make change the background.
    - decompile the apk.
    - go to the res/drawable-hdpi folder.
    - find the notification_panel_bg.9.png.
    - open it with any of your preferred photo editor.
    - resize the image to 482x802 (so that the other 2x2 pixel will leave for .9patch).
    - open the image that you want to make as background (copy it)
    - paste it into the notification_panel_bg.9.png that you have resized.
    - draw the whole 2x2 with black line #000000.
    - save the image.
    - recompile.​

2) this steps is much easier, but i dont recommend. sometimes it failed. :p
    - decompile the apk.
    - recompile the apk.
    - go to build/apk/res/drawable-hdpi.
    - find the notification_panel_bg.9.png
    - replace with your preferred image. (but dont forget to name the image with the same name include .9)
    - build the apk again.
    - your finished apk will be in dist folder.​

3) this is the safest way i guess :p but always success.
    - decompile the apk.
    - go to res/layout folder.
    - find tw_status_bar_expanded.xml
    - in that xml, find android:background="@drawable/notification_panel_bg".
    - change that notification_panel_bg with any name. example android:background="@drawable/mybackground".
    - save the xml.
    - then, go to res/drawable-hdpi folder.
    - place your image named "mybackground".
    - compile the apk.​

9. HOW TO MAKE THE BUTTON AND NOTIFICATION TRANSPARENT :
    res/layouts
    find :
    all
    Code:
    android:background="#something"
    in the xml the change the "#something" with "#00000000".

change ff value to (00 -> 100% transparency, 3f -> 75% transparency, 7f -> 50% transparency, bf -> 25% transparency)
    The other value (1e1e1e) is RBG for grey color, if you want it black it will be (000000).
    So:
    #00000000 - black with 100% transparency
    #3F000000 - black with 75% transparency
    #7F000000 - black with 50% transparency
    #BF000000 - black with 25% transparency

this post originally posted at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2078585 by majdinj (hit thanks to him :D)

then go to SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\phone

PhoneStatusBar.smali
    - find -0x100 (there will be just two of it in that smali)
    - change both to 0x0 (0=zero)
    - save smali.
    (that will make the notification bar transparent).​

10. HOW TO MAKE TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND :

res/layout
    find :
    Code:
    android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="@drawable/notification_panel_bg"
    change the "@drawable/notification_panel_bg" to "#00000000" or your preferred transparent range. Then, recompile :)

11. HOW TO REMOVE THE TEXT AND TOGGLES STATUS :

res/layout

tw_quick_setting_button.xml

find :

Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/btn_image" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="60.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" />

1. change the android:layout_height="60.0dip" to android:layout_height="90.0dip".
    2. change the android:layout_marginTop="4.0dip" to android:layout_marginTop="0.0dip"

then in the same xml.
    find :
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="@dimen/quick_setting_button_text_size"
    at the same line, you'll see android:textColor="blablabla", change it to android:textColor="#00000000".
    and android:layout_height="blabla.bladip" to android:layout_height="0.0dip"

also at the same xml.
    find :
    Code:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/btn_status_image"
    change all the padding to be like mine :

HTML:
    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/btn_status_image" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:paddingTop="0.0dip" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:paddingBottom="0.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:scaleType="fitXY" android:drawable="@drawable/tw_quick_panel_off" />

all this steps will make the size of the toggle bigger, remove the toggles text, and remove the toggles status.

then go to :

res/values
    dimens.xml

find :
    Code:
    <dimen name="quick_setting_button_

there will be 7 lines of it in that xml.
    change the line to be just like mine :
    HTML:
    <dimen name="quick_setting_button_height">90.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_image_height">90.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_text_height">0.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_text_size">0.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_status_height">0.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_status_padding">2.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="quick_setting_button_margin_top">0.0dip</dimen>

next steps :
    - make your own toggle images with resolution of 80x100 or 90x110 or mine is 90x150. ( just any resolution that fit your toggle when displayed).
    - it doesn't matter because you already fix the dimension of the toggle display. The point of creating new big toggles is not to make the display stretched or narrowed.

final steps:

res/layout

find :

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.quicksetting.QuickSettingPanel android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/quicksetting_container" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content"

- in that line you'll see android:divider="@bla/blablabla" change it to android:divider="#00000000".

(that will remove the divider between the toggles)

then in the same xml, find :
    HTML:
    <HorizontalScrollView android:id="@id/quicksetting_scroller" android:scrollbars="none" android:layout_width="wrap_content"

edit the android:layout_height= to android:layout_height="90.0dip".

finish, recompile! :)

this is how it will look like :
    blablablaho.png

12. HINT HOW TO EDIT IMAGE WITHOUT GETTING ERROR! :

1) ONLY EDIT the .9patch images before recompile the apk!

HOW TO EDIT IT??
    - use the Better Draw9Patch to edit .9patch.
    - there are many TUT for that..but i will put it in this TUT later.
    - ONLY EDIT THE .9patch images in res/ (which folder it belong) before recompile!

dot9image.png
    dot9image2.png

2) EDIT NON-.9patch images after you recompile the "HOW TO EDIT IT" above.
    - you can edit all of the NON-.9patch images FREELY in build/res/apk/ (which folder it belong).
    - the folder you'll get after you recompile the apk.
    - BUT DO NOT TOUCH ANY .9patch images in there!

13. sample toggles for ALL!! :

want other cool toggles???
    click this link!!

link updated : 12 MAY 2013

and here is the base for all my icons :
    just put the icon inside that toggle base :)

all_base.png

download link :

base_sample_toggle_1
    base_sample_toggle_2

want other cool toggles???
    click this link!!

just download it and try to mod yourself with my toggles :)
    the toggles is able to use if you use all my dimension that i have modded in the tut. (TUT #11)
    dont forget to hit thanks if you using this toggles for your mod. give me credits is good enough. :D

14. HOW TO CHANGE ANY BACKGROUND WITH OWN IMAGE :
    In this TUT#14, you can change any part with any image by using the .9patch. png.
    its easy, you just need to change the color code in the xml for example android:background="#colorcode" to android:background="@drawable/your_image".
    And then you need to create an .9.png image then put it into res/drawable-****.
    the **** means what is your device dpi.
    the size of the image is depend with the part that you want to change, it is your creativity.

15. How To Sign Your Apk After Modding! (IMPORTANT)
    - recompile the apk, then the apktool will create new folder named "build".
    - open the build/apk/ , copy and replace the original META-INF folder and AndroidManifest.xml into it. (for signing)
    - recompile again by using command :
    Code:
    apktool b SystemUI
    - your modded file will be in "dist" folder.

P.S : ALWAYS REPLACE THE ORIGINAL META-INF FOLDER AND AndroidManifest.xml from the ORIGINAL APK into the MODDED APK AFTER BUILD! or else you got bootloop.

references :
    - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2078585 by majdinj.
    - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1714481 by emompong.
    - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?t=35294425&postcount=172 by devabhishek.
    credits to :
    - Koulis2000 because teach me a lot of things especially for the xml and .9patch, thanks dude!
    - bobfrantic also share what he knows to me :), thanks a lot!

let me know if i forgot place your name as credit, im just normal human being :fingers-crossed: and sorry for that.
    hit thanks to them, their post really help me a lot :cowboy:
    there will be more TUT after this..maybe how to theme framework-res.apk ;)
    there must be something more i left, but i will put it later when i remember what it is.

if you got something more to ask, dont be shy to PM me.. i'll be happy to help..
    (only if im able to!)

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW FOR HOW TO MODDING SYSTEMUI.APK, AND IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS TUT, PLEASE SHARE IT HERE :)
    SO THAT MAYBE THIS TUT WILL HELP MANY PEOPLE WITH MANY VERSION OF DEVICES, I WISH THIS THREAD WILL BECOME THE PERFECT PLACE FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEARN ABOUT HOW TO THEME SYSTEMUI.APK :)
    Nice thread, can you also add how to hide text in the toggles in the status pull down? Also here is a great little program people can use for determining color codes like #cecece to change colors. windows only though :)

View attachment 1826979
    i put the site i refer already :)
    anyway, thanks..
    will update the thing you said for next update..
    Nice thread, can you also add how to hide text in the toggles in the status pull down? Also here is a great little program people can use for determining color codes like #cecece to change colors. windows only though :)

View attachment color2html.zip
    can i use apk multi tool to do this as it gives all xml and icon files easily..??
    is both same ??

thx for tutorial.

yes..just the same..but for apkmulti tool always set compression level to 0..(option 21).
    and dont forget to replace the original META folder and AndroidManifest to the modded apk after recompile.. :)

Great tutorial, all well explained. Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9070
    hope this thread help a lot of people :)