By Phil3759, Inactive Recognized Developer on 15th May 2013, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th June 2013, 07:28 PM |#101  
EU
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdonanthony

i followed the instructions on how to use aromafm but when i double tap it says "No clockworkmod\ . aromafm\aromafm.zip on sdcards"
did i do something wrong ? i just followed those easy stips

help me @Phil3759

you need to flash the aroma file manager every time you want to use it, there's no harm in this, instead of selecting aroma fm from menu, just flash it and use it
18th June 2013, 12:23 PM |#102  
Flag Balikesir
Thanks Meter: 109

Donate to Me
More
This cwm is working on INTL S4? I want use this.
18th June 2013, 01:04 PM |#103  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OguzhanVarsak

This cwm is working on INTL S4? I want use this.

Yes it is working on intl s4 9500...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
19th June 2013, 02:45 PM |#104  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 197

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
Just rooted my device and installed this recovery.

Before I fool around and run the True Clean script, I wanted to take a back up.

Is it best that I do a regular backup from the CWM menu? OR,
under Philz Settings, go to "custom backup" and choose "Clone ROM to update?

What is the difference between the two and which is better?

One other thing ... I tried doing the regular backup (1) above, but do not see where the file has been saved to My space has been reduced, so I know its in there, but where?

Thanks
19th June 2013, 09:48 PM |#105  
Flag Kuwait

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

Either use a root explorer in your ROM to browse to /data/media and not /data/media/0 or in recovery, go to Advanced menu, and switch path to /data/media/0

Thanks Phil, I just went about reading from the beginning of this thread and saw this reply of yours

If I want to move the backup to my PC, should I move the entire contents of /data/media/clockworkmod or should I move the contents of /data/media/clockworkmod/backup?

under the /data/media/clockworkmod folder I see a folder called custom_rom too ... should that be backed up too?

If I do a "Clone ROM to update", would that make it a single zip file that I can move to my PC more easily?

Thanks for any help
19th June 2013, 09:58 PM |#106  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33,216

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Thanks Phil, I just went about reading from the beginning of this thread and saw this reply of yours

If I want to move the backup to my PC, should I move the entire contents of /data/media/clockworkmod or should I move the contents of /data/media/clockworkmod/backup?

under the /data/media/clockworkmod folder I see a folder called custom_rom too ... should that be backed up too?

If I do a "Clone ROM to update", would that make it a single zip file that I can move to my PC more easily?

Thanks for any help

Clone ROM, clones only ROM: means /data is not included. This is for reasons explains many times (see n7000 thread)
custom_rom: will contain the zip from clone rom
backup folder: all your backups, that's what you need to save
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 03:11 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile How to use it?
How can I use it?
20th June 2013, 06:53 AM |#108  
Flag Kuwait

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Clone ROM, clones only ROM: means /data is not included. This is for reasons explains many times (see n7000 thread)
custom_rom: will contain the zip from clone rom
backup folder: all your backups, that's what you need to save

Thanks Phil

Just 2 more questions ... can I copy the backups folder to my PC, and then delete the entire contents of my /data/media/clockworkmod folder (to put it back in the same place later, if required)?

After rooting, installing recovery and starting my ROM, I had the entire 8.9 GB space. Took a backup and aborted it half way (got a call on my land line that my boss was trying to phone me). I then took a backup and found only about 1.6GB remaining. Could not locate the backup in my clockworkmod folder so based on your advice, installed Root Explorer, copied the backups folder to my PC.

I then went back to recovery and deleted all backups and the freed unused backup data. I now still only have 4.8GB. How can I make a fresh start with all the 8.9 GB that I had?

Thanks
20th June 2013, 07:24 AM |#109  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33,216

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Thanks Phil

Just 2 more questions ... can I copy the backups folder to my PC, and then delete the entire contents of my /data/media/clockworkmod folder (to put it back in the same place later, if required)?

After rooting, installing recovery and starting my ROM, I had the entire 8.9 GB space. Took a backup and aborted it half way (got a call on my land line that my boss was trying to phone me). I then took a backup and found only about 1.6GB remaining. Could not locate the backup in my clockworkmod folder so based on your advice, installed Root Explorer, copied the backups folder to my PC.

I then went back to recovery and deleted all backups and the freed unused backup data. I now still only have 4.8GB. How can I make a fresh start with all the 8.9 GB that I had?

Thanks

please take time to read main thread, mainly the FAQ I just added
It will answer your question about space
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
20th June 2013, 09:36 AM |#110  
Flag Kuwait

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

please take time to read main thread, mainly the FAQ I just added
It will answer your question about space

Thanks a ton I formatted sd-card I've got my space back!

Ok! I did read the FAQ in the other thread, but since I'm not technical and its my first Samsung phone, am a little scared ... sorry about this.

Can I assume that the options on the main screen works just like that on the standard CWM recovery and therefore if I press "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset" from the main menu, the entire ROM and everything on the phone goes? On my old Nexus S, that's what used to happen, but like I said ... this Recovery seems far ahead with options that the initial nervousness it there.

One other thing ... asked it earlier, but did not find out. If I copy the data\media\...\backups to my computer and delete the original from the phone, can I just place it back in the right place to restore later?

Thanks again and again

sorry about making you hold a baby as it takes its first steps!
26th June 2013, 07:54 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Can not wipe dalvik cache, recovery freezes every time when I do this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)