Rogers RAZR software update

Search This thread

B407

Jan 6, 2011
So I received a notification saying that there is a software update for my rogers branded razr. When click the link for the release notes it says the article is no longer available. Anyone try out the update yet?

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
So I received a notification saying that there is a software update for my rogers branded razr. When click the link for the release notes it says the article is no longer available. Anyone try out the update yet?

If you get it, save to install later option. Copy the file after that and share with us if this really comes out.

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

B407

Jan 6, 2011
If you get it, save to install later option. Copy the file after that and share with us if this really comes out.

Thanks

How do I do that? the only options I have are download which I assume would download the software and install right away, the second option is 'later' which dismisses the notification for 24 hours and 'cancel' to skip this upgrade.

The file size is only about 96mb so im pretty sure its not ICS. Im assuming its something relatively minor.

Reactions: pedrotorresfilho

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
How do I do that? the only options I have are download which I assume would download the software and install right away, the second option is 'later' which dismisses the notification for 24 hours and 'cancel' to skip this upgrade.

The file size is only about 96mb so im pretty sure its not ICS. Im assuming its something relatively minor.

Download it. Gr8

Tell us more about it. Anyone else getting it?

What's version info?

It's probably some bug fixes, maybe 2.3.6 and a nice radio update

Last edited:

laerun81

Apr 13, 2012
It most certainly isn't fake, however It fails when I download and try to install, I'm guessing because my phone is rooted. It updates the build version from 651.73.240 to 651.167.3331. No details are provided by either Motorola or Rogers, I am very curious to find out what this fixes (or potentially breaks).

gunness1991

Feb 3, 2012
Toronto

if anyone tells me where to find the file i just downloaded on my phone speak now so i can find it and upload it
its approx 98 mb

btw the next time you announce an update like said above, PICS OR ITS FAKE!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
It most certainly isn't fake, however It fails when I download and try to install, I'm guessing because my phone is rooted. It updates the build version from 651.73.240 to 651.167.3331. No details are provided by either Motorola or Rogers, I am very curious to find out what this fixes (or potentially breaks).

So, it's real?

My razr is kind of broken due radio issues and a radio update should fix it

Oh man. Lol

Sent this by tweeter to some android news. They'll spread it and soon we'll get a feedback

Do the same guys

Last edited:
Reactions: gunness1991

laerun81

Apr 13, 2012
So, it's real?

My razr is kind of broken due radio issues and a radio update should fix it

Oh man. Lol

Real for sure, and now we have pics! Haha. Anyways the only issues I've had with my RAZR thus far is on certain low end games (Angry Birds, Bejeweled 2 etc) the phone will hang for almost 5 seconds at a time randomly. But runs fine and ultra smooth with anything 3D and Graphics demanding (ShadowGun). Strange to say the least, as well kinda annoying but livable.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Real for sure, and now we have pics! Haha. Anyways the only issues I've had with my RAZR thus far is on certain low end games (Angry Birds, Bejeweled 2 etc) the phone will hang for almost 5 seconds at a time randomly. But runs fine and ultra smooth with anything 3D and Graphics demanding (ShadowGun). Strange to say the least, as well kinda annoying but livable.

Mine broke and I gota a replacement, but this one also came buged :/

Radio isn't okay. Gps is nuts lol

An ota is exactly what I was waiting for, may fix it you know?

Lets see it

Reactions: gunness1991

tycol

Mar 2, 2010
Yes, it's real. I just updated my Rogers Razr. It's a 2.3.6 update (bug fixed). Thanks!

System version: 651.167.3331.xt910.Rogers.en.CA
Baseband: U_1C.76.0FP
Webtop: WT-2.0.0-139_EN
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g72edff0
AP flex: ....P042, ..........A014
Build:6.5.1-167_SLC-M33.1
Build date: Feb 23....2012.

gunness1991

Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
it keeps failing for me.. weird
but i do have it sim unlocked from fido and using rogers

damn well i think i know whats going on

im using rogers and its downloading the rogers update but wont update it over the fido rom
crap.

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Yes, it's real. I just updated my Rogers Razr. It's a 2.3.6 update (bug fixed). Thanks!

System version: 651.167.3331.xt910.Rogers.en.CA
Baseband: U_1C.76.0FP
Webtop: WT-2.0.0-139_EN
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g72edff0
AP flex: ....P042, ..........A014
Build:6.5.1-167_SLC-M33.1
Build date: Feb 23....2012.

Can you share it with us? I'm trying to get this too but will take a lot here. lol

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use mine. Make sure you follow the instructions!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570466
    Restore a stock nandroid. There are a few floating around. DO NOT fastboot ANYTHING, as you will have no prayer of getting this update if you do.
    F..K! Motorola they make our live too dificult. We the LatAm Razr device have no love from motorola. I have a Motorola Razr from claro with a BR fastboot rom because my factory rom dont exist. As soon as htc one s arrive to tmobile with the 850mhz band i will get one and i will trow my razr from the window.

MOTOROLA MOBILITY YOU DISSAPOINT YOUR CUSTOMER WITH THE FALSE PROMISE FOR UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER. THIS WILL BE MY LAST MOTOROLA DEVICE JUST FOR THE POOR UPDATE FROM YOUR PART.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::
    Artic rom is that a good rom you recommend maybe? Hate bloatware myself and need somethingsmooth and stable

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

try powaloka v0.0.2

its EU 2.3.6 that works on Rogers/Fido/retail.BR.
    no its not fake i work at Rogers/Fido

Oh, so why haven't you shared original fastboot files yet?! :D
    If smb do this it would be marvellous.