Search This thread

ClarusWidgets

Dec 27, 2010
New York
Hello,

We're the developers behind Clarus Battery and Clarus Signal

What is it?
Clarus Places is an app to quickly save location information to the default android address book.

We're releasing a beta version to XDA before we release to the Android Market. While this is almost feature and code complete and we have tested extensively, we'd appreciate information on any bugs and / or suggestions (clarus.widget@konsentia.com).

What is incomplete?
The Help button is disabled.

Permissions:
- Coarse Location - For location
- Fine Location - For location
- Internet Access - For maps and Flurry
- System Tools - For start at boot for notification bar icon

Flurry:
We use Flurry to track downloads and exceptions. We only use the Internet Access permission to determine coarse location (Country). Also Flurry provides information on phone make/ model/ firmware.

Finally, we do not have access to the actual data. We only see aggregated data that Flurry makes available.

Others:
Clarus Places always will be free and with no ads.

Update
We just released the final version of the app in the market.

Link
Android Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=Clarus.Places.rr

Thank you.
Clarus Widgets
www.konsentia.com

Attachments

• notification.jpg
    notification.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 38
  • help.jpg
    help.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 26
  • permissions.jpg
    permissions.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
Will give this a try on 3G today.

I have been wondering for some time now, and I'm hoping the people who view this thread would probably have experience in this field and know the answer. I have probably 8 or 10 different apps that in someway incorporate the use of Google maps (satellite view). They all have the option the cache map data, so I don't keep re-downloading often viewed map areas. Do Google map caches, go to a single cache area, to be used by all programs...or am I saving the same data 10 times over on my phone, separately for each app? It seems like my memory is filling up faster than it should be, and I'm thinking this is the culprit??

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

We're the developers behind Clarus Battery and Clarus Signal

What is it?
    Clarus Places is an app to quickly save location information to the default android address book.

We're releasing a beta version to XDA before we release to the Android Market. While this is almost feature and code complete and we have tested extensively, we'd appreciate information on any bugs and / or suggestions (clarus.widget@konsentia.com).

What is incomplete?
    The Help button is disabled.

Permissions:
    - Coarse Location - For location
    - Fine Location - For location
    - Internet Access - For maps and Flurry
    - System Tools - For start at boot for notification bar icon

Flurry:
    We use Flurry to track downloads and exceptions. We only use the Internet Access permission to determine coarse location (Country). Also Flurry provides information on phone make/ model/ firmware.

Finally, we do not have access to the actual data. We only see aggregated data that Flurry makes available.

Others:
    Clarus Places always will be free and with no ads.

Update
    We just released the final version of the app in the market.

Link
    Android Market - https://market.android.com/details?id=Clarus.Places.rr

Thank you.
    Clarus Widgets
    www.konsentia.com